Which class of Micro SD for WinMo 6.5

Guest Dark Horse

Guest Dark Horse

Looking to get a new micro SD for a Samsung B7350 Omnia Pro 6.5.3 WinMo handset and just wanted to know if there's any benefit in getting a card that is class 4 or 6 if you have a lot of apps and media on the card?

I know the SDHC micro standard corresponds to the minimum write speed which is useful if you do frequent copying from a PC via a card reader but is there any benefit in the actual handset itself? Anyone know what speed does WinMo 6.5 read/write to the micro SD in the handset?

Seems no point getting a class 4 or class 6 if the read and write is the same ;)

Guest awarner

I generally go for the fastest card I can afford you never know if you may need it on another device in the future plus a lot of the time the cost difference is not that great.

Guest Dark Horse
I generally go for the fastest card I can afford you never know if you may need it on another device in the future plus a lot of the time the cost difference is not that great.

Agreed! I went for a Samsung class 6 in the end as it was only a few quid more, will post back here how quick it is once it arrives.

The Kingston 2GB MicroSD in my i600 is not SDHC but is very slow, it even makes Win 5 sluggish as it pauses to read the card when starting apps or even jumping between folders.

• 6 months later...