StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest superutp
Maybe perfmod is making playing games slow! Have you tried flashing with perfmod disabled in 1nstall script and than try??

hmmmm...gonna try doing that n report back...

Guest Wee Thomas
does anyone have any way of fixing the stupid bootloop, i tryed reflashing 1.6.1 again and it keeps bootlooping. I tryed puting freash files on it in case they where damaged.

I do on occasion see a quick flash of the first lock screen where you slide to unlock but then it goes back into the boot loop. This is getting very annoying trying to fix it my self so thanks for helping

EDIT: After an hour of leaveing it there in the bootloop i got something

http://img145.imageshack.us/i/1002850.jpg/

But that was frosen and i coudent do a thing poped out battry tryed restarting bootloop again

cerealbox.jpg

I bootlooped a lot last night when I updated my streak. My solution was to use the wipe data in clockwork mod, flash 1.5.1, then after it boots, flash 1.6.1. Worked each and every time (One of my install.txt options was introducing a black transparent settings bar that was annoying - I wanted to figure which while keeping the rest of my options).

Guest AndroidClone
I bootlooped a lot last night when I updated my streak. My solution was to use the wipe data in clockwork mod, flash 1.5.1, then after it boots, flash 1.6.1. Worked each and every time (One of my install.txt options was introducing a black transparent settings bar that was annoying - I wanted to figure which while keeping the rest of my options).

everyone using the clockworkmod I highly suggest using the streakdroid recovery instead, even the touch buttons on the side work for it. On another note, I am getting random reboots now ever since I upgraded to 1.6.1, 1.60 worked fine without any issues but this new build is causing wonky behavior. I have a lot of forced closed programs that refuse to boot unless i reinstall the program, I've tried wiping the system twice but still no luck on getting this one stable enough.

Guest Brandon3003
Anyone else getting Application update failures?

If I try to update any of the apps I have they will download ok from the Market but fail on install with a message of invalid package file.

So far it has happened to Facebook, Google Voice and TV Favs.

I was getting them before and reinstalled 1.6.1.. and now i'm getting them again. Going back to 1.6.0. No idea what's causing it but it's irritating to say the least.

Guest cowballz
I was getting them before and reinstalled 1.6.1.. and now i'm getting them again. Going back to 1.6.0. No idea what's causing it but it's irritating to say the least.

try to unmount sd card then try to install again

Guest Brandon3003
try to unmount sd card then try to install again

Unfortunately I just reinstalled 1.5.1 in preparation to put 1.6.0 back on but I appreciate your suggestion. What good would unmounting the SD card do though? I know the user data is stored on the sd card, but the application is installed within the internal memory. I'm an expert unix administrator, however I'm very new to Android's inner workings so I could be missing something ;)

Edit: didn't work

Edited by Brandon3003

Guest Spike8585

Is anyone running Radiant HD? When I try to install it, I reboot to the boot animation.

any ideas?

I hadnt tried it on a previous build.

Edited by Spike8585

Guest lammock

has anyone notice the camera on this build sucks. i remember the framerate of the video was so much better on stock 1.6. can someone tell me whats wrong? im on 1.6.1 with the 720p fix. my video are so choppy on 720p

Guest cowballz
has anyone notice the camera on this build sucks. i remember the framerate of the video was so much better on stock 1.6. can someone tell me whats wrong? im on 1.6.1 with the 720p fix. my video are so choppy on 720p

it doesnt work well in the dark, make sure its in a well lit area,

Guest rockymtnbri
1.7 is up folks

Two things:

PLEASE start a new thread for 1.7.0 - we're at 55 pages already and we need to make sure noobies don't get lost in the weeds.

Can I upgrade CLEANLY from a working 1.6.0 to 1.7.0?

Guest Stephen Hyde
Two things:

PLEASE start a new thread for 1.7.0 - we're at 55 pages already and we need to make sure noobies don't get lost in the weeds.

Can I upgrade CLEANLY from a working 1.6.0 to 1.7.0?

yea ill put up new post in sec,

and yes ya can

what a nice surprise :P

shall we have gameloft games work now ?

that'd be great !

Try it and see, still having issues with some can't fix gamelofts stuff...

But ones like real football 11 work now

Guest Wee Thomas
everyone using the clockworkmod I highly suggest using the streakdroid recovery instead, even the touch buttons on the side work for it. On another note, I am getting random reboots now ever since I upgraded to 1.6.1, 1.60 worked fine without any issues but this new build is causing wonky behavior. I have a lot of forced closed programs that refuse to boot unless i reinstall the program, I've tried wiping the system twice but still no luck on getting this one stable enough.

Any other reasons why we should use streakmod recovery? I can't say I've had issues with clockworkmod.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm having the same exact issue with my Jawbone ICON bluetooth headset. This really needs to get fixed for safety reasons.

I am facing similar issues on 1.7.0 with my Jawbone ICON bluetooth headset. There are two issues:

1) Bluetooth headset pairs properly, I'm able to redial using headset. Unfortunately there is no sound coming.

2) Dell streak reboots sometimes when I try to redial from bluetooth headset.

I'm also facing problem where phone and dialer applications stop responding. Nothing happens even when I try to Force Close. Reboot is the only option. This problem is also faced in version 1.6.0 as well.

I have tried installing 1.7.0 multiple times using combination of various installation options, clearing dalvik cache, factory reset etc. The problem persists.

Due to these problems I had to revert back to 1.5.3. The version 1.5.3 has been very stable and I have never faced any issues.

Any idea/solution to the above problems using version 1.7.0?