Need help with rooting - im a complete newb and im confused

Guest Ollie1132

Guest Ollie1132

Right, basically ive been reading up on rooting my htc desire hd. Now ive read the steps but this is where im stuck before i even begin the process i prefer to research as much as i can.

I semi understand what an RUU is but i dont understand where to get THE right one for my droid. Also i dont fully understand how to use it to recover if a ROM goes wrong.

Next is wether my droid is or isnt branded, how do i tell? :/

Then theres the actual rooting process using Visionary + for a perm root.

Also i need to know how to downgrade my droid frok 1.72 please. ;)

Any help appreciated.

Edited by Ollie1132

Guest needynewbie
Right, basically ive been reading up on rooting my htc desire hd. Now ive read the steps but this is where im stuck before i even begin the process i prefer to research as much as i can.

I semi understand what an RUU is but i dont understand where to get THE right one for my droid. Also i dont fully understand how to use it to recover if a ROM goes wrong.

Next is wether my droid is or isnt branded, how do i tell? :/

Then theres the actual rooting process using Visionary + for a perm root.

Also i need to know how to downgrade my droid frok 1.72 please. ;)

Any help appreciated.

Hi Peeps,

Complete beginner with an HTC Wildfire and I have the same problems. Would SOOOOOOOO appreciate any help in rooting the beast.

PLEASE!!!!!

Guest suepabs
Hi Peeps,

Complete beginner with an HTC Wildfire and I have the same problems. Would SOOOOOOOO appreciate any help in rooting the beast.

PLEASE!!!!!

Now I really AM a complete beginner. The initial poster even lost me with the jargon in the question :-/

I've a San Fran which I want to de-brand. I know what this means but that's as far as it goes and know nowt else so can't even find the topic I need as most of the time I don't understand what the topic subject means !! I'm not daft and can follow instructions if they're translated into nursery tech speak. I've tried researching but kept coming back to the same old jargon problem. Please give us absolute beginners a step by step guide.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sexysam
Now I really AM a complete beginner. The initial poster even lost me with the jargon in the question :-/

I've a San Fran which I want to de-brand. I know what this means but that's as far as it goes and know nowt else so can't even find the topic I need as most of the time I don't understand what the topic subject means !! I'm not daft and can follow instructions if they're translated into nursery tech speak. I've tried researching but kept coming back to the same old jargon problem. Please give us absolute beginners a step by step guide.

I did it first time following these easy instruction. Everthing was done on phone using my owm wifi

http://www.orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/

Pm if you have any difficulty. took me an hour in total from start to end.