StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest anthscorner
Quick question, is it possible to get rid of the transparency of the pull-down menu at the top?

Hi

It's an option for the installation. Just make sure you read the instructions first.

Thanks.

Guest foxhoundep3
Quick question, is it possible to get rid of the transparency of the pull-down menu at the top?

I say bring on the Galaxy Tab Notification Bar :lol:

NotificationBarQuickAccess01.gif

Guest alert_bri
Off topic, are they atill making an updated version of the streak 5, or are they now concentrating on the bigger tabs

Nobody knows for sure, but my money would be on a next generation 5" model. I will be buying one on first day of release.

Cheers

Brian

Guest superutp

wow...today i got woken up in the morning by the bright light of the streak stuck at the boot screen...

It had shut down n restarted again and got stuck....anyway...replacing the battery n booting sorted...

Me thinks its time for a Factory reset!!

Guest timbomfg
Hi

It's an option for the installation. Just make sure you read the instructions first.

Thanks.

Actually, i did read it, and it isn't there.

Only thing i could see remotley relating to it was:

transparent - restores the 1.5.3 transparent statusbar, which is partially disabled in 1.6.0 by default

I want the non-transparent statusbar.

And yea, the tab version would be freakin' amazing!

Edit: FAO Steve: When changing ringtones, it prompts me to use the standard picker or an HTC picker. The HTC crasher brings up a FC.

Edited by timbomfg

Guest anthscorner

transparent - restores the 1.5.3 transparent statusbar, which is partially disabled in 1.6.0 by default

Erm, The status bar is solid on mine. What version are you using?

I'm running beta and adw ex launcher.

Guest timbomfg

1.6.0 - volume hack, stageui install with LauncherEX and bios screen as only selections.

Guest stoney1973
1.6.0 - volume hack, stageui install with LauncherEX and bios screen as only selections.

Just to understand then. You read the instructions? If so, then why install the volboost hack? Because in this very thread, its been advised that you don't, because it interferes With the Smartass kernel.

Guest stoney1973

+1. Running 1.6 with solid black statusbar.

Guest timbomfg
Just to understand then. You read the instructions? If so, then why install the volboost hack? Because in this very thread, its been advised that you don't, because it interferes With the Smartass kernel.

Because the instructions mentioned no problems, and in the list of bugs there were no issues listed with the volume hack?

Guest LorD CLockaN

Edit: FAO Steve: When changing ringtones, it prompts me to use the standard picker or an HTC picker. The HTC crasher brings up a FC.

LOL, if you want non-transparent status bar, than don't use any comments in install.cfg!

I installed mine 1.6.0 without install.cfg file..

You use install.cfg only if you don't like the usual installation and want to modify it!

Guest stoney1973
Because the instructions mentioned no problems, and in the list of bugs there were no issues listed with the volume hack?

.its mentioned in the 3rd post.still the same page as the instructions.

Edited by stoney1973

Guest timbomfg
.its mentioned in the 3rd post.still the same page as the instructions.

My bad then, i'll reflash at some point. Doesn't really help with my transparency issue though.

Guest offthahorse

white streak, followed streakdroid.com's qdl tutorial (which is super easy btw). went straight to 1.6.1, installed setcpu, switched to smartass gov. ran quadrant, 1900!

Guest Ed Venture

Okay - I think there may be some confusion when people have been responding to your question, so let me ask a couple of questions to try and clarify:

(1) Are you asking to get rid of the transparent status bar (just the bar at the top)?

OR

(2) Are you asking to get rid of the transparency of the notification menu when you pull down the status bar notification shade?

If you do a default flash, the status bar should be black. However, when you pull down the menu to look at notifications / messages the background of the menu shade is transparent.

So, having said that, are you asking to get rid of the pull down menu transparency?

If so, I would like to see that as an option too. I don't know about others, but when I pull down the menu, the transparency is has color variation bars across it so it isn't truly transparent. I would rather have it solid then transparent with color variation issue. But - this would be extremely low priority and wouldn't even mention it if there didn't seem to be confusion around the question being asked.

Ed

Guest offthahorse

im hittin 2070 quadrant fresh after the upgrade. but i keep getting an error message, android.process.acore keeps force closing

also, my density settings got reset

Guest NoVaGator

going from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1

just to clarify...should the install.cfg file be placed on the root of the SD, or in the location that it was on the last version?

Guest BiboTheClown

take care to installation instruction, the install.txt file must be moved from DCIM\Android\streakdroid to DCIM (and renamed from .cfg to .txt).

Installed, rebooted, 2140 in Quadrant (with 3200 for IO part), no FC for the moment, run smooth like hell :-)

Thanks Steve !

Guest NoVaGator
take care to installation instruction, the install.txt file must be moved from DCIM\Android\streakdroid to DCIM (and renamed from .cfg to .txt).

Installed, rebooted, 2140 in Quadrant (with 3200 for IO part), no FC for the moment, run smooth like hell :-)

Thanks Steve !

learned that the hard way!

Guest mmmputch

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the new rom!

Have you checked this out? It might help with the wifi connection getting stuck at connecting or obtaining ip address. I have this problem often and have to disable and re-enable my wifi to connectto my network. Maybe you could integrate this into your next rom.

[WiFi] DHCPCD Issues and How To Avoid Them (ROM maintainers please read)

I found this on xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=907772