FLB-Froyo ROM R6 - SOLUTIONS Centre

Guest pellonet

Guest pellonet
A Quick what may seem a "stupid" question

But why not just provide and update to the rom with all the fixes in it?

Wouldn't that be the simplest thing to do?

Or am I missing something? Possible as I gave up trying to read the original thread it had too many posts to keep up

It's a nice rom I did try it myself but something just wasn't right for me so went back to the Mocado one.

It would be interesting to try it once it incorporates all the "fixes"

Not a stupid question but not thought through ;)

I'm sure what you suggested is being considered by 'flibblesan' the original author & when it is ready it will be contributed for us to enjoy under the title of R7.

The R6 download had relatively few serious problems & the very long thread that it spawned was due to repetition of requests for answers to the same relatively few serious problems, either that or inexperienced members not being successful in resolving them with the follow-up resources.

I installed this version on the day it was released & have only experienced 2 issues, both of which have been resolved quickly with the downloads listed above, I have tried a number of the other ROMs & this one has been the most stable & fastest one for my needs so far.

I am happy to stay with this one as it is good & if the next revision makes it better well..................

Guest Simon O
A Quick what may seem a "stupid" question

But why not just provide and update to the rom with all the fixes in it?

Wouldn't that be the simplest thing to do?

Or am I missing something? Possible as I gave up trying to read the original thread it had too many posts to keep up

It's a nice rom I did try it myself but something just wasn't right for me so went back to the Mocado one.

It would be interesting to try it once it incorporates all the "fixes"

I'm working on an updated rom that will include the fixes. But if somebody else made an update that adds the fixes I wouldn't have minded if it makes things quicker.

Guest Simon O

Uploading r7 now. It implements the wpa_supplicant fix, contacts/dialer fix. Kernel updated to provide support for TUN, CIFS and EXT4. There isn't any easy way for me to provide a update between r6 and r7 due to the contacts fix. Unless you are comfortable following the instructions on the first page then you'll need to wipe before installing the rom.

Guest Steveharr
Uploading r7 now. It implements the wpa_supplicant fix, contacts/dialer fix. Kernel updated to provide support for TUN, CIFS and EXT4. There isn't any easy way for me to provide a update between r6 and r7 due to the contacts fix. Unless you are comfortable following the instructions on the first page then you'll need to wipe before installing the rom.

Please keep up the good work, I know alot of people are awaiting this R7 and I for one really do appreciate all your work and I'm sure there are many others that do also. Lots of demands on you, so I thought I'd just say "Thank You".

Guest Qwertzycoatl

Just wondering if the contacts issue was region specific?

I'm in the UK and didn't have the contacts issue at all ;)

Others have experienced it (not sure where they are though).

I was forced to reflash the rom (R6) from a clean wipe yesterday (I played too much with frameworks and it boot looped on me :)

Clean install with full wipe yada yada yada and I am back up and running.

As a random question though.....if I don't have issues with the contacts, do I need to wipe before upgrading or would just applying fixes myself (for anything that needs doing) get me to the same point as R7?

Could you release the Kernel update as a separate DL? :D

Thanks for all of your work on this awesome ROM ;)

Guest NickNuke33

Can't wait for the update to be uploaded :D

My wifi works fine after the fix, and I don't seem to have any contact issues, but I will still update as it can only get better. :)

Thankyou for your hard work, it is greatly appreciated. And I for one, certainly don't take your work for granted. ;)

Edited by NickNuke33

I'm working on an updated rom that will include the fixes. But if somebody else made an update that adds the fixes I wouldn't have minded if it makes things quicker.

I've uploaded my R6 ROM with all known fixes and can report i don't have any issues, on two phones, with contact names not showing on incoming calls, with wifi sleeping, with changing the alarm, etc. In Fact i don't have a single issue with either phone, facebook sync works, i can change the ringtones, a2SD, everything. Bare in mind though i'm on original UK phones.

I've uploaded it here for anyone who wants to try it until a new rom is available.

Make sure you nandroid first, then factory reset, wipe cache partition AND dalvik cache before installing.

I dont restore from titanium so not sure if this is a root of some peoples problems.

Anyway just to help out , here it is

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YK3X2QFW

Guest pellonet
I've uploaded my R6 ROM with all known fixes and can report i don't have any issues, on two phones, with contact names not showing on incoming calls, with wifi sleeping, with changing the alarm, etc. In Fact i don't have a single issue with either phone, facebook sync works, i can change the ringtones, a2SD, everything. Bare in mind though i'm on original UK phones.

I've uploaded it here for anyone who wants to try it until a new rom is available.

Make sure you nandroid first, then factory reset, wipe cache partition AND dalvik cache before installing.

I dont restore from titanium so not sure if this is a root of some peoples problems.

Anyway just to help out , here it is

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YK3X2QFW

Also added to the first post in this thread

Guest punkmilitia

GJ. However this makes it much harder for me now. I'm on JJ,but with these fixes your doing it's making it hard to choose wether to stay on JJ or jump onto FLB...

Guest Simon O

r7 uploaded. It contains the fixes from this thread along with a custom kernel. If you have made the changes already then you won't need to update to r7. I'll upload an update that only adds the new kernel later.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
r7 uploaded. It contains the fixes from this thread along with a custom kernel. If you have made the changes already then you won't need to update to r7. I'll upload an update that only adds the new kernel later.

Awesome stuff, thanks Flib ;)

Guest fventura
The R6 with fixes i uploaded had crc errors. Reuploaded version (and checked) here

http://www.multiupload.com/7NVY2W2XTB

Great Work guys!!

I've flashed this ROM as soon as i saw it.

Yes, I had same problems than others (for me, the major one, is the contacts issue). But it seems that there is the solution ;)

I'm a newbie on this so, I ask you a tip: may I flash the installed ROM with this one fixed, as an update.zip? If not, there is any chance to create a update.zip to this issues (I can live with the first r6 a few days more :))? I spended hours playing with this ROM and now my ZTE is (almost) like I want it!!! Don't want configuring it any more (for now :D).

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance and, once more, GREAT job you (fibblesan first, danz0l and all the others) have done!!!

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Great Work guys!!

I've flashed this ROM as soon as i saw it.

Yes, I had same problems than others (for me, the major one, is the contacts issue). But it seems that there is the solution ;)

I'm a newbie on this so, I ask you a tip: may I flash the installed ROM with this one fixed, as an update.zip? If not, there is any chance to create a update.zip to this issues (I can live with the first r6 a few days more :))? I spended hours playing with this ROM and now my ZTE is (almost) like I want it!!! Don't want configuring it any more (for now :D).

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance and, once more, GREAT job you (fibblesan first, danz0l and all the others) have done!!!

All of the fixes are present in the 1st post for the rom ;)

You can copy the contacts.apk over and clear the data for contacts storage then resync with google and it "should" fix your contacts issues without any need to wipe ;)

Guest fventura
All of the fixes are present in the 1st post for the rom ;)

You can copy the contacts.apk over and clear the data for contacts storage then resync with google and it "should" fix your contacts issues without any need to wipe :)

Hi

Thanks the really rapid answer!

I fixed de wifi issue. Seems to be good :D

The contacts issue is not ;)

First i tried to copy to /system/app folder but the system don't let me (my device is rooted). Then i made a install over the old one contacts.apk. after that, i cleaned the data of the data storage (sync disabled first). Re-sync and... the same as before ;). Made all again, tried to add a contact (manual) and... the contact did not added!!?? Re-sync and the problem continues...

(Note: i had installed the Call Log.apk too).

Where seems to be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Hi

Thanks the really rapid answer!

I fixed de wifi issue. Seems to be good ;)

The contacts issue is not ;)

First i tried to copy to /system/app folder but the system don't let me (my device is rooted). Then i made a install over the old one contacts.apk. after that, i cleaned the data of the data storage (sync disabled first). Re-sync and... the same as before ;). Made all again, tried to add a contact (manual) and... the contact did not added!!?? Re-sync and the problem continues...

(Note: i had installed the Call Log.apk too).

Where seems to be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Ok if you have adb installed then you can

If you have adb installed then you could try connecting to your phone like that and issuing the commands

adb shell

su

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblk3 /system

cp /sdcard/ContactsProvider.apk /system/app

reboot

If not then you can run the commands from Terminal itself

su

reboot

Then clear all of your contact caches:

Settings-> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All ->

Choose:

Contacts - > Clear Data

Contacts Storage -> Clear Data

Re-sync

This should work fine for you once the system has re-synced fully with google :)

Certainly did for me :D

Edited by Qwertzycoatl

Guest fventura
Ok if you have adb installed then you can

If you have adb installed then you could try connecting to your phone like that and issuing the commands

adb shell

su

reboot

If not then you can run the commands from Terminal itself

su

reboot

Then clear all of your contact caches:

Settings-> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All ->

Choose:

Contacts - > Clear Data

Contacts Storage -> Clear Data

Re-sync

This should work fine for you once the system has re-synced fully with google ;)

Certainly did for me :D

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Thank you so much!

I saw in your code that you copy ContactProvider.apk. So, I tried to install this app... Made everything (clean data, etc...) and... solved!