StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest sukicat
The O2 update (319) always seemed to remove clockwork recovery after each reboot, have you tried flashing clockwork recovery and going straight into recovery. I.e After the recovery update type "fastboot -i 0x413c reboot" , keep both volume buttons pressed down when it reboots.

Hope this helps.

PS remove the " from the cmd line. ;-)

I expect that may have been the problem but the 319 recovery seems to be ok ..wish I had known that this morning ;)

Guest anthscorner
I expect that may have been the problem but the 319 recovery seems to be ok ..wish I had known that this morning ;)

to clean it down I did the following;

1. flashboot 318 recovery (available on this modaco forum, but if you can't find it dm me)

2. flashboot clockwork recovery

3. Factory reset

4. Update on zip from clockwork recovery (both volume keys press and select option 2 to.load clockwork)

5. Select 1.6.0 from your SD card.

6. Reboot always takes longer on the first boot.

7. If no sim is found reflash amss as.per first page.

Hope this helps B-)

I keep hoping 1.6.1 pops up when I check.....

It seems that you may find it to be 1.6.2 when you do.

Does the man ever sleep I wonder, he's a dynamo. I stand in total awe.

Guest josephfranco

great job steve! I just have a question a couple of questions.

1. im running baseband GAUSB1A130900-US, do i need to update to the baseband in the instructions? if so, can someone point me to the "how to" instructions. greatly appreciated.

2. I created the text file "install.cfg" and added the following: noffc and tabmail. I checked with fring, but still no front facing camera =/ and the tabmail. how do i check if that took?

thanks for all the great work!

Hi Guys,

I was on official 2.2 and I'm trying to upgrade to steve's 1.6.

I chose my options, created the .cfg file and flashed 1.6. Its now getting stuck on the Bios and wont get past it!

Its getting stuck on Detecting Flash Extension ... but wont go any further!

Any ideas?

Guest sukicat
Hi Guys,

I was on official 2.2 and I'm trying to upgrade to steve's 1.6.

I chose my options, created the .cfg file and flashed 1.6. Its now getting stuck on the Bios and wont get past it!

Its getting stuck on Detecting Flash Extension ... but wont go any further!

Any ideas?

Did you install a new baseband ? Amss.mbn first.

Guest K0406115

I'm having trouble installing this, I'm not n00b at this so if anyone has any suggestions make sure it's not "clear your cache..." etc as I've tried all that.

Basically, when I have an install.cfg file in SD>android>streakdroid with ANY options in it (1 option, or all available options, it doesn't matter) then the install process seems to go fine until first boot when I wait for it all to finish I just keep winding up with a loop of the start up animation with a rhythmic buzz every few seconds that lasts forever, seriously, I left it going to see if it'd finish up all night last night, 9 hours and it just keeps looping the start up animation. Without an install.cfg file on the SD card then it's basically the same thing, but instead of looping the start up animation it just dumps me at a frozen lock screen with the same buzz every few seconds and that too lasts for as long as I leave it.

I've had Streakdroid on my streak before, I used 1.4 up until 1.5, but then moved over to the stock o2 2.2 rom. I decided to come back to Streakdroid with 1.6.0, so I flashed mistadman's recovery image, the baseband from the first post and followed all the steps exactly as I should have done. But now I am stuck in an endless boot loop!

Did you install a new baseband ? Amss.mbn first.

No I didnt? Should I?

I've just flashed the 309 recovery image, done a factory reset and now its booting up fine...strange!

Guest K0406115
No I didnt? Should I?

I've just flashed the 309 recovery image, done a factory reset and now its booting up fine...strange!

Genius, I had the same problem you were having and I just tried flashing 309 and factory reset, now I'm back up and running perfectly fine.

Weird though, but I'm not complaining! The bios animation is cool, but when you're stuck on it for long enough it sorta gets a little old... ;)

Genius, I had the same problem you were having and I just tried flashing 309 and factory reset, now I'm back up and running perfectly fine.

Weird though, but I'm not complaining! The bios animation is cool, but when you're stuck on it for long enough it sorta gets a little old... ;)

Lol! I've got to give Fards props for that...anytime I run into any 'weird' issues I remember Fards telling me a while back to flash 309 recovery and its just kind of stuck with me...no idea why that fixed it though!

Guest luckyauto

hi steve

IMO , steve try to go for 2.3 or even 3.0 , is there is workable

or create some add on apps or tweak update the current 2.2

because most of current dell streak user sticked to official 2.2 or new buyer mostly getting 2.2 set

Guest Stephen Hyde

ill be going to 3.0 i dont see the point in making a 2.3 rom when 2.3 is SLOWER than 2.2 on each device ive seen it on, and would not have 3d graphics support either

Guest superutp
ill be going to 3.0 i dont see the point in making a 2.3 rom when 2.3 is SLOWER than 2.2 on each device ive seen it on, and would not have 3d graphics support either

yup totally agree....used a nexus s a few days back...didnt see the point...hopefully honeycomb proves more worthwhile..

Guest alexmoi

Tried all of Steve's version and there is one thing that keeps poping up as a problem with mine. Maybe it's just me. But when i try to use certain programs like Google earth or gvSIG the phone will freeze and reboot. In the official versions it doesn't do that so i was wondering if there was a fix or i'm the only one with this problem?

Guest luckyauto

support support and thank

Tried all of Steve's version and there is one thing that keeps poping up as a problem with mine. Maybe it's just me. But when i try to use certain programs like Google earth or gvSIG the phone will freeze and reboot. In the official versions it doesn't do that so i was wondering if there was a fix or i'm the only one with this problem?

are you over clocking?

Guest alexmoi
are you over clocking?

Nope. All i do is install steve's 1.5.3 or 1.6 from O2 2.1 and seeing as i have a rebel sim card i use a no baseband. But i use strait stock options, no overclocking or changing settings. As soon as i start it it will freeze, the lights will flash twice and the streak will reboot