How to get O2 uk working properly with OpenSwift/CyanogenMod 2.2.1

Guest mistermentality

Guest mistermentality

Despite some problems I have succesfully installed the new rom I wanted, the cyanogen 2.2.1 rom (mod version OpenSwift/CyanogenMod-6.1.1) on my UK GT540. I can dial out and receive calls but cannot use the data bolt on for my postpay account with o2 to do anything such as send messages or access the internet or market.

I noted there was no apn so I got the settings from the o2 website but it still says when I try the market I have no network connection. I tried getting them to send me the settings three seperate times but all I got from them was the confirmation message saying my phone should now be set up but not the installation files that should come before that message is received.

Can anyone help me figure out what I need to edit to make this work please?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can.

Dave

Guest fishears
Despite some problems I have succesfully installed the new rom I wanted, the cyanogen 2.2.1 rom (mod version OpenSwift/CyanogenMod-6.1.1) on my UK GT540. I can dial out and receive calls but cannot use the data bolt on for my postpay account with o2 to do anything such as send messages or access the internet or market.

I noted there was no apn so I got the settings from the o2 website but it still says when I try the market I have no network connection. I tried getting them to send me the settings three seperate times but all I got from them was the confirmation message saying my phone should now be set up but not the installation files that should come before that message is received.

Can anyone help me figure out what I need to edit to make this work please?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can.

Dave

I had to add the apn manually. I followed the insttructions on the O2 website and it worked first time.

http://mobilereviews.o2.co.uk/devices/devi...d=663&tab=8