Updating to 2.2 error, advice needed please

Guest mistermentality

Guest mistermentality

Before attempting to update my phone using the guide linked to and quoted from below my phone had a stock UK LG 2.1 ROM on it but was rooted of course.

I found a very easy guide to update my GT540 to 2.2 at http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-gt540/...here-gt540.html

I followed it, did all the following correctly having to use the european open rom it mentioned as the uk one kept giving me an error when the update program started working with the kdz file:

4. Next, open KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
(i) Change 'Type' to '3GQCT' *THIS IS A MUST, THE UPDATE WILL NOT WORK OTHERWISE AND YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE*
(ii) Make sure 'PhoneMode' is set to 'DIAG'
(iii) Browse for the 'V20B_00+Fastboot.kdz' file.

5. Prepare the phone by enabling USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development>Enable USB Debugging and connect the phone to the computer via USB cable and wait for the drivers to install for the phone.

6. Click 'Launch software update' and do not use your computer until the update is complete. The update will take roughly 10-20 mins to complete.
[/codebox]

When my phone reboots everything looks exactly as it did before right down to the custom wallpaper etc, but I get constant errors about process android.com closing and so cannot even open the settings menu to change anything

The next stage in the guide is to start up in fastboot mode but again I cannot do that as it does start in what seems fastboot mode (LG logo then black screen) but when I try the following from the guide:

[codebox]Now you want to download this file: Flashing CyanogenMod.zip and extract it to a folder called 'Android' (without the quotes '') on the C: drive (you'll probably need to make this folder yourself.

1. Now open CMD with administrator privileges (Search for CMD in the start menu and right click on 'cmd' and click 'Run as Administrator' )

2. Connect the phone to your computer via USB cable and wait for the necessary drivers to install.

3. Then go back to the cmd window and type:
Code:
cd C:\Android
(i) Then type:
Code:
fastboot.exe -w

It just says "waiting for device" although the drivers are installed. So I currently can boot up phone but do nothing with it, I hope someone can help me correct this problem somehow and so any help is very appreciated.

Dave