FLB-Froyo ROM R6 - SOLUTIONS Centre

Guest pellonet

I am getting a problem with video saying "sorry, this video cannot be played". this is on m.catchup.tv and also m.youtube.com both of these worked well in 2.1 any ideas?

+1 here for tvcatchup issue.

I've had this problem with nearly every 'other' rom release in Eclair & Froyo. Works in some releases but not others. With FLB it was working in r5 but not now r6. Switched to JJ r8 and I get exactly the same problem, though I had exactly the same problem with French Fries r(?).

I would love to know what is changing between each release that is stopping tvcatchup from working.

Factory reset and wipe with every new rom upgrade makes no difference...

Edited by joefez

Guest atillaahun
I have the same problem with the WiFi it is give me an error.

I have installed the fixed version.

Any solution because it is make this rom un-usable......

+1

Same problem here. Any (working) fix on the horizon for this?

Guest mantokoski

In r6, when display is off and you turn it on, the app that was displayed before, flickers quickly before you can see the lock clockscreen. Is there a fix for this largely cosmetic problem? I haven't installed the fixed version of r6 yet.

when my phone is turned off and i receive a sms, the timestamp is not the sent time, but when i receive the sms (so when i turn on the phone).

is any way to fix this? is an android bug or is this rom or is just me?

Guest m_w_clarke
when my phone is turned off and i receive a sms, the timestamp is not the sent time, but when i receive the sms (so when i turn on the phone).

is any way to fix this? is an android bug or is this rom or is just me?

This is a known android bug. There are requests on the google code pages to have this fixed.

There is a tool on the Market called SMS time stamper that apparently fixes the issue. This did fix the issue for me with android 2.1 but doesn't seem to with 2.2. Maybe it's just me.

Until google fix it I don't think there's anything more that can be done.

Guest Simon O

Hm. http://m.tvcatchup.com certainly works fine here with both HQ and LQ streams. http://m.youtube.com fails though and right now I can't see anything in the logs to tell me exactly why it fails.

With TVCatchup make sure you have entered the address without www before the m.tvcatchup.com or it'll try to play incompatible video.

SMS app issues I'm working on. I've replaced the app with a version that contains the latest fixes from Google for various SMS bugs. I'll test to see if it fixes the timestamp issue.

Guest Jai Cee

I'm not sure if this is a bug of an intentional tweak but the vibrate function doesn't work the same way as in the stock rom of JJ roms. If in the sound properties you set vibrate to "only when not in silent" it works but on other roms if you turn the ringer volume down then one notch before complete silent is vibrate only.

Also in the power off menu there is no option to put the phone into vibrate only mode. Its not a big problem as I've used tasker to make a menu shortcut to change the mode but it would be nice to not have to use this.

Hm. http://m.tvcatchup.com certainly works fine here with both HQ and LQ streams. http://m.youtube.com fails though and right now I can't see anything in the logs to tell me exactly why it fails.

even i receive the error when i try to load a video on http://m.youtube.com , but with the youtube app (which i think it was pre-installed on the rom - i don't remember downloading it) i can see youtube video perfectly.

SMS app issues I'm working on. I've replaced the app with a version that contains the latest fixes from Google for various SMS bugs. I'll test to see if it fixes the timestamp issue.

thanks a lot.

Guest m_w_clarke
I'm not sure if this is a bug of an intentional tweak but the vibrate function doesn't work the same way as in the stock rom of JJ roms. If in the sound properties you set vibrate to "only when not in silent" it works but on other roms if you turn the ringer volume down then one notch before complete silent is vibrate only.

Also in the power off menu there is no option to put the phone into vibrate only mode. Its not a big problem as I've used tasker to make a menu shortcut to change the mode but it would be nice to not have to use this.

Yup. Its a stock android 2.2 thong. Search in google nd you will find a few upset HTC desire owners who upgraded and lost this feature.

Naughty Google.

Hi,

Since yesterday afternoon my zte shows a '?' in the battery icon on the notification bar. While on the lockscreen it continuous to show a message to plug the charger even if the charger is plugged in.

If i use an app to check the battery % it always shows 40%. When i unplug the charger it drops to 18%.

Does anyone have a clue? Or a solution? I have been using FLB R6 for a while without any problems.

Thanks!

//edit

I've unpluged it and the battery dropped to 18% and then it went to 23%. Also, it shows a battery temperature of almost 3000ºC. Is my battery dead? ;)

//edit 2

Googled a bit more and found some cases with the same symptoms. Solution: Remove the battery, clean the battery contacts. Plug it back in. All is fine now ;)

Edited by japc

Guest Marble0815

Could you make it possible to see, add and change SIM contacts in r7 like Sebastian404's newest ROM (de-crossed r0.2)? I really need this feature ...

BIG THANKS and keep up that good work!!

Guest Simon O
Sometimes the task manager is showing a system busy message and just closes. Any ideas of the cause?

TaskManager was incorrectly signed so it often crashes. Will be fixed in r7.

I installed OS Monitor last night and noticed a lot of errors in the log of Android system, is this anything to worry about?

The phone logs everything by default so you'll see all messages in the log. Nothing to worry about as logs are normal but I'm trying to reduce this a bit so it's less daunting.

Could you make it possible to see, add and change SIM contacts in r7 like Sebastian404's newest ROM (de-crossed r0.2)? I really need this feature ...

BIG THANKS and keep up that good work!!

It's not a standard Android 2.2 feature so any support would have to be added to the phone apps. This is pretty difficult to do so a third party application would probably help.

Edit: Contact2SIM pro can do this. Probably more tools too.

Edited by flibblesan

I said above...

I'm working with the first flibblesan's R6 plus the fixes on the fist post here.

Made the flash of the R6 with this instructions (manually, ClockworkMod 2.5.x): here

Downloaded the fix version of R6 (danz0l): http://www.multiupload.com/7NVY2W2XTB

Extracted from there the contacts.apk and contactprovider.apk;

Installed both from sd-card with AndroZIP;

Installed also de Call Log app from 1st post;

Made the update with ClockworkMod of the Wifi Fix from 1st post (downloaded, changed name to update.zip and ClockworkMod on it);

And it's seems working well:

Call with names and pictures, wifi always turn on with screen ON (even if I change wifi place). GPS ok, Bluetooth too, apps install/moved perfectely on sd-card,...

Quadrant benchmark: 425

One thing: I don't know if my device as a TFT or a AMOLED screen. How to know it (without the ZTE stock dialer)?

Thanks.

Caller ID still does not work. Do we need to move contacts from SIM to Phone.

Guest Simon O
Caller ID still does not work. Do we need to move contacts from SIM to Phone.

No. Caller ID bug was caused by a missing string in the contact database. There is a patch that may help but the best thing is to wipe and re-install the rom.

Try this patch first though: Contactsfix.zip

BTW I can confirm it's fixed in r7

Edited by flibblesan

Hi,

How can i change the lockscreen wallpaper in this ROM? I've switched to the default launcher but i can't find the option to change the lockscreen wallpaper.

Can anyone help?

• 1 month later...
Guest Kingbhoy
No. Caller ID bug was caused by a missing string in the contact database. There is a patch that may help but the best thing is to wipe and re-install the rom.

Try this patch first though: Contactsfix.zip

BTW I can confirm it's fixed in r7

This does the job perfectly (on R10b)