StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest alexmoi
just flashed to 1.6.1 last night. Very smooth and many bugs from the 1.5 fixed except for the GPS+REBOOT problem.

but thanks Steve.....can't wait for you next release

Guess im not the only one having problems when i use gps with certain apps lol

Guest itsjdmyo

i've been running 1.6.1 for a few days with no problems at all. but earlier today, my phone was just sitting on the table with the screen turned off. and so far, it has rebooted on itself about 4 times already. all within 1-2min time frame. it would boot up, then reboot again in a few mins. anyone else having this problem? i don't want to be using the phone later on and have it all of a sudden reboot itself for no reason...

EDIT: it is still rebooting by itself. its been going on for the last hour. i haven't done anything to it today. its still sitting on the table right now. it will reboot randomly, once it boots back up, it will sit for a while, then reboot again...any ideas to fix this?!

Edited by itsjdmyo

Just an update...

I downloaded the zip in this post and replaced the dchp file in /system/bin and it works great! I reconnect every time to my network without having to disable and re-enable my wifi. I think steve should incorporate this into his next build. If anyone else who has issues with wifi connecting, test this and report their results. Just be sure to either rename or back up your original file so you can revert back if you have any problems.

an update as well - been running this change since you posted. Performance has been great! Usually i'll have to toggle off/on throughout the evening and again in the morning to reconnect, but haven't once with this fix. Thanks for the great find!!

Bluetooth Voice Dial issue with 1.6.1

Steve,

Attached is the logcat file from phone at idle to pressing the bluetooth voicedial button on the headset, through the Bluetooth Voice dialer box appearing, saying starting up.... and then going no further....

The phone does prompt "Speak Now" through the headset before the bluetooth voice dialer locks up.

Hopefully this will help resolve the problem.

I'm having the same exact issue with my Jawbone ICON bluetooth headset. This really needs to get fixed for safety reasons.

Guest jackedint

bluetooth works great linked to my car

it works on

Monster Clarity HD

I streamed Pandora no problem... although it gets choppy if I do anything on the Streak... whatever... worth mentioning though

thx again DJ_Steve ... you made the Streak usable....

Guest TheSacredSoul
i've been running 1.6.1 for a few days with no problems at all. but earlier today, my phone was just sitting on the table with the screen turned off. and so far, it has rebooted on itself about 4 times already. all within 1-2min time frame. it would boot up, then reboot again in a few mins. anyone else having this problem? i don't want to be using the phone later on and have it all of a sudden reboot itself for no reason...

EDIT: it is still rebooting by itself. its been going on for the last hour. i haven't done anything to it today. its still sitting on the table right now. it will reboot randomly, once it boots back up, it will sit for a while, then reboot again...any ideas to fix this?!

Did you try to do a nandroid backup? I attempted to do that and it backed up successfully but once I booted it back up, it had the same problem as yours of rebooting every few mins. Had no choice but to go back to 1.5.1, fac reset and then back to 1.6.1.

Guest itsjdmyo
Did you try to do a nandroid backup? I attempted to do that and it backed up successfully but once I booted it back up, it had the same problem as yours of rebooting every few mins. Had no choice but to go back to 1.5.1, fac reset and then back to 1.6.1.

what's a nandroid backup? sorry, i have never heard of it. and can you please explain to me how you went back to 1.5.1, fac reset and then back to 1.6.1? this is my only phone and i need to get it fixed asap...=/

Guest cowballz
would it be ok if i just boot into recovery and re-flash 1.6.1?

Flash 1.5.1

Once.done.pull battery out

put it back together

hold vol up + vol down and power

select factory reset

once.done.boot into 1.5.1

turn off streak

now flash newest rom

you should be all set

Guest jonnybruce

Mine went crazy on me yesterday, nearly every android core app was force closing every second.

Rebooted 4 times to no avail. Had to pull the battery to stop all the popups!

Decided to reflash 1.6.1 (with no resets) and all is fine since.

I also deleted the scripts mentioned earlier in this thread as well from system/bin just to be sure that wasn't causing any probs.

Hopefully stable now :lol:

Query for DJ steve or fards.

Given this is creating a ext4 partition which is a journaled version of ext3 how is this going to affect the micro sd card.

Surely this will be writing more info to the sd card?

Will this affect how long the card will last?

:lol:

Guest baastien
ok if you're on 161 there's some scripts steve stuck in system/bin that are causing the adfree and other issues.

in adb shell (or a term or whatever)

su

cd /system/bin

rm chmod chown df mv mount umount

Or alternatively delete

chmod chown df mv mount umount

using root explorer from /system/bin/

it should work better then

Great, removing those scripts solved SU issues I had.

Thank you fards

It creates ext4/3 on your internal SD, not external

I understand it uses internal not external but ext4 still uses a journaled method so more data writes to the memory card.

Wont this increase the chance of memory card failure? :lol:

Guest PipoXtreme
Great, removing those scripts solved SU issues I had.

Thank you fards

Sorry my question ... What did you have for a problem that you have to take help with this tip ?

Guest sukicat

Thanks to Fards now have Screenshot working

This is now the best Version (1.6.1) so far and could be classed has a Final but

I don't think this will stop Steve...Thanks for all your efforts.

post-767507-1296053238_thumb.png

Guest Spike8585
ok if you're on 161 there's some scripts steve stuck in system/bin that are causing the adfree and other issues.

su

cd /system/bin

Or alternatively delete

Hey is there any way I can do this straight from my phone?

I don't want to wait to get home, to take shots of my benchmarks before I swap out my internal SD for a class 10.

thanks.

Guest LorD CLockaN

LOL

he even stated that you can do it via phone in 2 occasions!

have you even read his post??

su

cd /system/bin

Or alternatively delete

edit:

term is terminal emulator from market

root explorer is an app from market

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest Spike8585
LOL

he even stated that you can do it via phone in 2 occasions!

have you even read his post??

su

cd /system/bin

Or alternatively delete

edit:

term is terminal emulator from market

root explorer is an app from market

Ah, gotcha.

I thought that might be the case. But I wanted to be sure before I messed around in there.

Didn't get the 'term' = 'terminal'

So, is he saying that I could just navigate to /system/bin/ in root explorer and delete 'chown' and 'chmod'?

Thanks!

Edited by Spike8585

Guest itsjdmyo

so i went into terminal emulator and type in:

su

cd /system/bin

then i got an error saying it cannot "unmount", no such file found? any ideas?