StreakDroid Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Adilson
I've been reading: "Teach Yourself Java in 21 days" and "Teach Yourself Java in 24h 5th edition" for tha last half a week so I see everything in classes and methods :P

If I do that, I will go blind :D

Anyways, I'll try 1.6 later.

Guest popetodd
I have been experiencing problems with setcpu on each build since 1.5.2 (including 1.6).....after 5 mins or so of it getting installed the UI starts reacting slowly....freezing for a sec and then normally working...and then freezing again...the effect is more noticeable on games for example fruit ninja where it results in a lag for a sec every 10 secs or so...

everything works fine once I uninstall setcpu

would anyone happen to know why this happens for me??

I have tried almost all versions of (2.10, 2.04, 2.02)and all of them the same problem..

Try running your max clock a little slower, what I do is set it to max and performance then go to the information page and run the native bench. I then do the same at each lower setting until it starts to slow down again.

Run a couple or three benches to get an average before moving to the lower setting to test.

What I found for mine is that the CPU is speed bound and starts to show processing errors that slow it down over 1190.

When I had it set higher I had the same symptoms you are describing.

You will need to test it yourself as every CPU has it's own overclocking limitations, for example my wife's CPU locks at anything over stock.

Edited by popetodd

Guest thee-interloper

Another nice release from Steve :D , only problem is the tabmail FCs when it tries to check for email, not a big issue as there's plenty of other mail clients about - MailDroid working fine.

Has anyone else tried tabmail?

Was originally using 160 screen density but should be able to live with 180, the burning question here is while there are a lot of folk reflashing has anyone tried manually editing their screen density?

Config:

adwlauncher

density180

tabmail

bios

Another nice release from Steve :D , only problem is the tabmail FCs when it tries to check for email, not a big issue as there's plenty of other mail clients about - MailDroid working fine.

Has anyone else tried tabmail?

Was originally using 160 screen density but should be able to live with 180, the burning question here is while there are a lot of folk reflashing has anyone tried manually editing their screen density?

Config:

adwlauncher

density180

tabmail

bios

Clear the data in applications /manage apps and retry, then you're ok.

Try running your max clock a little slower, what I do is set it to max and performance then go to the information page and run the native bench. I then do the same at each lower setting until it starts to slow down again.

Run a couple or three benches to get an average before moving to the lower setting to test.

What I found for mine is that the CPU is speed bound and starts to show processing errors that slow it down over 1190.

When I had it set higher I had the same symptoms you are describing.

You will need to test it yourself as every CPU has it's own overclocking limitations, for example my wife's CPU locks at anything over stock.

easy way is to use setcpu.txt and stick it in sdcard, then select custom clock speeds in setcpu

this one has all the frequencies upto 1194 in there, as I also have issues past that clkrate

setcpu.txt

Guest superutp
easy way is to use setcpu.txt and stick it in sdcard, then select custom clock speeds in setcpu

this one has all the frequencies upto 1194 in there, as I also have issues past that clkrate

did exactly this and also used the method popetodd mentioned...

I still have problems with setcpu in all frequences from 998 to 1194....

unless anyone has any other suggestion, I guess Ill have to keep it uninstalled...

Guest PipoXtreme

guys when I start setcpu new there on the choice - screen - when I take the third button to choose specific phone type - there isn`t Streak .. which one we have to take ?

Or is it like this that we have to check the automatic settings which will be read with the first button ?

Guest popetodd
guys when I start setcpu new there on the choice - screen - when I take the third button to choose specific phone type - there isn`t Streak .. which one we have to take ?

Or is it like this that we have to check the automatic settings which will be read with the first button ?

Autodetect.

Guest aLpHa K7
I'll try and see if a re-install sorts things out

EDIT: GPS works now, I forgot to clear the Dalvik cache, but I don't think that was to blame

Any way to increase the 720p record time from 30 seconds??

Anyone know how to increase the recording time for 720p recording?

Guest 35354464

just updated. Thanks all who participate :P

Quadrant: 1302 at first run, 1576 at second run (really impressed :D )

EDIT: after looking replies, volboost should not be added.

i delete it in the install.cfg, and do the update again and i got the 2d twesks finally

Quadrant: 1489 at first run, 1763 at second run

Edited by 35354464

Guest Roperband

The app drawer animation seems to lag every now and then. Otherwise all is well (except for those green icons :D ).

I actually find the entire rom slower than 1.5.3.

Edited by Roperband

Guest TheOriginalGiga

I'd like to say that I absolutely love this build, it's super responsive and it seems from my perspective that battery life is better. Steve you are a God among men, if it wasn't for you, I think I may have gone back to my G1 as silly as that sounds. Anyway I have a couple questions and I'm sure someone will point and laugh, but that's what learning is all about right?

1) I used the tag us160 to set the build.prop for US info, though when I look at the phone it still has the UK language pack as well as still says H for my data transfer, not a huge deal, but I wanted to see what I was doing wrong.

2) I used the tabmail tag and after the install, my gmail still looks the same, am I missing something?

My standard install is to clear the cache, do a factory reset and then install the firmware, things just tend to work better for me.

Thanks

Anyone know how to increase the recording time for 720p recording?

I think it has been mention before, all you just need to do is reset to defaults then the 30s limit will be gone

Guest Spike8585

Hello, I have not been on here in quite some time, as I am using a RebelSim.

I am currently running Steves 1.1.1, with baseband GAUSB1A120321-US.

Can I update to this ROM, or do I need to fastboot flash to 2.1 8105 baseband?

Or am I already running the 2.1?

Please note that Rebel SIM users are still required to manually Fastboot flash the 2.1 8105 Baseband for compatibility
Edited by Spike8585

I'd like to say that I absolutely love this build, it's super responsive and it seems from my perspective that battery life is better. Steve you are a God among men, if it wasn't for you, I think I may have gone back to my G1 as silly as that sounds. Anyway I have a couple questions and I'm sure someone will point and laugh, but that's what learning is all about right?

1) I used the tag us160 to set the build.prop for US info, though when I look at the phone it still has the UK language pack as well as still says H for my data transfer, not a huge deal, but I wanted to see what I was doing wrong.

2) I used the tabmail tag and after the install, my gmail still looks the same, am I missing something?

My standard install is to clear the cache, do a factory reset and then install the firmware, things just tend to work better for me.

Thanks

Tabmail replaces email app, not gmail

The app drawer animation seems to lag every now and then. Otherwise all is well (except for those green icons :D ).

I actually find the entire rom slower than 1.5.3.

You've done something wrong then

Guest offthahorse
just updated. Thanks all who participate :P

Quadrant: 1302 at first run, 1576 at second run (really impressed :D )

EDIT: after looking replies, volboost should not be added.

i delete it in the install.cfg, and do the update again and i got the 2d twesks finally

Quadrant: 1489 at first run, 1763 at second run

Im on 1.5.3 and i just got 1613 in quadrant (1593 second run)

is the difference between a 1763 and a 1613 really that big?

i dont really see any other compelling reason to switch. i mean the installer is cool but ive already got mine installed just the way i like.

Guest andreas_c4

How can I fix the sound problem without installing another rom?

I had 2.2 318 not modified and updated 1.6. After the update all sounds are coming out of the in call speaker! What can I do?

PS. I didn't put the volboost!

:D

Fixed

Just uninstall soundhound and restart!

Edited by andreas_c4

Guest aLpHa K7
Wipe your Dalvik-cache through Terminal then reboot

I'm receiving the error "cd: can't cd to /system/sd/dalvik-cache"

I think it has been mention before, all you just need to do is reset to defaults then the 30s limit will be gone

This worked - cheers!

Edited by aLpHa K7

Guest daltron2000

I can't create a "android" directory as one already exists. It seems like it's just temporary files for some apps but every time I try to delete it is immediately recreated. This is preventing me from creating the "android" directory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest chrisrotolo
I can't create a "android" directory as one already exists. It seems like it's just temporary files for some apps but every time I try to delete it is immediately recreated. This is preventing me from creating the "android" directory.

rename your old one, it is probably called " Android" with a capital A.

I renamed mine to Androiddata

just remember to change back after install.

Guest anthscorner

You add streakdroid into that android folder. If the android is upper case i.e Android, you can change via USB on your PC as per my post on the first page. :D