Help! Trying to update my GT540

Guest cj1967

After hours of frustration I finally got my phone connected to my laptop with help from this site, and started the update process from Android 1.6 to 2.1. It keeps stopping at 4% saying it has lost connection to the phone. It then says to disconnect remove battery reconnect holding down volume key and then reinserting battery when download mode appears, did all this but phone just restarts and then says it cant connect and so on and on.

Came out of it in end, phone still working and on 1.6.

Any clues how to resolve this please?

Guest mistermentality
After hours of frustration I finally got my phone connected to my laptop with help from this site, and started the update process from Android 1.6 to 2.1. It keeps stopping at 4% saying it has lost connection to the phone. It then says to disconnect remove battery reconnect holding down volume key and then reinserting battery when download mode appears, did all this but phone just restarts and then says it cant connect and so on and on.

I'm guessing you have tried the obvious but in case you haven't check that you haven't got the USB MASS STORAGE MODE incorrectly set in your phones settings and also try using your usb cable in a different usb port on your computer as, weird as it may sound, sometimes a faulty usb socket can cause problems. I have a laptop where one socket will appear to work but not charge a phone connected to it, for example.

Dave

Guest Corrupt Systems
I'm guessing you have tried the obvious but in case you haven't check that you haven't got the USB MASS STORAGE MODE incorrectly set in your phones settings and also try using your usb cable in a different usb port on your computer as, weird as it may sound, sometimes a faulty usb socket can cause problems. I have a laptop where one socket will appear to work but not charge a phone connected to it, for example.

Dave

Agreed! If you are using your PC to install the ROM make sure that you use a USB Port at the rear of your computer. Some people have mentioned that Front USB Ports have issues and sometimes cause the install to freeze.

Agreed! If you are using your PC to install the ROM make sure that you use a USB Port at the rear of your computer. Some people have mentioned that Front USB Ports have issues and sometimes cause the install to freeze.

Thanks, its a brand new laptop though and only has two USB ports on left hand side

Dave

Do you know what the settings should be?

Guest mistermentality
Do you know what the settings should be?

I know I had problems with my LG rom update via usb until I realised you have to change the setting in the settings menu so that USB MASS STORAGE MODE is un ticked. Also it is possible that another setting in one of the setting screens menu choices, that reads USB DEBUGGING MODE may be switched to on and may need to be switched off though I've read so many posts about different things you can do with phones here I cannot recall off the top of my head whether it is supposed to be on or off for an update. I think it is supposed to be off.

And, before I forget, you should have a fairly well charged battery when you upgrade. I know that the phone does charge up when connected by usb but apparently you do need to charge your battery up before you update.

Dave

Guest Underdog2k9
I know I had problems with my LG rom update via usb until I realised you have to change the setting in the settings menu so that USB MASS STORAGE MODE is un ticked. Also it is possible that another setting in one of the setting screens menu choices, that reads USB DEBUGGING MODE may be switched to on and may need to be switched off though I've read so many posts about different things you can do with phones here I cannot recall off the top of my head whether it is supposed to be on or off for an update. I think it is supposed to be off.

And, before I forget, you should have a fairly well charged battery when you upgrade. I know that the phone does charge up when connected by usb but apparently you do need to charge your battery up before you update.

Dave

Mass Storage OFF.

USB Debugging ON!

Guest Underdog2k9
Where in the setting is USB Debugging, can't find it ?

@ Settigns / Applications, development.

I hope this is right, and i translatet it right ;)

Guest despotovski01

Are you trying to update your phone with LG mobile update tool?

If yes, forget about it-follow this tutorial and you are good to go. Tutorial: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...ference-thread/

If no, go to LG service they will update your phone.