FLB-Froyo ROM R6 - SOLUTIONS Centre

Guest pellonet

Guest pellonet

OK folks, with flibblesan's superb build of this ROM, the original topic has been swamped with questions, demands & many thanks for this valuable & FREE resource. Currently running with nearly 2000 posts, it has become very difficult for users to find the solution to the relatively few issues there are with this version of the Froyo ROM.

I would like to help & with the agreement of interested parties & participation of those looking for answers to their burning questions & no time to trawl through the rising number of posts in the original topic I offer an alternative source of help.

If the original contributors of the files & explanations would like to repost their contributions, I will paste them into this first post so that the important information will always be available at the top of the topic. If there is no interest then this topic will die naturally & you can all go back to the chore of trying to find what you are looking for in the original topic.

WiFi Fix

Contributed by 'jonuwz'

Fix for Wifi not re-connecting after sleep

Flash in recovery.

wpa_supplicant is the daemon that deals with wireless handshakes (amongst other things)

The handshake was failing. This is wpa_supplicant from another rom that works.

Download Wifi Fix

Contacts not being shown on incoming Calls

Contributed by 'jonuwz'

The number is displayed because Phone queries the contacts provider with incompatible sql and bombs out.

its a very minor incompatibility. (famous last words)

logcat shows the sql blowing up on 'ORDER BY raw_contacts.mode_id'

raw_contacts.mode_id doesn't exist, and is only used in the ORDER BY

If you download sqlite3 and do this :

adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db .

sqlite3 contacts2.db

alter table raw_contacts add column mode_id INTEGER;

.exit

adb push contacts2.db /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases

make sure the owner of the file is correct , chmod 660, then reboot

Then CallerID works.

ContactsProvider.apk

Here is a fixed version that creates the DB with the extra column.

If Fibblesan incorporates it into the rom and specifies a wipe is required then thats as easy as its going to get.

(i just did this and it works fine)

The sql used by getCallerInfo is buried somewhere deep that i can't decompile, and don't have the source for. So this is the best fix i can offer.

The file attached is not a flashable zip, it just contains the fixed apk. You do need to wipe userdata for this to work as the DB is built only once onCreate

Download Contacts.apk

Call Log app Missing

Download & install this app to get a third party app which works perfectly (also available from the Market)

Download Call Log app

Poor Battery Life

Improved by battery recalibration

Summary by 'andyhibberd' from an original article at: Battery Recalibration Article

1.Connect the phone to the charger with the phone powered on, and allow the phone to charge until the notification LED is green, indicating the device is fully charged.

2.Disconnect the phone from the charger, and power it off.

3.Reconnect the phone to the charger with the phone powered off, and allow the phone to charge until the notification LED is green.

4.Disconnect the phone from the charger and power it on.

5.Once the phone is powered completely on, power it off again and reconnect it to the charger until the notification LED is green.

6. Disconnect the phone, power it on holding the volume key button down to boot into Clockwork Recovery.

7. Now the phone has being fully charged, use Clockwork to wipe the battery stats. Then reboot for the final time.

8. Process complete

Because we are using the Blade ignore the "green LED" because Blade goes green at 90%. Just charge it for a while, max it out each time

A fixed version of the ROM from 'danz0l'

QUOTE(flibblesan @ Jan 17 2011, 01:02)

I'm working on an updated rom that will include the fixes. But if somebody else made an update that adds the fixes I wouldn't have minded if it makes things quicker.

I've uploaded my R6 ROM with all known fixes and can report i don't have any issues, on two phones, with contact names not showing on incoming calls, with wifi sleeping, with changing the alarm, etc. In Fact i don't have a single issue with either phone, facebook sync works, i can change the ringtones, a2SD, everything. Bare in mind though i'm on original UK phones.

I've uploaded it here for anyone who wants to try it until a new rom is available.

Make sure you nandroid first, then factory reset, wipe cache partition AND dalvik cache before installing.

I dont restore from titanium so not sure if this is a root of some peoples problems.

Anyway just to help out , here it is

The R6 with fixes i uploaded had crc errors. Reuploaded version (and checked) here

Fixes Added: wpa_supplicant, missing call log, contacts app fix for numbers shown instead of contact names

http://www.multiupload.com/7NVY2W2XTB

Md5: 7c297afe1c999454103a4eb67798972c

Or Here:

FLB-Froyo-R6 (With Fixes)

Md5: 7c297afe1c999454103a4eb67798972c

:D

Edited by pellonet

Guest MrMorpheus

I also got 2 points, don't know if these had been already mentioned:

- crashing keyboard if dictionary is enabled (german language is set up)

- voice calls with skype or Tango only work with load speaker

Other things i'm not sure, if these are Blade specific or FLB-ROM specific:

- phone seems to sleep very deep, so no messages from (still online) messengers or messaging services (whatsapp or pingchat) are incoming

- wake up on sleep (screen dark) only works with power button - other buttons (home, back, menu) only work from time to time to wake up phone?

Guest triobot

I also got 2 points, don't know if these had been already mentioned:

1 crashing keyboard if dictionary is enabled (german language is set up)

2 voice calls with skype or Tango only work with load speaker

Other things i'm not sure, if these are Blade specific or FLB-ROM specific:

3 phone seems to sleep very deep, so no messages from (still online) messengers or messaging services (whatsapp or pingchat) are incoming

4 wake up on sleep (screen dark) only works with power button - other buttons (home, back, menu) only work from time to time to wake up phone?

1) Crashing keyboard: change keyboard tbh

2) dno about skype

3) I think its a battery saving thing? not complete sure

4) Think this is Blade specific but i think there are threads about this and using a different key to unlock/wake the phone.

Guest pellonet
pellonet:

The jonuwiz commands have a typo. Check my post a few pots bellow his

Sorry I can't find your post below the one i copied from, can you repeat the correction here & I will adjust the list as appropriate.

Thanks

[EDIT] OK found the entry you made (about 10 pages later) & corrected the commands.

Thanks again

Edited by pellonet

Guest NickNuke33

Hey,

So does anyone know why there are weird names in the ringtones list such as F1_MissedCall, F1_New_MMS, F1_New_SMS?

And there seems to be either underscores _ or no spaces between two or more words in ringtone names.

Thanks, Nick.

Guest Stevvie
Contributed by 'jonuwz'

The number is displayed because Phone queries the contacts provider with incompatible sql and bombs out.

its a very minor incompatibility. (famous last words)

logcat shows the sql blowing up on 'ORDER BY raw_contacts.mode_id'

raw_contacts.mode_id doesn't exist, and is only used in the ORDER BY

If you download sqlite3 and do this :

adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db .

sqlite3 contacts2.db

alter table raw_contacts add column mode_id INTEGER;

.exit

adb push contacts2.db /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases

make sure the owner of the file is correct , chmod 660, then reboot

Then CallerID works.

ContactsProvider.apk

Here is a fixed version that creates the DB with the extra column.

If Fibblesan incorporates it into the rom and specifies a wipe is required then thats as easy as its going to get.

(i just did this and it works fine)

After doing this and rebooting I am now shown an error of 'the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.' EVERY time somebody calls.

Any help on this ?

I also tried the ContactsProvider.apk but that didn't fix the error or show the name of whos calling.

thanks

Edited by Stevvie

Guest pellonet
After doing this and rebooting I am now shown an error of 'the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.' EVERY time somebody calls.

Any help on this ?

I also tried the ContactsProvider.apk but that didn't fix the error or show the name of whos calling.

thanks

AFAIK if you re flashed using the ROM with the contacts.apk replaced with the one above then did you also wipe the user data as well because the database has to rebuild itself when first initialising the new ROM (someone please advise if I have got this wrong)

Guest Stevvie
AFAIK if you re flashed using the ROM with the contacts.apk replaced with the one above then did you also wipe the user data as well because the database has to rebuild itself when first initialising the new ROM (someone please advise if I have got this wrong)

Yeah did both , clear cache and reset to factory. after replacing ContactsProvider.apk inside the flb-froyo-blade-r6.zip file

Edited by Stevvie

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Yeah did both , clear cache and reset to factory. after replacing ContactsProvider.apk inside the flb-froyo-blade-r6.zip file

If you go into settings -> manage applications -> all -> Contacts storage

Clear data in there then re-sync

That should help also ;)

I'm unable to access the engineering mode / menu (would like to test / calibrate proximity sensor).

I mean dialling *ZTE*OPENEM# and then the further access codes.

Is there a solution for this?

Guest Stevvie
If you go into settings -> manage applications -> all -> Contacts storage

Clear data in there then re-sync

That should help also ;)

But I did a wipe cache and reset to factory and then reinstall of rom (with replaced ContactsProvider.apk) so there was NO contact info to wipe, I then did a sync and still get only a number showing. Other than that this is the best rom out there. I can't wait for a new revision that fixes this as at the moment I'm using Jelly R7 and it's not as smooth and nice to use as this rom.

Guest Arr Too
I mean dialling *ZTE*OPENEM# and then the further access codes.

ROM doesn't include the ZTE dialler so you don't have access to the codes (and *ZTE*OPENEM# only applies to the ROMs using the Japanese dialler, not all Froyo ROMs).

Guest Carlos Abel Chavez Slim
Click Here Hopefully that is what you are looking for ;)

Thanks, someone should really be able to fix up the operator names such that it can be used in all the new roms.

A Quick what may seem a "stupid" question

But why not just provide and update to the rom with all the fixes in it?

Wouldn't that be the simplest thing to do?

Or am I missing something? Possible as I gave up trying to read the original thread it had too many posts to keep up

It's a nice rom I did try it myself but something just wasn't right for me so went back to the Mocado one.

It would be interesting to try it once it incorporates all the "fixes"

A Quick what may seem a "stupid" question

But why not just provide and update to the rom with all the fixes in it?

Wouldn't that be the simplest thing to do?

Or am I missing something? Possible as I gave up trying to read the original thread it had too many posts to keep up

just what i was thinking, if the roms that messed up why is it still for download ?