T-Mobile DE 2.1

Guest Ellia

T-Mobile DE released Android 2.1 for the Pulse.

http://www.t-mobile.de/fremdcontent/1,2790,137859,00.html

Maybe they fixed something but I don't think so. But if anybody want to compare it with the UK upgrade, feel free. Maybe the SMS bug is fixed, but I don't believe it.

Anyway they offer Android 1.6 on the page, but I think it's the old 1.5.

Edited by Ellia

Guest Richard_Arkless
T-Mobile DE released Android 2.1 for the Pulse.

http://www.t-mobile.de/fremdcontent/1,2790,137859,00.html

Maybe they fixed something but I don't think so. But if anybody want to compare it with the UK upgrade, feel free. Maybe the SMS bug is fixed, but I don't believe it.

Anyway they offer Android 1.6 on the page, but I think it's the old 1.5.

the size is too small, the previous updates was around 110mb, if I have time ill download it and extract updata and extract the system.img to see the build date

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless

its definitely a rom, ive downloaded it and am unpacking it to look at the build.prop build date

EDIT: its 2.1, the build date is Thu July 1st 2010 at 00:42:26 HKT

what was the build date of the uk one?

Guest Sami Beck
its definitely a rom, ive downloaded it and am unpacking it to look at the build.prop build date

EDIT: its 2.1, the build date is Thu July 1st 2010 at 00:42:26 HKT

what was the build date of the uk one?

any news is this new ? or old?

Guest Richard_Arkless
any news is this new ? or old?

I think we had the uk one in april so its not that much newer, im more interested in the 1.6 rom, has anyone downloaded it to see if it really is 1.6

I think we had the uk one in april so its not that much newer, im more interested in the 1.6 rom, has anyone downloaded it to see if it really is 1.6

The file has the same name and size like T-Mobile's 1.5.

the size is too small, the previous updates was around 110mb, if I have time ill download it and extract updata and extract the system.img to see the build date

That's it!im sure we'll have more space.who will give it a try is the question?I would but I have no pc for the moment so I revert back if something goes wrong.

That's it!im sure we'll have more space.who will give it a try is the question?I would but I have no pc for the moment so I revert back if something goes wrong.

Flashed it yesterday. There's more space on data and less on system. 80+ on data and 88 i think on system.

Guest Richard_Arkless
how can it installed with cyanogenmod rom? i cannot do the steps explained in the manual..

You put the dload folder on the sd card then you turn the phone on while holding the volume down button and the red button then it will flash

Flashed it yesterday. There's more space on data and less on system. 80+ on data and 88 i think on system.

so would you recommend others use this over the others, if so I will flash this over the uk one to get more space in data

so would you recommend others use this over the others, if so I will flash this over the uk one to get more space in data

Personally i like more space on /system because i use a2sd and don't need much space on /data :D But this partition layout is pretty good for having apps and dalvik on /data and that's good news for users that don't want to use a2sd.

p.s. Wipe data and cache before updating or you'll get stuck on android screen :P

Personally i like more space on /system because i use a2sd and don't need much space on /data :D But this partition layout is pretty good for having apps and dalvik on /data and that's good news for users that don't want to use a2sd.

p.s. Wipe data and cache before updating or you'll get stuck on android screen :P

yes but froyo gives us the opportunity to move the apps to sd so im not using a2sd.so i guess it would be better i flsh this over the uk.isnt this better richard?

btw it had just this difference?no other?

Guest diggicolg
You put the dload folder on the sd card then you turn the phone on while holding the volume down button and the red button then it will flash

Thanks a lot :D

Guest Richard_Arkless
yes but froyo gives us the opportunity to move the apps to sd so im not using a2sd.so i guess it would be better i flsh this over the uk.isnt this better richard?

btw it had just this difference?no other?

I havent had time to flash this but I guess it would be better as you get more space for data, problem is most 2.x rom's system folder is over 88mb so you will have to remove some apps but im sure once you remove apps that you can get optionally from the market you will be fine

ogiogi have you tried the time machine updata from huawei to see if you can revert back to a previous update like the UK one

edit just a little correction the UK 2.1 was built in june (had a look at fastboot) so this is a month newer so I would suspect that the only thing that has changed is the partition structure, most likely because people complained about the other 2.1 updates giving you hardly any room for data :D

ogiogi have you tried the time machine updata from huawei to see if you can revert back to a previous update like the UK one

Flashed UK update and then HU update with no issues. No need for Time Travel :D

Guest Richard_Arkless
Flashed UK update and then HU update with no issues. No need for Time Travel :D

ok thanks, did you get to take any screenshots and how vanilla is it

Guest Richard_Arkless
It's 0% vanilla and 100% Pink :D Stock T-Mo ROM like the UK update.

wow im quite surprised considering the system folder in the uk was like 100mb so they must be doing something right :P

Flashed this one over Froyo ROM.

No probs there.

Android keyboard has word correction on by default, can't change the settings, because, they aren't there.

It's got a new sms notification pop-up.

I don't notice any Mb space gain in comparison to the UK 2.1

Rooted the rom, and flashed a2sd on it. Works like a charm..ROM still speedy.

Edit: It has only a few and different ringtones than the UK ROM.

Edited by Nielzs

Rooted the rom, and flashed a2sd on it. Works like a charm..ROM still speedy.

How do you root the pulse with the new rom, i killed the pulse with old superboot files ?