Samsung tels me that there is a update to 6.5.5

Guest AndreStarTrek

Guest AndreStarTrek

Can someone confirm this. I been on the phone today with Samsung, about a problem I am having. One was that my digitizer is broken, the second thing was that my phone has the habit to put the ring sound to mute and I can’t get it on again. Only one thing will help and that is a hard reset or download a new OS on it. I have this problem with the original 6.5 rom by the way. Then the lady on the phone says if you send it to us we can fix the digitizer and update the phone to 6.5.5 rom. At that moment I was stunt and asked why did I not know about that and why can’t I update to that. And she answered that Microsoft did not want that Samsung give the users the possibility to upgrade to this version at home.

My question is, did someone here know about this or had this done?

I am from holland

Guest amdzero
I haven't heard anything about the upgrade but if you send it for repair maybe you can dump the rom and upload it for the rest of us.

I would also be interested in a samsung 6.5.5 rom dump.

I hope youve sent the the phon e already... :)

Seriously now, if you dont mind, sending the phone could be the only way for us 7610 users to get a hold of 6.5.5, i mean official rom

On the other hand project android for the OmniaII is supposed to be almost done... ;)

Edited by Athlos

Guest AndreStarTrek

I will send/bring my phone for repair the coming week, so if I have news I will post it.

And I been willing to dump the rom when I have it back.

Athlos: what is almost done, a week, a month? And where can I follow this project?

I love the idea of android on this phone. I am a bit done with windows on phone, I had a big love for windows but with windows phone 7 I lost it completely.

Edited by AndreStarTrek

I will send/bring my phone for repair the coming week, so if I have news I will post it.

And I been willing to dump the rom when I have it back.

Athlos: what is almost done, a week, a month? And where can I follow this project?

I love the idea of android on this phone. I am a bit done with windows on phone, I had a big love for windows but with windows phone 7 I lost it completely.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...e-for-the-beta/

From my understanding, the I8000 version will suit the B7610 as well. Fingers crossed since i really like the B7610 as a device, its just the OS holding it back me thinks ;)

Cheers mate :)

• 1 month later...
Guest AndreStarTrek

My phone is at the repair center but when I have it back I like to dump the phone a fast as possible, so that I can use it again. How do I dump the rom wen I have my phone back?

Guest Ruben1987

Hi guys saw this topic and thought id leave reply cause ive alrdy had my B7610 phone sent for repairs (i live in the Netherlands) and got it back 2 weeks ago. They did a software update there that fixed my probs (battery draining and not charging) BUT it is still version CE OS 5.2.21889 (Build 21889.5.0.87) WM 6.5. but that doesnt mean that Andre is wtong! I rlly hope he got the right info ! would love to see 6.5.5 ROM

Guest AndreStarTrek

It looks like they are done with the repair, now I have to wait that they mail me that I can get my phone from the shop. Let's cross our fingers for 6.5.5 :huh:

Edited by AndreStarTrek

It looks like they are done with the repair, now I have to wait that they mail me that I can get my phone from the shop. Let's cross our fingers for 6.5.5 :huh:

may be its a just small time to get our most capable wm for our device officially,

Guest AndreStarTrek

I am afraid I have bad news, I got my phone back without wm6.5.5. When I got home I called Samsung, and as you could expect there is no update to 6.5.5 GRRRR :huh:

I will try to mail Samsung to clear up the confusion and let you all know what happened.

I am afraid I have bad news, I got my phone back without wm6.5.5. When I got home I called Samsung, and as you could expect there is no update to 6.5.5 GRRRR :huh:

I will try to mail Samsung to clear up the confusion and let you all know what happened.

Too bad. Worth trying though :)