how do I overclock???

Guest soulclaimed

Guest soulclaimed

I have rooted with z4root didnt need to connect to pc all done by the .apk so now i can use setcpu etc and set as a wifi hot spot but when trying to overclock it auto detects 600mhz as my max i read mention of changing the kernel but i am a noob and have no idea how or where to do this please could someone help I want to get as much out of this phone as possible...

p.s is there a simple and safe way of installing apps2sd now that I have rooted??

Guest despotovski01
I have rooted with z4root didnt need to connect to pc all done by the .apk so now i can use setcpu etc and set as a wifi hot spot but when trying to overclock it auto detects 600mhz as my max i read mention of changing the kernel but i am a noob and have no idea how or where to do this please could someone help I want to get as much out of this phone as possible...

p.s is there a simple and safe way of installing apps2sd now that I have rooted??

You must upgrade your kernel in order to overclock your phone.

Guest soulclaimed
You must upgrade your kernel in order to overclock your phone.

yes as in my previous post i am somewhat aware of this, the problem is i dont know how

Guest despotovski01
yes as in my previous post i am somewhat aware of this, the problem is i dont know how

You have to install custom ROM.

Overclockable 2.1 ROM: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...kernel-v-0-2-2/

Overclockable 2.2 ROM(still missing some features, like FM Radio and Bluetooth audio): http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...ing-flowlessly/

With the 2.1 overclockable ROM you can overclock your phone to 825Mhz stable.

With the 2.2 overclockable ROM you can overclock your phone to 900Mhz stable.