Sorry I bought a zte blade

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless

The whole of today I had been having this battle with myself, go with a dual core phone and end up spend a good £500 to go with pay as you go or sim free, keep using my pulse as my main phone and wait till next christmas for the next best thing or get the zte blade now and get the dual core phone for next years christmas so I decided to go with the zte blade, my 2 sisters and my aunt also got the same phone and for its price its an amazing phone, even though it is really a side step instead of a true upgrade

As for the pulse, I will be keeping it and will be continuing rom support for it so I will be around but probably not as much as I am now

Pictures to come

Guest SpankyHam

Can't blame you, I was thinking about the same thing. My pulse is only a toy to keep me entertained on the train to work, and I use a blackberry as my normal day to day phone, but I decided to wait for a dual-core phone. As soon as the Moto Atrix comes out, I will get it on contract from Orange.

Shame you leaving though mate.. You and Tom G made the pulse manageable again.

Guest Richard_Arkless

just an update, I came home with the phone plugged it in and was about to plug it into the pc to start installing a custom recovery and rom when it says the sd card was removed unexpectedly, I thought ok greatno problem its just a simple problem with the sd card, ill put in the one from the pulse, same problem ive tried wiping and god knows what, ive even flashed a different system.img just to be sure and same problem so ill have to take it back tomorrow

Guest JimJam707
just an update, I came home with the phone plugged it in and was about to plug it into the pc to start installing a custom recovery and rom when it says the sd card was removed unexpectedly, I thought ok greatno problem its just a simple problem with the sd card, ill put in the one from the pulse, same problem ive tried wiping and god knows what, ive even flashed a different system.img just to be sure and same problem so ill have to take it back tomorrow

You'll have to stick with the pulse for a day longer :D

Guest Richard_Arkless

Well all I can say is if I have another hardware problem with it then im getting a refund, this was strictly an impulse buy where I ignored any logic to stay away from it like the fact that the build quality on it is terrible

Dont get me wrong the performance on it is amazing, much faster than the pulse but if I had to choose a slow phone that has a good build quality and has lasted me for over a year or a phone that is fast but has the build quality like some person made it with their eyes closed then I will of course choose the pulse

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Well all I can say is if I have another hardware problem with it then im getting a refund, this was strictly an impulse buy where I ignored any logic to stay away from it like the fact that the build quality on it is terrible

Dont get me wrong the performance on it is amazing, much faster than the pulse but if I had to choose a slow phone that has a good build quality and has lasted me for over a year or a phone that is fast but has the build quality like some person made it with their eyes closed then I will of course choose the pulse

Faced with the same decision I almost pulled the trigger on buying the Blade but thanks to all the amazing work done on this forum I kept my money in my pocket and held on to the Pulse. It does everything I need at the moment and your CM6 based ROMs are cool and if the community (i.e. TomG) can get 2.3 running anywhere near as good that should add another few months to it for me too.

No doubt about it; you are being punished. ;) :)

Seriously, I don't blame anyone for wanting to upgrade to a new phone. But, I'm cheap, so I'll be waiting for my contract to expire. (It's not a PAYG phone here.)

Fortunately, with a stable Froyo OS on it, it is reasonable to keep it for another year. At least with this phone, I know what I've got, the good and the bad.

But when I do pull the trigger, it'll be to an HTC for sure.

Guest Richard_Arkless
For now ;)

DONT JINX IT :)

btw they didnt have the black one in stock so had to have the white one

Just playing a bit of angrybirds, so far no problems with lags :D

lol jk I still love my pulse

The Blade has been a common upgrade path for Pulse users. I think my next phone will be something dual-core. I'm a bit tired of the X10, if I could make some progress with the Blade I would switch to using the Blade daily and start playing with the X10, but as you will see the Blade has some challenges to rom development (which probably aren't actually hard to fix, it just needs someone with enough time looking at it).

I've ordered another Android device. I'm getting something a bit bigger this time.

Guest philbean

so is the camera quality on the Blade much better than the Pulse? Cos thats the one thing that constantly annoys me about the pulse. The camera is useless.

Guest Richard_Arkless
so is the camera quality on the Blade much better than the Pulse? Cos thats the one thing that constantly annoys me about the pulse. The camera is useless.

I have been taking photos and I have to say it is a lot better, one thing I have noticed as well is if I take a picture and I am moving it doesnt get as blurry as it does on the pulse but still blurry none the less

edit ill upload a photo comparison now while in a dark room, left is blade and the right is the pulse. I had to shoot at an angle for both phones to see around the same thing so it may be blurry at some bits

post-613162-1295106927_thumb.jpg

post-613162-1295106940_thumb.jpg

Guest spanner44

I am probably going to get a blade for my daughter as this seems the best entry model android device at the moment, but have also been thinking about one myself, as a temporary stop gap. How does it compare on a daily basis to the pulse, and which Rom have you put on it or have you kept with the standard Rom ?

Guest Richard_Arkless
I am probably going to get a blade for my daughter as this seems the best entry model android device at the moment, but have also been thinking about one myself, as a temporary stop gap. How does it compare on a daily basis to the pulse, and which Rom have you put on it or have you kept with the standard Rom ?

it is better at certain things, performance is great however things like sound volume and battery life is lower than with the pulse

The rom I use is flb 2.2 (r5)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sebastian404

Im quite lucky in that day-job mostly gives me free devices to play with, but it was not until the ZTE Blade that I actually bothered getting into the whole rom-development thing from the 'other side' of the fence.

Partly it was being trapped in England away from my usual distractions that did it, but It is also a lot of fun, I've learnt a lot and entertained myself a lot.. so I dont regret buying one....

Would I use it as a main phone... well probably not - I'm too much of an apple fan girl with more money than sense (and a hefty discount off all Apple products) to do that.