[APP] Recovery Manager v0.36 [BETA]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest rockshu
  • Download v0.34beta from the first page.
  • Install it to your device.
  • Download ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5
  • Install is using Recovery Manager
  • In the application press MENU and then 'Debug'.
  • Post here what it says

ok i did using fastboot install a custom rom so it has all been cool. but since you have been very kind to respond ,sebastian let me know if i can do any further tests too. here are the results:

i downloaded 0.34, installed it only my device, downlaoded 3.0.0.0, when i opened recovery manager it said unrecognized although i had a working 2.5.1.8. i installed 3.0.0.5 and it again said unrecognized.i clicked debug and this is the log:

version: 0.34 beta

device : blade

recovery partition:

mtd0:00480000 00020000

"recovery"

recovery md5:

24dcec43fe949d08177eb3527545fa3a

firmware md5:

c0d3467e468669042a2a01738ab51105

just for a laugh , i restarted my phone, volume button down, and as expected worst happened. the install did botch my working 2.5.1.8 recovery.

i had to take the battery out , boot again , without volume button down, but atleast now i could boot back to my custom froyo.

i think i will fastboot again with 2.5.1.8, just in case. cheers

let me know if u update it again or u need any more testing to be done.

update: i can fastboot both 2.5.1.8 and 3.0.0.5 i just did them both and could boot onto recovery., hereby confirm that there is not problem with the files itself. it the recovery manager which does not recognize anythign and botches up any existing recovery installed via fastboot.

thanks

Edited by rockshu

Guest t0mm13b
Change Log
  • v0.23b - 2011-01-17
    • Initial Release

• v0.26b - 2001-01-18
      • more debug output & error trapping
      • Remove TitaniumBackup from search path of recovery images
      • add full wipe when installing firmware
      • add install firmware update option
      • sorted firmware/recovery selection box alphabetically
      • update built-in firmware/recovery database

• v0.29b - 2001-01-25
        • resolve permissions issue for some firmwares (eg MoDaCo)
        • added currently installed to front screen
        • added support for clockworkmod recovery v3

• v0.32b - 2001-02-01
          • fixed first run message to only display once
          • added Options Menu
          • added exit program option
          • moved 'check for update' to Options Menu
          • removed 'Download Firmware' from firmware menu
          • added 'Wipe User Data' option to Firmware menu

[*]v0.34b - 2001-02-09

[*] application name now 'Recovery Manager'

[*] expanded supported devices

[*] added debug output

[*] update built-in firmware/recovery database

Known Issues

[*]filenames of recovery images & firmwares can not contain spaces

[*]filenames of backups can not contain spaces or other irregular characters.

Future development

[*]Learn Python so I can offload the update backed to Google AppEngine

[*]Add more error trapping and debug output

[*]Add In-Application download/install of Recovery Images

[*]Add Support for more devices

[*]Improve Icons (yeah.. well I'm not an artist you know)

[*]Localized Language support

Uhmm... did you step into a De-Lorean by any chance, went back in time to 2001...? :P

Guest vareBlade

Seb, can you filter out the results either from the folder /sdcard/PlayerPro/* or the files that their name starts with playerpro.*.img (note * is a wildcard char)

Cause they are PlayerPro's files (mostly album arts) that show up in the "install recovery" search results (and they are many).

Thanks

Edited by vareBlade

Guest Sebastian404
Hi

just installed 0.34b with a kitchen version of mcr r12

Unfortunately getting forced closes everytime I try opening RM

Frequently asked questions

[*]The application Force Closes on me

Make sure your device is rooted, and you have SuperUser installed, I recommend you use
    Universal AndRoot

[*]The application still Force Closes on me

Are you sure your device is rooted? and you have SuperUser installed? Did I mention that I recommend you use
    Universal AndRoot
    ?

[*]Yes I'm sure, and its still bust, I hate you!

I understand fully, I hate me too <sadface>. If you can replicate the fault, please run logcat from ADB and post up your log here and I will do my level best to try and fix it for you.

[*]What is this logcat you speak of?

if you have the USB drivers installed, and Android Debug Bridge (ADB) you can run this command
    'adb logcat RecoveryManager:* *:s'
    if you can copy and paste the parts of that log it will help me understand why your having problems.

Guest Sebastian404
Seb, can you filter out the results either from the folder /sdcard/PlayerPro/* or the files that their name starts with playerpro.*.img (note * is a wildcard char)

Cause they are PlayerPro's files (mostly album arts) that show up in the "install recovery" search results (and they are many).

Im going to ad support into the next version that it will check any img file to ensure they are valid recovery images.... how many is many tho?

Guest vareBlade
Im going to ad support into the next version that it will check any img file to ensure they are valid recovery images.... how many is many tho?

Depends on the albums you have. PlayerPro is a music player and it downloads the album artwork and some other info and saves them into .img

How many?

Well look at size of that scrollbar in the screenshot :P

screenshot.jpg

Edited by vareBlade

Guest targetbsp

It doesn't particularly matter but the version android uses to determine the application version (as opposed to what is written in the UI) is still 0.23. I only noticed it because Titanium didn't pick up 0.34 as a new app to backup.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Sebastian404
It doesn't particularly matter but the version android uses to determine the application version (as opposed to what is written in the UI) is still 0.23. I only noticed it because Titanium didn't pick up 0.34 as a new app to backup.

Hmm, that's an odd one, its suppose to get that from the same place.... I'll have a look into that, and make sure its fixed for the next version, thanks.

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

DEBUG INFO

version:

v0.34beta

device:

blade

recovery partition:

mtd0: 00480000 00020000

"recovery"

recovery md5:

94629294b4fcb6aa6251ebb0a0

firmware md5:

c0d3467e468669042a2a01738ab51105

Guest valderis

Please help i install recovery manager then 3.0.0.5 ClockworkMod and made a backup of my curent stock rom with recovery manager, but after rebot i cant turn on. It says "the application recovery manager (process com.podtwo.recoverymanager) has stopped unexpectedly" i tried reinstall it but the same... :D

P.S problem solved i once more rooted my SF and now recovery manager works

P.S.S Sorry guys for my fluent english :P

Edited by valderis

Guest rockshu

Hello Seb,

i printed my debug info.

was it of any help?

what could you find out and have you corrected the errors?

Cheers

PS: posting this info online i hope does not bear a security risk to the device ?

Guest targetbsp

Will this be seeing an update to recognise clockwork 3.0.0.6? I only put the new clockwork on an hour ago and I'm missing Recovery manager already. :D

I tried update database off the menu.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest aequalszero

Installed my first ROM with Recovery Manager 0.34b yesterday. Followed the standard proceedure, as described in the Guide thread and everything went pretty smoothly - great application by the way!

I did run into the problem that a few others have had - after performing a backup RM presents a Force Close message. I probably overkilled on the fix (uninstall RM, unroot, root, reinstall RM) but everything worked fine for the firmware install after that.

So - thanks, I guess!

Guest Sebastian404
Will this be seeing an update to recognise clockwork 3.0.0.6? I only put the new clockwork on an hour ago and I'm missing Recovery manager already. :D

I tried update database off the menu.

Try it again now....

Guest Sebastian404
Hey seb, will you keep developing this even if Rom Manager support Blade?

Well Recovery Manager supports more than just the Blade... but I expect its user base to drop somewhat.

Guest vareBlade
Well Recovery Manager supports more than just the Blade... but I expect its user base to drop somewhat.

but how will Rom manager support Blade when the clockworksmod they got dont support Blade?

will they ask to use the one people in modaco compiled? (yours for example)

Also, i just updated Recovery manager but its still not recognizing 3.0.0.6b1

Edited by vareBlade

Guest Sebastian404
but how will Rom manager support Blade when the clockworksmod they got dont support Blade?

will they ask to use the one people in modaco compiled? (yours for example)

In the thread with the new versions of Cyanogen, TomG seems to be promoting his own build of clockworkmod recovery, and as I understand it, koush uses the build files thats apart of cyanogenmod to create clockworkmod recovery images for his tool...

It is Koush's code, its more his than mine...

Guest vareBlade
In the thread with the new versions of Cyanogen, TomG seems to be promoting his own build of clockworkmod recovery, and as I understand it, koush uses the build files thats apart of cyanogenmod to create clockworkmod recovery images for his tool...

It is Koush's code, its more his than mine...

ya i know that, i was just wondering if he would make his version compatible with our phones or people would just use the cwm found in modaco

Guest Sebastian404
Does anyone have this working on Cyanogen? It force closes for me. :D

Its mentioned in the Known Issues :D

I've not had time to look into it, but the underlying native executable Segdumps for some reason

EDIT: I checked, its already in the Canogen issue tracker

Edited by Sebastian404