Anonymous surfing on the Pulse

Guest iKrautDroid

Guest iKrautDroid

I believe that surfing anonymously is very important and would like to surf anonymously on my Pulse.

What options do I have?

I have tried orobot, a tor client for android. It connects, but when I check if I'm using tor I'm told I'm not using tor.

Is there an alternative?

Or could somebody help me set up orobot?

Thanx in advance, iKrautDroid

Here is a free vpn for android:

http://www.bestfreevpn.com/android-free-vpn/

Edit 2: Ultra slow and unuasble!

Edited by iKrautDroid

Guest JimJam707
I believe that surfing anonymously is very important and would like to surf anonymously on my Pulse.

What options do I have?

I have tried orobot, a tor client for android. It connects, but when I check if I'm using tor I'm told I'm not using tor.

Is there an alternative?

Or could somebody help me set up orobot?

Thanx in advance, iKrautDroid

I use dolphin mini. When using it, click menu then private browsing ;)

Guest Elmo108
I use dolphin mini. When using it, click menu then private browsing ;)

thats not anonymous browsing :) it just doesnt log your visited pages und store any cookies etc.

Guest AntonioPT
Anybody can find out where I live!

Good enough reason?

By IP geo-location? ;)

IP geo location is accurate like a <insert funny joke here>. Seriously though, an ip locator reports my location over 500 miles from where I am actually.

Stop being paranoid :)

Guest Elmo108
By IP geo-location? :)

IP geo location is accurate like a <insert funny joke here>. Seriously though, an ip locator reports my location over 500 miles from where I am actually.

Stop being paranoid :D

come on... dont make fun of him ;)

ive heard that wrapping it up in aluminum foil helps

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings- I stumbled upon this topic while looking for a way to make Dolphin Mini use my orbot proxy. I registered just to tell you how to fix your problem, because unlike the people who are mocking you I believe you are right and that anonymity is something we deserve, not being farmed for data.

- Download and install Orbot to your device, if you are rooted then during the initial setup give Orbot root access to your phone. (I am rooted so I am writing from that perspective)

- Download and install Opera for your phone- not Opera Mini but the standard Opera browser. This is the only browser I have found that will allow you to modify it's proxy settings. Unfortunately I have not found a way to do it in Dolphin, Skyfire, or anything else. The default browser can be modified too, but you will need to access the terminal to edit files and also this requires root access.

- Open Opera and type this into the address bar "opera:config" without quotations. Scroll down until you find the Proxy category.

- Under the "http" proxy box enter "127.0.0.1:8118". Do not enter anything into HTTPS because Orbot (and Tor) do not provide an HTTPS connection.

- Scroll down a bit more until you see where it says "Use HTTP proxy" - check the box next to this.

- Exit the Opera browser. (the only way I have found to do this is simply hold the Back button on my device, it may differ on yours)

- Open the Opera browser then do a google search for "tor check" and click on the first result. This should confirm you are now browsing through a Tor connection.

A few things to note: your browsing speed will slow down considerably. I would recommend going into your settings and turning on Mobile View (or whatever the option is called) to reduce the amount of data needed to load each page, unless you really want to view each page in it's default Desktop view. You may also want to install Dolphin Mini alongside your Opera installation so that you have one browser where you've got speed (dolphin) and another where you've got anonymity (opera).

Also for some reason I was able to turn off the "use http" proxy and it still is telling me I'm browsing through Tor. I have no speed increase, however.

Please note I unchecked "use bytemobile optimizing proxy" (located 2 options above Use HTTP). I'm not sure if a Tor connection will work without unchecking this.

Finally, there is a section in the Developer Tools portion of the opera:config page which details other Proxy options. I haven't played with these options so I don't know what effect they will have, but if you aren't able to get Tor working with the method I've detailed then try playing around with those options.

If you would like to join a community where your questions will attempt to be answered instead of ridiculed and mocked check out my forum (my username .com/forum). It's a lot smaller than most forums, but people aren't mocking each other.

Edited by Tasoli