StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Spike8585
so i went into terminal emulator and type in:

su

cd /system/bin

rm chmod chown df mv mount umount

then i got an error saying it cannot "unmount", no such file found? any ideas?

I just went into root explorer and navigated to /system/bin, and deleted 'chmod' and 'chown' and rebooted.

Now my screenshot works perfectly.

Guest itsjdmyo

after deleting the 2 files from /system/bin, my phone still continues to reboot every 2-3mins. it would fully boot up to homescreen, i can use it for a lil bit, then it just reboots. IF I"M CORRECT, then as of right now, i will need to:

turn phone off

boot into recovery

flash 1.5.1

take battery out/put back in

power on (hold vol up&down)

factory reset

boot up the phone ALL the way (it should boot into 1.5.1)

turn phone off

boot into recovery

flash 1.6.1

it SHOULD fix my reboot problem. correct? can anyone chime in if they think i might have missed any steps before i start??? =/

Edited by itsjdmyo

Guest LorD CLockaN

su

cd /system/bin

same here, but it works!! :lol:

edit:

BTW, Didn't we have to get some improvements by installing ginger keyb with this ROM?

I thought that the main benefit of ginger keyb is word selection and copy/paste them...

But I can't seem to use those options. Or I got something wrong, because I don't see any improvements since older Steve's ROMs like 1.5.1 ->

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest alexmoi

only one thing i noticed with the normal email is once a day i will get a couple of emails dated from a month or so ago. Usually the same on. Tried pressing read then delete then i will just try delete. But always seems to come back as a new unread email with the old date.

That besides the gps that keeps rebooting my streak when the gps and wirless location is on at the same time in certain apps. No i don't have any setcpu and my resolution is us160

Guest Ed Venture

su

cd /system/bin

You misspelled it:

It's not "unmount" its "umount"

Guest baastien

When I reboot my streak, my SwitchPro Widgets are badly displayed : there is the correct number of spaces but displayed on a black widget background without any action button. moreover it is impossible to restore widgets from SD card.

when I replace doggy displayed switchpro widgets by new one, it's quite ok except that data connection widget seems to work randomly.

Any idea ?

Hi,

I am in need of help.

I tried to update to 1.6.1 coming from 1.1.0 (going of course through the proper channels like tutorials say)

Now when I updated to 1.6.1 (and managed to) I tried to restore all my apps with Titanium Backup and some of them worked. However some (and each and every time the same apps) won't install. Now I considered it might be because of Titanium failing around. I tried to enter the market (FCed few times, I cleared it's data and cache and worked in the end) and to download it from the market. It didn't work.

Now what can I do so my update process and restore work? I want to have my phone in my previous working state and I can't really work this out.

I mention I have wiped everything you can wipe in recovery except for the SD card (and tbh I'd rather not).

Awaiting advice.

Thanks.

Guest anthscorner
Hi,

I am in need of help.

I tried to update to 1.6.1 coming from 1.1.0 (going of course through the proper channels like tutorials say)

Now when I updated to 1.6.1 (and managed to) I tried to restore all my apps with Titanium Backup and some of them worked. However some (and each and every time the same apps) won't install. Now I considered it might be because of Titanium failing around. I tried to enter the market (FCed few times, I cleared it's data and cache and worked in the end) and to download it from the market. It didn't work.

Now what can I do so my update process and restore work? I want to have my phone in my previous working state and I can't really work this out.

I mention I have wiped everything you can wipe in recovery except for the SD card (and tbh I'd rather not).

Awaiting advice.

Thanks.

Hi,

most of the advice I got about TB was to restore using the app only option but even that caused fc on with certain apps. I uninstalled the apps which were causing fcs and then re-installed using market, which gets the app back not the data. (Personally I have given up on TB and use nandroid when I have a setup I like and would revert back to during beta tests, however this does use more storage.on your sdcard)

Hope this helps.

Ta,

Anthony.

su

cd /system/bin

/me bangs head against wall

Edited by fards

why are people just removing 2 files ?

I said to remove 6 files.

rm =remove

that one line does the same as

rm chmod

rm chown

rm df

rm mv

rm mount

rm umount

they all need deleting.

Guest Spike8585
why are people just removing 2 files ?

I said to remove 6 files.

rm =remove

that one line does the same as

rm chmod

rm chown

rm df

rm mv

rm mount

rm umount

they all need deleting.

Haha,oops. I don't know the code structure yet.

If I have no problems anymore, just removing the two files, is there any reason I should remove the others?

Thanks Fards.

Please bear with us.

I think most people are on here to learn and take advantage of the vast knowledge and expertise of you guys who know what is what.

For that, thank you!

Edited by Spike8585

Guest itsjdmyo

anyone know why the quadrant advanced app isn't working? it was working fine, until i removed the files in /system/bin above, reboot and tried to run the quadrant score but its not running.

Guest Stevewt
anyone know why the quadrant advanced app isn't working? it was working fine, until i removed the files in /system/bin above, reboot and tried to run the quadrant score but its not running.

I found an earlier post where Stephen said you have to start the app in portrait mode otherwise it will crash. That worker for me.

has anyone noticed any battery performance issues ? since i upgraded 1.6.1 my battery won't last more than 5 hours. 1.6.0 was great on battery life.

you have something running in the background

battery life should be around 16-30 hours

Guest itsjdmyo

thanks stevewt, by putting it in portrait mode, it worked. and my battery is great with 1.6.1. average for my phone is around 20hrs with a lot of usage.

Guest Stevewt
thanks stevewt, by putting it in portrait mode, it worked. and my battery is great with 1.6.1. average for my phone is around 20hrs with a lot of usage.

You're welcome. Took me a while to find that post so I thought I'd save you the effort. I don't really have any specifics on battery yet as I tend to keep mine on USB charge, but my impression is that it's about the same as earlier ROMs. I haven't gotten into overclocking as some board members have. I'm coming to the Streak from WinMo with the Tilt2 so I'm still trying to learn Android!

Guest auswims

Great battery life here as well - 22+ plus hours. BT on most of the time with 2 exchange accounts loaded in tab mail. Crazzzy fast. 2100 - 2200 on Q.

As always, Thanks Steve!

dude..i was having the same exact error yesterday after I flash 1.6.1...but now, its working fine..dunno what happened..just happy that its working fine again..

ok..finally found out how to make the screenshot work on this build.On my search for an alternative for screenshot, I stumble on ShootMe app on the market.I install and try it, ShootMe works but the quality was bad. Then I tried the ScreenShot and I was surprised that it was working again. So I unistalled the ShootMe App. Thinking that I dont need it anymore. But surprise, my ScreenShot wont work.

So in conclusion, you have to have the ShootMe app running to make the ScreenShot works???? Dunno why too..beats me.. :lol:

ok..finally found out how to make the screenshot work on this build.On my search for an alternative for screenshot, I stumble on ShootMe app on the market.I install and try it, ShootMe works but the quality was bad. Then I tried the ScreenShot and I was surprised that it was working again. So I unistalled the ShootMe App. Thinking that I dont need it anymore. But surprise, my ScreenShot wont work.

So in conclusion, you have to have the ShootMe app running to make the ScreenShot works???? Dunno why too..beats me.. :lol:

delete the files I've already said to delete from /system/bin and try again

Guest zero410

Hey guys, I had a very pleasant experience upgrading to this.

Upgrade from 1.6.0. No factory reset was done.

Followed the steps as is (without factory reset as I said), flashed, and basically just waited about 10 minutes on the first boot. Saw the expected force closes but another reboot fixed it all!

Quadrant running around 1800 without setcpu or anything.