Sync i900 to Windows 7 laptop

Guest BLADESMAN1

Guest BLADESMAN1

Hi guys,

Ive just got my new laptop, a Sony Vaio running Windows 7 x64 & want to hook up to copy files & back-up data ect.

I had no probs on my old XP but i'm a little confused about exactly what to do as i dont have the disk that came with the phone. I do have USB cable however do i need to download & install Active Sync or WMDC ? Or is this built into Windows 7 ?

I have tried to connect them allready & the Vaio 'found device' but the error message came up advising me to 'troubleshoot' but found nothing. Is this because i need Act Sync or WMDC ?

I appologise for the really basic lack of knoledge here but this is the 1st 'real' working pc ive ever had/owned.

thanx in advance.

Ben.

Guest BLADESMAN1

Update:

So after several new tries the troubleshooter detected that a driver was 'missing' & once installed WMDC auto installed.

As yet i have not managed to sync as Sync Centre has failed to detect my device.

Will keep on trying & post if i succeed - or not !

Guest Goliath040
Hi guys,

Ive just got my new laptop, a Sony Vaio running Windows 7 x64 & want to hook up to copy files & back-up data ect.

I had no probs on my old XP but i'm a little confused about exactly what to do as i dont have the disk that came with the phone. I do have USB cable however do i need to download & install Active Sync or WMDC ? Or is this built into Windows 7 ?

I have tried to connect them allready & the Vaio 'found device' but the error message came up advising me to 'troubleshoot' but found nothing. Is this because i need Act Sync or WMDC ?

I appologise for the really basic lack of knoledge here but this is the 1st 'real' working pc ive ever had/owned.

thanx in advance.

Ben.

Hi Ben, think you answered your own question, my laptop i installed Win 7 x64, and also installed WMDC and act Sync, and my Omnia connected without any dramas, hope that helps

Peter

Guest BLADESMAN1

Hi Peter,

thanx for reply, i still havent managed to get the 2 to Sync yet.

do i need to install Active Sync as well ? i thought that WMDC was a newer replacement ?