[APP] Recovery Manager v0.36 [BETA]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi, I am also getting FC error. I think it is because of misplaced chmod command.

Currently I am using stock orange rom. Logcat output:

D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: called
D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: raw/recovery_tool
D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager
D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: 493
D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: File exists or newer
D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: xml/device.xml
D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/cache
D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: 448
D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: File exists or newer
D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: xml/recovery.xml
D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: /data/data/com.podtwo.RecoveryManager/cache
D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: 448
D/RecoveryManager( 4685): extract_internal_file: looking for chmod :null[/code] The device is rooted, Superuser rights already gave some rights to Titanium Backup, so it works. I think quick workaround would be to create symlink for chmod, but the problem is that I don't know where it should be. And.. it's a good practice to catch exceptions and inform the user about error origin :lol: Just sayin'.. Working on JJ7 and its in /system/bin/chmod so its
[code]su
ln -s <FULL PATH TO YOUR CHMOD> /system/bin/chmod
you can find where your chmod is by entering
which chmod
so it could be
su
ln -s /system/xbin/chmod /system/bin/chmod[/code]

Guest Sebastian404
Working on JJ7 and its in /system/bin/chmod

so its

su
ln -s /system/bin/chmod <FULL PATH TO YOUR CHMOD>[/code] you can find where your chmod is by entering
[code]which chmod
so it could be
su
ln -s /system/bin/chmod /system/xbin/chmod[/code]

The odd thing is when it says 'looking for chmod' it is actually doing a 'which chmod' but for some reason it returns nothing on some devices....

chmod tends to be in different places, on the MoDaCo 2.1 it was in /sbin/chmod, others its in '/system/bin/chmod'..

However it was failing because of a typo when I built the application, I have rebuilt it and re-uploaded it, download the one thats linked from the front page it should be fine... double check with the MD5, it should be f8019d82eabaa8ef5fbf2498c13f5a12

Yep, latest package fixed the thing. Things are going fast here, just about 10 minutes ago I had re-downloaded and reinstalled and it was an old version :lol: Thanks Sebastian404 for quick fix

Guest vareBlade

Hey man, it finally works great!

One thing though, can you exclude PlayerPro's directory? Cause the album art of it has an extension of .img and Recovery Manager finds those album arts and list them in the "install clockworks mod" list

Guest fineking
That seems to be a problem with clockworkmod recovery 2.5.1.8 unfortunately... I think someone else might of spotted it since it is fixed in 3.0.0.5....

I'm going to push out an updated version shortly that will add support for the v3 clockworkmod. that should fix your problem

To Sebastian404

Thanks for your answer, It seems I am really very unfortunate. I had to find the information in Japan.

Once again, thank you very much.

Guest Phoenix Silver
The odd thing is when it says 'looking for chmod' it is actually doing a 'which chmod' but for some reason it returns nothing on some devices....

chmod tends to be in different places, on the MoDaCo 2.1 it was in /sbin/chmod, others its in '/system/bin/chmod'..

However it was failing because of a typo when I built the application, I have rebuilt it and re-uploaded it, download the one thats linked from the front page it should be fine... double check with the MD5, it should be f8019d82eabaa8ef5fbf2498c13f5a12

yes here it's in system/bin

# cd system

# cd bin

# ls ch*

check_prereq

chka2sd

chmod

chown

# pwd

/system/bin

#

Guest IPB_Refugee

"Firmware" is the more accurate term, because it's not really a Read Only Memory. (If it were read only, you couldn't use custom firmwares).

Regards

Wolfgang

Guest vareBlade
A ROM image, or simply ROM, is a computer file which contains a copy of the data from a read-only memory chip.

straight from wikipedia

Edited by vareBlade

Guest Phoenix Silver
You can't, you have to get down to things like real men :lol: (RA or Clockwork).

what i mean people should learn other methods than this one

big bad surprises guys

Guest joblade

Thank you so much for this! Was really lost using Fastboot (am a complete beginner, never attempted anything like this before) but managed to get clockwork on using this and then installed JJ manually through clockwork. Got the phone yesterday lunch and got it installed once I found the Recovery Manager method, at one point thought I was going to have give up and stick with orange branding and 2.1.

Am really pleased and having fun with new phone.

Guest lordofangels

Seb,

Is there a way to still have RM recognise the firmware when changing the VM size with the VM heap tool,

was recognised fine till the vm size way changed.

Noticed this on your roms and the jj on my friends rom.

Thanks

LoA

Guest Maringer
what i mean people should learn other methods than this one

big bad surprises guys

I don't necessarily agree with you here.

The vast majority of users don't encounter any problems when flashing ROMs (sorry, seb, firmware), so having a more simplified way such as this Recovery Manager can only be a good thing.

If problems are encountered, people can always visit forums such as those on Modaco asking for advice and then learning more about the other Recovery methods. A stable and functional Recovery Manager ought, at least, to reduce the noise ratio on the forums as inexperienced users will find it easier to install firmware.

Guest prasad_den

Need some help guys.. I'm facing the same problem as some others already have reported. I installed Universalandroot, and then the recovery manager. But when I try to install clockwork through the RM, it says 'installing' and then exits. Bottom of the screen shows unrecognized recovery installed. Sometimes RM just force closes on me, even though universalandroot reports that superuser rights have been given to RM. What is the solution to this problem?

Guest vareBlade
Need some help guys.. I'm facing the same problem as some others already have reported. I installed Universalandroot, and then the recovery manager. But when I try to install clockwork through the RM, it says 'installing' and then exits. Bottom of the screen shows unrecognized recovery installed. Sometimes RM just force closes on me, even though universalandroot reports that superuser rights have been given to RM. What is the solution to this problem?

Do you have the clockworks file in your sd card?

Guest prasad_den

^^ I feel embarassed.. All I had to do was reboot into clockwork manually (Clockwork was installed, although RM did not identify it) and then proceed to install JJ9. The solution was here in this thread itself. All I had to do was pay attention and search well. ;)

Guest StevenHarperUK
^^ I feel embarassed.. All I had to do was reboot into clockwork manually (Clockwork was installed, although RM did not identify it) and then proceed to install JJ9. The solution was here in this thread itself. All I had to do was pay attention and search well. ;)

Yes - if Recovery Manager can't see the recovery version you have you can always go into Clockwork manually and do the install / WIPE

Its still good that you found out yourself how to do it

I had the same problem yesterday - Clockwork 2.5.1.8 was installed but the Recovery Manager wouldn't identify it. What I did: I redownloaded the image file - put it on my SD Card (md5 hash check!) and pressed "install recovery" in the Recoery Manager to reinstall it. Now it gets identified ;)

Guest Blade_ZTE

*sigh*

Just did a 'backup firmware' using recovery manager, but when I try to restore this backup RM can't seem to find it??

It doesn't appear in the list of available backups. I can however see older ones, made with Clockwork, but not this latest one.

And what's worse - when I go into Clockwork and try to restore it that way, I get MD5 error ...

Running Pauls r11.

Can someone pls help?

I'm so not looking forward to manually trying to recreate the most recent setup ... the one I thought I made a backup of ;)

Thx!