Vega or not

Guest perz750

Guest perz750

This may really sound stupid, but as a newbie to android, how do i transfer music to my sd card as when i plug the pad into my laptop nothing happens.

thanks

Guest Lennyuk
This may really sound stupid, but as a newbie to android, how do i transfer music to my sd card as when i plug the pad into my laptop nothing happens.

thanks

you will have to drag the notifications bar down on the vega and select "mount" or whatever the option is called, then press the button to mount.

Put mp3's in a folder called "MP3" if it doesn't exist, then make it

Guest perz750
you will have to drag the notifications bar down on the vega and select "mount" or whatever the option is called, then press the button to mount.

Put mp3's in a folder called "MP3" if it doesn't exist, then make it

Thanks. problem is i plug the usb into the pad then into laptop but windows just doesnt see the pad

Guest thelondon
Beg to differ..The guy selling these does state its the oem version and not the advent vega itself. As for the system, you can get into either "normal interface or 3d". You can both change the weather location and add to the desktop in both, its all in the instructions. As for the USB, its no different from the vega and I belive the update from here allows switching to host.

I have not so far moved from the os supplied as I am just running with it to see how it performs. I am sitting here with q friend and he has a vega and we are comparing. The one advantage I have is the dock, no usb probs for me, just plugged my keyboard into one of the sockets and here I am typing away.

As for the 2 pin plug, this is a weird one, when I use this carger I can use the pad with no problems while its charging, do double hits on keyboards or problems with screen or vids, but when I plug my friends vega 3 pin charge in I get problems. Maybe someone techy here can explain.

Actually I bought mine 2 weeks ago, and at that point he didn't state it was an OEM, and he wasn't selling it with a dock and it was £300 not £249. But I needed it in a hurry so I could take it on a flight, and couldn't wait take the chance that DSG would get more in.

I'm not sure what you are comparing it with Vega wise. Hardware wise i'm 99.9% sure its identicle (anyone know of any diffs?) so only diff i saw was the launcher and a few apps.

Yep i probably didnt read the instructions for the 3D launcher. I just held my finger on the desktop and expected to be able to create a shortcut and couldn't. I have an adroid phone and there are a few android gurus i work with and they couldn't figure it out either. At that point it was gonna get formated. I also found once the i'd put the Vega Rom on and Modaco pack it was alot more responsive. with the 3D auncher on hitting the home button seems so laggy. You may have had better luck than me.

What probs do you get when charging? I've not had any weird behaviour (more than normal) when charging, but i've have not got a three pin charger to try it on. Like you said...one for the techs i think. One thing i have noticed though, is it's not very quick at charging.

As for USB, was being a bit of an idiot (partially). To get USB to work you need to use the USB Mode app (installed as part of modaco).

This will switch to USB host (for reading disks etc). However when i did this i got a reboot message and it just hung.

Turns out the app doesn't quite qork as part of the Modaco integrated install.

I uninstalled the app and re installed the apk from here http://www.mediafire.com/?uphmqbdqxd3l59r

There is a thread here about it: http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...slave-switcher/

After installing my flash stick works, MicroSD reader, mouse and keyboard. :-) Plugged in HD and that lit up bit will not read. Not sure if thats because it's NTFS or as i've read somewhere will never work cos vega is missing USB power pin hardware.

Guest perz750
Actually I bought mine 2 weeks ago, and at that point he didn't state it was an OEM, and he wasn't selling it with a dock and it was £300 not £249. But I needed it in a hurry so I could take it on a flight, and couldn't wait take the chance that DSG would get more in.

I'm not sure what you are comparing it with Vega wise. Hardware wise i'm 99.9% sure its identicle (anyone know of any diffs?) so only diff i saw was the launcher and a few apps.

Yep i probably didnt read the instructions for the 3D launcher. I just held my finger on the desktop and expected to be able to create a shortcut and couldn't. I have an adroid phone and there are a few android gurus i work with and they couldn't figure it out either. At that point it was gonna get formated. I also found once the i'd put the Vega Rom on and Modaco pack it was alot more responsive. with the 3D auncher on hitting the home button seems so laggy. You may have had better luck than me.

What probs do you get when charging? I've not had any weird behaviour (more than normal) when charging, but i've have not got a three pin charger to try it on. Like you said...one for the techs i think. One thing i have noticed though, is it's not very quick at charging.

As for USB, was being a bit of an idiot (partially). To get USB to work you need to use the USB Mode app (installed as part of modaco).

This will switch to USB host (for reading disks etc). However when i did this i got a reboot message and it just hung.

Turns out the app doesn't quite qork as part of the Modaco integrated install.

I uninstalled the app and re installed the apk from here http://www.mediafire.com/?uphmqbdqxd3l59r

There is a thread here about it: http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...slave-switcher/

After installing my flash stick works, MicroSD reader, mouse and keyboard. :-) Plugged in HD and that lit up bit will not read. Not sure if thats because it's NTFS or as i've read somewhere will never work cos vega is missing USB power pin hardware.

The charging thing is really odd. I have seen several posts on forums where the pad cannot be used while charging or it flickers etc. This being put down to the charger. I am having no problems with this at all using the charger supplied but when i use friends 3 pin charger there are probs with the screen. just an odd one.

I have managed to use keyboard and memory stick using the dock but they do not work when plugged into the pad. As you say the mod seems to fix this if you upgrade to paul's add-on.

I am having one really big problem that i cannot sort out. If i plug the pad into my laptop windows doesnt see it, pick it up or come up with any kind of message, it just doesnt appear. Not sure what to do now. any suggestions would be helpful

Guest thelondon
The charging thing is really odd. I have seen several posts on forums where the pad cannot be used while charging or it flickers etc. This being put down to the charger. I am having no problems with this at all using the charger supplied but when i use friends 3 pin charger there are probs with the screen. just an odd one.

I have managed to use keyboard and memory stick using the dock but they do not work when plugged into the pad. As you say the mod seems to fix this if you upgrade to paul's add-on.

I am having one really big problem that i cannot sort out. If i plug the pad into my laptop windows doesnt see it, pick it up or come up with any kind of message, it just doesnt appear. Not sure what to do now. any suggestions would be helpful

I've not had any problems with the adapter that was supplied either. Are the model numbers on your friends adapeter the same as yours. I don't have mine at hand to check but it's dsa-12c or something. (in one of the links above) Would be very interested in the model numbers though as was thinking of getting a 3 pin adpater from ebay (not for £30 which is what it's selling for)

As for USB...hmmm interesting. I just tried mine. I switched to USB slave mode, rebooted, plugged in to PC and nothing. Did it again and as it restarted i held the power button (i was going to do the 2 sec hold thing), but at this point i heard windows make a hardware remove sound. When it rebooted i had a removale drive. Point to note is that i had no SD card in my vega. When i put that in i could see it in explorer and the 'turn on USB storage' message appeared on the vega screen.

I'm not sure if that has any relevance or not, but i think (and don't quote me) that vega to PC is simply for reading the SD card in explorer. I dont think you'll ever get internet or anything else through the USB connection. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm new to all this as well, but as a suggestion. if your flash drives don't work on the tablet then it may be fair to assume that your usb is not working full stop. Not that it's hardware but if the host mode is not working then i would not assume the salve mode is.

I'm pressuming that you had it working in order to do the rom ??? It may be that since the rom the usb doesnt work at all until you reinstall the usb mode app as mentioned above.

I never tried mine on the pc after romming but my usb flash stick definately stopped working until i put the usb mode app back on. It may be the same for the slave (pc connection)

Again i'm pressuming you did for the rom, but did you download and install both the vega and the modaco usb drivers for windows?

Guest perz750
I've not had any problems with the adapter that was supplied either. Are the model numbers on your friends adapeter the same as yours. I don't have mine at hand to check but it's dsa-12c or something. (in one of the links above) Would be very interested in the model numbers though as was thinking of getting a 3 pin adpater from ebay (not for £30 which is what it's selling for)

As for USB...hmmm interesting. I just tried mine. I switched to USB slave mode, rebooted, plugged in to PC and nothing. Did it again and as it restarted i held the power button (i was going to do the 2 sec hold thing), but at this point i heard windows make a hardware remove sound. When it rebooted i had a removale drive. Point to note is that i had no SD card in my vega. When i put that in i could see it in explorer and the 'turn on USB storage' message appeared on the vega screen.

I'm not sure if that has any relevance or not, but i think (and don't quote me) that vega to PC is simply for reading the SD card in explorer. I dont think you'll ever get internet or anything else through the USB connection. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm new to all this as well, but as a suggestion. if your flash drives don't work on the tablet then it may be fair to assume that your usb is not working full stop. Not that it's hardware but if the host mode is not working then i would not assume the salve mode is.

I'm pressuming that you had it working in order to do the rom ??? It may be that since the rom the usb doesnt work at all until you reinstall the usb mode app as mentioned above.

I never tried mine on the pc after romming but my usb flash stick definately stopped working until i put the usb mode app back on. It may be the same for the slave (pc connection)

Again i'm pressuming you did for the rom, but did you download and install both the vega and the modaco usb drivers for windows?

thanks for info.

I am still running the original software that came with the pad. mainly because i am new to all this and worried about ending up with a brick. I have been looking to see if i can back up the pad so if things go wrong i can revert back to its original state but cant find out how to back it all up.

With the dock i can use keyboard, mouse. not really tried memory stick . All i want to be able to do is plug the pad into my laptop and copy my music and photos/vids to the sdcard. i have managed to load pauls usb to switch between hosts and slave but when i try it it just sits there saying it will reboot shortly but never does. looks like i will have to load the advent then pauls r6 and pp but until i can back up it current state i'll battle on. have you any idea how i can back up

cheers

As for the dock, its nice to haveas i got it thrown in for nothing but i wouldnt pay £30 for one

hi. just downloaded an app that tells which usb mode you are in from http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=68338 and it appears my pad is in host mode, hence the reason i cannot see pad when its plugged into laptop. As the app for changing from slave/host/slave hangs i am somewhat stuck.

Check your apps list for the USB mode switcher - just select slave and it will reboot for you. If you're in Host mode, you pretty much have to have this installed, (if you're on the Advent ROM or Pauls Custom addon pack). If not, the app is on here for you to install. Just do a quick search.

Guest sandanpa

hi everyone ,

Have the same device P10AN01 (Advent Vega its not released yet ...probably its a test version or..who knows) from ebay ,all working fine to good except wifi ,cant connect to my home router,it sees it but doesnt connect (connecting then after a sec disconected ) , it connects to my phones wifi hub , laptop and phone connects to router.

Found something in wifi settings Regulatory domain : 11 ,13 ,14 channels ! can this be a problem which one should i chose ?

build number : harmony-eng 2.2 FRF91 20101122.174855 test keys

Is there a way to fix wifi without load a new ROM?

with no wifi its just a game pad and not the best one ( G senson worse than my htc wildfire`s phone).

Thanks and w8ting for your reply :lol:

Guest Thresherinc
hi everyone ,

Have the same device P10AN01 (Advent Vega its not released yet ...probably its a test version or..who knows) from ebay ,all working fine to good except wifi ,cant connect to my home router,it sees it but doesnt connect (connecting then after a sec disconected ) , it connects to my phones wifi hub , laptop and phone connects to router.

Found something in wifi settings Regulatory domain : 11 ,13 ,14 channels ! can this be a problem which one should i chose ?

build number : harmony-eng 2.2 FRF91 20101122.174855 test keys

Is there a way to fix wifi without load a new ROM?

with no wifi its just a game pad and not the best one ( G senson worse than my htc wildfire`s phone).

Thanks and w8ting for your reply :lol:

Try setting your router WiFi Protocols to WPA2 I had all sorts of similar problems with an HTC Legend and that sorted it all out.

Guest thelondon
posted twice :|

If your switching USB mode and it just hangs on rebooting, uninstall the USB mode application and reinstall it. Make sure you reinstall from this link

http://www.mediafire.com/?uphmqbdqxd3l59r i posted above.

I was having that exact same issue, it seems there is an earlier version of Pauls app that doesn't quite work...this one worked for me.

As for Wifi. Guy at work was having that issue where it kept dropping. He changed his SSIS channel on his router and problem solved. As to what channel to use...trial and error i'm affraid.

I didnt back up my P10ANO software but i'm pretty sure there is a flash rom floating around somewhere. I'd already screwed mine by doing a factory reset on the tablet (in settings somewhere) but ended up with no adobe flash or market. From that point on i was committed to re romming. To be honest i'm glad i did. everything is working now, usb, wifi, bluetooth, flash, market etc.

I rommed to vega 1.65, added modaco apps, and reinstalled usb mode (as mentioned above). That's it.

I can see why some people are hesitant to rom, but all our hardware is identicle so i can't see why it wouldn't work for all, just a case of getting the right software in the right order. And the above worked for me.

I can't say it's 100%, still times where i have to hit things a couple of times on the screen, and might have to force close the odd app, but i think that's just android full stop. My phone is the same.