Internet Sharing..

Guest new123

Is there a way of being able to use the GT540 as a MODEM to allow you to access the internet on PC via the phones 3G/GPRS connection.

Im not looking for a root method (Eg barnacle etc..) and im using an officla LG 2.1 ROM.

I know only android 2.2 seens to support usb/wifi tethering, but is there any other method on 2.1 without having to root.

Does the LG PC Suite allow a feature such as this?

I know when you install the drivers to allow flashing of KDZ files etc. one of the drivers it installs is the LG Modem driver (The one you have to disable for flashing in download mode)

SO does this mean that somehow there is a way to use the phones internet connection to browse on a PC/Laptop with either the pc cuite or another method?

Guest fdespotovski
Is there a way of being able to use the GT540 as a MODEM to allow you to access the internet on PC via the phones 3G/GPRS connection.

Im not looking for a root method (Eg barnacle etc..) and im using an officla LG 2.1 ROM.

I know only android 2.2 seens to support usb/wifi tethering, but is there any other method on 2.1 without having to root.

Does the LG PC Suite allow a feature such as this?

I know when you install the drivers to allow flashing of KDZ files etc. one of the drivers it installs is the LG Modem driver (The one you have to disable for flashing in download mode)

SO does this mean that somehow there is a way to use the phones internet connection to browse on a PC/Laptop with either the pc cuite or another method?

There's a feature in the LG PC Suite IV.

Here's a picture of it.

post-785112-1295080613_thumb.png

Edited by fdespotovski