Whos gettin the 7" Streak?

Guest Terrigno

Guest Terrigno

So, whos gonna get one? And how will you feel about having a 5" Dell Phone and a 7" Tablet that look both identical. Has the Gorilla Glass made you feel attached? How about that 7" Streak having an NVIDIA Tegra 2 Chip and rear cam along with a 1.3MP FFC? How do you guys feel about it? Whos jumpin on it? And who will be proud to have a streak 5 inch by there side while there sittin down, sipping coffee at starbucks and playing on there streak 7 inch? lol I gotta see whos jumpin in on it.

Guest SSMERK
So, whos gonna get one? And how will you feel about having a 5" Dell Phone and a 7" Tablet that look both identical. Has the Gorilla Glass made you feel attached? How about that 7" Streak having an NVIDIA Tegra 2 Chip and rear cam along with a 1.3MP FFC? How do you guys feel about it? Whos jumpin on it? And who will be proud to have a streak 5 inch by there side while there sittin down, sipping coffee at starbucks and playing on there streak 7 inch? lol I gotta see whos jumpin in on it.

I would if I did not already have the iPad and the streak 5 , I feel that the 7 inch is really not my fav size I feel that a 9inch or 10 inch is the best . I use my iPad almost as much as my desktop. Don't get me wrong it looks hot but I don't think I will anytime soon will jump on the 7 inch bandwagon.

Guest hdbueller

I will if it has a working phone.... I used to love my Shift, but the phone and bluetooth were never quite right. Would prefer ATT bands tho............ Later :D

Guest alert_bri

I think the Dell Streak is the perfect 'PDA' size for me. I'm most interested in the rumoured Opus One as the next must have upgrade.

I'll take a look at anything bigger for home use, but would probably favour the Notion Ink Adam, or Motorola Xoom over a 7" Streak.

Cheers

Brian

Guest utahstreak

Wait until pick one up first, spec looks ok and also that it doesn't have the large bezel around the outside of the screen so should be a good portable size, but will have to wait until i physically pick one up.

If it's not so good will definitely keep 5 and maybe get a Xoom which looks amazing but again it's only a video i've seen.

Apparently there were 62 new tablets viewing/selling/promoting at CES! So there should be some choice.

Guest Terrigno

I just bought the Archos 101 on ebay new. Once I seen how the screen was, it made me realize how much I appreciated the Gorilla Glass screen on the Streak. So 2 days later, I sold the Archos back on ebay and got my money back for it. I just feel like after messing with the Streak and having a Samsung Captivate prior to that, I only want something now with the Gorilla Glass or something close to it. And I know the 7" Streak will have it. I know the Galaxy Tab has it, not sure what other tablets got it. Anyone know? Or something close to it? I just love the feel of the glass on there, doesnt make it feel cheap and mushy like the Arhcos was.

Guest popetodd

The Streak is just about right for a carry around device so the 7" form is not going to fly with me.

I have been watching the 10" tablets and am waiting for one that I can run a full Linux version on with dual boot to XP that has a hard drive that I can actually upgrade.

The Joop looked like a possibility but the SDD is proprietary so it too is a no go.

Guest superutp

if u have the streak 5 (as they call it now) then the streak 7 doesnt really make much sense....however I would definitely get a 10 inches propah tablet soon...

Guest utahstreak
I just bought the Archos 101 on ebay new. Once I seen how the screen was, it made me realize how much I appreciated the Gorilla Glass screen on the Streak. So 2 days later, I sold the Archos back on ebay and got my money back for it. I just feel like after messing with the Streak and having a Samsung Captivate prior to that, I only want something now with the Gorilla Glass or something close to it. And I know the 7" Streak will have it. I know the Galaxy Tab has it, not sure what other tablets got it. Anyone know? Or something close to it? I just love the feel of the glass on there, doesnt make it feel cheap and mushy like the Arhcos was.

If anything deserved the name of 'unobtainium' it's gorilla glass, it may well be strong but if it breaks and your LCD is still intact you have to replace the whole unit, as gorilla glass cannot be found for sale on it's own anywhere, unless of course you find some second hand piece that has been separated from a broken LCD. But as sellers of LCD's now realise that gorilla is unobtainable they have now only started selling complete units anyway.

i was really looking into the archos 101 what was it that you did not like about it . did it have multi touch or old school touch screen

Guest Mark ......

It'll depend on the price, if they think they can sell it for the same price as a Galaxy Tab or iPad then not a chance in hell.

Here's hoping they pay Steve to help them write code! :D