StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest popetodd

I've been getting the FC issue popping up every now and then after I pull the battery or reboot.

Rebooting doesn't always fix the broken apps.

Something seems to be wrong with the way it is handling the file system.

I've been getting the FC issue popping up every now and then after I pull the battery or reboot.

Rebooting doesn't always fix the broken apps.

Something seems to be wrong with the way it is handling the file system.

it maybe the loop isn't being cleanly dismounted

Hey guys, I had a very pleasant experience upgrading to this.

Upgrade from 1.6.0. No factory reset was done.

Followed the steps as is (without factory reset as I said), flashed, and basically just waited about 10 minutes on the first boot. Saw the expected force closes but another reboot fixed it all!

Quadrant running around 1800 without setcpu or anything.

I am happy to reflect your pleasant experience too. Exactly as you but with quadant at 2072 out of the box. Second Run, it improves after the first.

There are so many posters here with issues (not being bothered to read accurately being the biggest) that good news deserves to be confirmed otherwise a casual visitor might assume that the ROM has problems.

Guest zero410
I am happy to reflect your pleasant experience too. Exactly as you but with quadant at 2072 out of the box. Second Run, it improves after the first.

There are so many posters here with issues (not being bothered to read accurately being the biggest) that good news deserves to be confirmed otherwise a casual visitor might assume that the ROM has problems.

I completely agree.

I'd also like to provide known upgrade paths to other users to know that its possible to just go straight from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1, though its probably assumed to work, i just wanted clearly pointed it out.

Guest tjagolf33

Everything's super so far! Getting 2300 score on Quadrant w/o overclocking :lol:. Anyways, the sole issue i've encountered is, for whatever reason, both Miren and the mobile Browser randomly close (assuming FC but there's no pop-up message) only when surfing Wikipedia. Tried clearing cache, etc. to no avail. My favorite build by far, though. Keep up the great work!

LOL

Was that a snarky gymnastics pun?

LOL no,

It was supposed to be technical, but thinking about it, it's unlikely to cause the issue unless the fc only appear on reboot.

Popetodd, I may be misunderstanding your post, do you only mean on reboot or battery pull?

Potentially there are issues with doing a batt pull with the perfmod as the loop file system isn't synched t hen, but I tried it several times during testing and didn't have issues

Edited by fards

Guest MrTheKLine

Hey i got my streak only a while ago, it is my first smartphone/tablet.

I love the hardware hate the software so i have tryed getting the streakdroid 1.6.1 on it, due to being a complete noob at this stuff i failed... hard.

I have my streak rooted on 2.2 unlocked.

I have the zip file in the root of the sd card.

I used clockwork to try boot into recovery on the os.

I restart the streak holding both volume bottons and power.

I picked "Software upgrade via update.pkg on sd card"

I get android system recovery utility and can't do a thing.

I ... need help :lol:

I'll give as mutch info as i can to make it as painless as possable for anyone willing to help

Model Number - Dell Streak

Android Version - 2.2

Baseband - GAUSB1A131800-EU

Kernel Version - 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM Version - GAUSB1A131800

Build number - 12821

Thanks if you even just took the time to read this.

Guest digthemlows

Ok, my first problems since the beginning.............I flashed 1.6.1 straight from 1.6.0 and had the phone running fine for 4 hours.......then I started getting FC's all over the place so I decided to go back to 1.5.1 so I could do a factory reset..............that stalled at the dell logo 2 times, so I figured I'd flash back to 1.6.0 ............ now it stalled during the "streakdroid by djsteve" animation..........it's stalled with "by djsteve" in between animation (it's fuzzy).......... What do I do?

Guest digthemlows
Ok, my first problems since the beginning.............I flashed 1.6.1 straight from 1.6.0 and had the phone running fine for 4 hours.......then I started getting FC's all over the place so I decided to go back to 1.5.1 so I could do a factory reset..............that stalled at the dell logo 2 times, so I figured I'd flash back to 1.6.0 ............ now it stalled during the "streakdroid by djsteve" animation..........it's stalled with "by djsteve" in between animation (it's fuzzy).......... What do I do?

Hmmm, factory reset worked in 1.6.0 for me.............just hope that mybackup pro has all my apps backed up right............ughhh

Guest anthscorner
Hey i got my streak only a while ago, it is my first smartphone/tablet.

I love the hardware hate the software so i have tryed getting the streakdroid 1.6.1 on it, due to being a complete noob at this stuff i failed... hard.

I have my streak rooted on 2.2 unlocked.

I have the zip file in the root of the sd card.

I used clockwork to try boot into recovery on the os.

I restart the streak holding both volume bottons and power.

I picked "Software upgrade via update.pkg on sd card"

I get android system recovery utility and can't do a thing.

I ... need help :lol:

I'll give as mutch info as i can to make it as painless as possable for anyone willing to help

Model Number - Dell Streak

Android Version - 2.2

Baseband - GAUSB1A131800-EU

Kernel Version - 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM Version - GAUSB1A131800

Build number - 12821

Thanks if you even just took the time to read this.

Hi,

From memory on clockwork you need to use the option the "select zip from SD card" and then scroll to the 1.6.1.zip

After it's complete press the back key and reboot.

If your sim isn't recognised you'll need to flash the amss.mbn instructions on page 1.

Hope this helps.

Anthony

Guest Truenash

Had a monster of a day.

Did the whole process on an as-of-yet stock Dell Streak, o2 2.2. This morning, flashed streak mod, then new baseband, then 1.5 for factory reset. Then flashed 1.6.1. All was fine, all great. Turned it off for an exam I had, came out of that, phone wouldn't come out of airplane mode. Couldn't get it work after a couple of restarts, so I factory restored. No luck. I was on way to London, so obviously I needed a phone! Tried flashing 1.61 again a few times, as it was still on the memory card, each time it just got stuck on the streakdroid load screen, with DJ steve no longer phasing in a out.

Had to buy a £13 samsung to do the day!

Attempting reflash of everything now, wish me luck.

Guest Stevewt
Had a monster of a day.

Did the whole process on an as-of-yet stock Dell Streak, o2 2.2. This morning, flashed streak mod, then new baseband, then 1.5 for factory reset. Then flashed 1.6.1. All was fine, all great. Turned it off for an exam I had, came out of that, phone wouldn't come out of airplane mode. Couldn't get it work after a couple of restarts, so I factory restored. No luck. I was on way to London, so obviously I needed a phone! Tried flashing 1.61 again a few times, as it was still on the memory card, each time it just got stuck on the streakdroid load screen, with DJ steve no longer phasing in a out.

Had to buy a £13 samsung to do the day!

Attempting reflash of everything now, wish me luck.

The first reboot after flashing can take as much as 15-20 minutes. I thought I had the same problem but found I didn't wait long enough.

Guest digthemlows
Hmmm, factory reset worked in 1.6.0 for me.............just hope that mybackup pro has all my apps backed up right............ughhh

lots of fc's .......... how do you clear dalvik cache again?? can't remember and search isn't helping

Guest MrTheKLine
Hi,

From memory on clockwork you need to use the option the "select zip from SD card" and then scroll to the 1.6.1.zip

After it's complete press the back key and reboot.

If your sim isn't recognised you'll need to flash the amss.mbn instructions on page 1.

Hope this helps.

Anthony

Just doing it step by step so i know what i messed up,

(Flash ClockworkMod Recovery Current Recovery: ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1)

I open the rom manager,

I pick install rom from sd card

I pick "Update-1.6.1.zip"

I dont pick backup or the wipe

Then i press ok to reboot and install

Superuser comes up with it has permissions to do that then the whole phone reboots,

I hold the 2 volume buttons and same problem again.

Guest Truenash
The first reboot after flashing can take as much as 15-20 minutes. I thought I had the same problem but found I didn't wait long enough.

Yeah I waited longer than that, quite a few times. I know how long it took because it was successful the first time.

delete the files I've already said to delete from /system/bin and try again

hi fards, I did do that yesterday a couple of times.All of the six files you mentioned by root explorer. But it did'nt make the screenshot work by itself again or the adfree.

Plus there was a problem that I encountered when I deleted those files. The sound for my music started to come out on the earphone, not on the back speaker (saw some post before with that same kind of problem) so the volume was very low..even if I turn it max , well because it wasn't coming out of the speaker.

So i ended up reflashing 1.6.1, and everythings workin out fine again. :lol:

Guest mdmglobal
hi fards, I did do that yesterday a couple of times.All of the six files you mentioned by root explorer. But it did'nt make the screenshot work by itself again or the adfree.

Plus there was a problem that I encountered when I deleted those files. The sound for my music started to come out on the earphone, not on the back speaker (saw some post before with that same kind of problem) so the volume was very low..even if I turn it max , well because it wasn't coming out of the speaker.

The audio can be related to soundhound if you have it installed.

The audio can be related to soundhound if you have it installed.

I dont have soundhound or any new music app installed. The only thing I did was deleted those six files.

Guest alert_bri

Strange one here... Navigator can't seem to get a lock on GPS. I have data on, wireless and all the location settings enabled in System location but no Joy.

Maps is able to detect location fine - it's just Navigator. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Brian

Guest anthscorner
Just doing it step by step so i know what i messed up,

(Flash ClockworkMod Recovery Current Recovery: ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1)

I open the rom manager,

I pick install rom from sd card

I pick "Update-1.6.1.zip"

I dont pick backup or the wipe

Then i press ok to reboot and install

Superuser comes up with it has permissions to do that then the whole phone reboots,

I hold the 2 volume buttons and same problem again.

Hi,

I take it you mean install and then reboot.

Try updating to 1.5.1 first and then 1.6.1, if you read a lot of the threads the reboot can take a while (so please be patient)

Ta,

Anthony

Guest MrTheKLine
Hi,

I take it you mean install and then reboot.

Try updating to 1.5.1 first and then 1.6.1, if you read a lot of the threads the reboot can take a while (so please be patient)

Ta,

Anthony

Ok i will try this after i get back from school don't want to lose my source of music on a friday

Deleting Those 6 files can't cause the speaker issue you describe, unless you've got some software installed that e wasn't working before as it was trying to access those files, but couldn't as they were bad, then suddenly could access them and made the changes..

By deleting them the system uses working versions including in busybox. Those files don't effect sound at all.

Ok i will try this after i get back from school don't want to lose my source of music on a friday

Are you trying to use rom manager to do this? Sounds like it, use streak mod (on xda) or clockwork mod as described on in the first post.

If your on stock 2.2 you can flash straight to 161

Guest MrTheKLine
Are you trying to use rom manager to do this? Sounds like it, use streak mod (on xda) or clockwork mod as described on in the first post.

If your on stock 2.2 you can flash straight to 161

Yeah its the clockwork rom manager on rooted stock 2.2 but it wont flash it just tells me to go download a replacemnet update from support.dell.com