[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest elbee72
Is there any news for the wifi issue ?

It is a big job for novice coders like mosci and me, so don't count on wifi for b7610 in the near future ...

... waiting for experienced coder with some free time, or novice coder with al lot of time to join us ... ;-)

Guest eftihios
It is a big job for novice coders like mosci and me, so don't count on wifi for b7610 in the near future ...

... waiting for experienced coder with some free time, or novice coder with al lot of time to join us ... ;-)

Bad news...

Wifi is very important for me because i don't use gprs connections

Guest silviglia21

[ 3.473494] kernel panic - not syncing: nu init found, t

ry passing init= option to kernel.

can anybody help?

n.v.m

My Default.txt was wrong

Sorry, I've seen this quote in page 12~14, i have this problem but i don;t know where can i find the right Default.txt. Any body help me???

Guest erikcas

With agreement from Elbee, I posted a testupdate on the project page

You MUST have b7610_update_20110303.zip from post #110 installed BEFORE using my testupdate!!!

My zImage and modules use Mosci's keylayout, but the o2b2update doesn't contain the actual layout files which are in Mosci's update. So please be sure that you install his update before you install my testupdate.

After install, reboot once more.

On my B7610 compass is working correct now (tested with phone vertical in GPS status, and when driving). Rotation is working as you would expect now on B7610, no more up-side-down.

Please note that this one is only for testing!

Please don't hesitate to post back your findings.

If all test correct, maybe Mosci can make an official update.

Grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas

Guest Vic20

On testing, All sensor orientations seemed correct with 'GPS Status' App BUT now my phone goes into Sleep of Death EVERYTIME after not doing it for over a week.

How can I fix this or must I reinstall??

Vic

Guest erikcas
On testing, All sensor orientations seemed correct with 'GPS Status' App BUT now my phone goes into Sleep of Death EVERYTIME after not doing it for over a week.

How can I fix this or must I reinstall??

Vic

Just install the previous o2b2update you used. This should fix SOD.

Guest Vic20
Just install the previous o2b2update you used. This should fix SOD.

Yup, seems to have, phew! :D

Going to try test file again, maybe I didn't reboot after installation soon enough.

*UPDATE Accelerometer is ok but I think the Compass has a problem. East and West are ok but South and North are transposed. i.e the compass needle rotates in the wrong direction when the phone is turned!

Edited by Vic20

Guest erikcas
test-rev100.zip

Vic

That's not Mosci's one. But never mind, the SOD problem you've had disappeared I read on projectpage.

But you are heaving problems with north an south on compass?

On mine it is oke. I'm going to try to reproduce that with fresh install.

grtz Erik

Guest Vic20
Vic,

On fresh install, I still have an accurate compass. Did you try to (re)calibate it. I make the "8" moves, over all axes.

Grtz

Yes, when calibrated, if i stand facing west, the compass all points correct. When I start to rotate the phone, the compass needle should remain pointing in the same direction, It doesn't, it rotates relative to the dial in the opposite direction. Try it.

Vic

Guest erikcas
Yes, when calibrated, if i stand facing west, the compass all points correct. When I start to rotate the phone, the compass needle should remain pointing in the same direction, It doesn't, it rotates relative to the dial in the opposite direction. Try it.

Vic

When phone vertical, I have no problems. When it is horizontal (lying on table) I have the same problem.

Will go on puzzling tomorrow morning. Having a beer now :( .

Cheers :D

Grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas

Guest tjeerdos
who would like to do some sensor tests on B7610? If succesfull i can maybe patch the upsidedown.

just use the pathed zImage and modules from http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/issues/detail?id=29#c29 and use adb or OSMonitor app to read the kernel logging (dmesg).

The kernel logging could help me patch it.

This test kernel breaks all the nice features of mosci (its a i8000 kernel), but you can easy apply his update again when you are ready with testing.

When logging pse rember how you orient the phone, because i have to match orientation with kernel logging.

If you are on a roll, you could test compass too, down a compass app and note kernel message values for north/south/east/west.

okay thanks will test in a couple of days. waiting for a new modem hahaha. hope it will work. and hope mosci will make

an update of it. good work thanks

greets tjeerd

hey all, anyone had this error when running haret.exe in the o2beta folder?

post-809130-1300054325_thumb.jpg

i've used several different methods to format the sd card to fat 32, 4096 cluster size. always get the same message.

its a 16gb san disk and is new if thats any help.

running windows mobile 6.1 on b7610

cheers!

Guest new2city
hey all, anyone had this error when running haret.exe in the o2beta folder?

post-809130-1300054325_thumb.jpg

i've used several different methods to format the sd card to fat 32, 4096 cluster size. always get the same message.

its a 16gb san disk and is new if thats any help.

running windows mobile 6.1 on b7610

cheers!

I too have a 16Gb SD and had this problem. The only way I solved it was to do a manual installation.

Guest erikcas

Vic

I wanted to puzzle this out yesterday, but my VM was corrupted. Set up a standalone now. Will be puzzling further when come home from work tonight.

Grtz Erik

Guest centodue

I installed next configuration:

beta2_1024.zip

o2bupdate.tar.gz (for 2D/3D driver)

b7610_update_20110303.zip (mosci's update)

at the moment no installed test-rev100.zip to solve sensor/compass errors.

I have the next main problems:

- many times during the day I have freeze/death situation ...using kleyboard, with incoming call, sometimes during charge (it doesn't wake up)

- if I use 3g connection the battery goes down really fast! No more of 30 minutes using internet starting by 100% it goes down to 15%. Without navigate but only with sync active I cannot use it more than 4/5 hours...then I need necessarily to plug charger.

- time is incorrect: wm6.5 is set correctly and every time I launch android I have 1 hour less.

I cannot correct in android because restarting WM6.5 I have incorrect its (one hour more)!

I downloaded in Android Thread Discussion the timeupdate.zip file but I don't know how to use o2b2update.sh file.

Is it working with B7610 too?

The main problem for me is to have no freeze and stability to use android normally every day, because at the moment I cannot. The risk to have death situation for important calls is too high.

I know that my mobile gives normal ring for who calls me but I have not notification because it is may be already in death condition, and so I need sometimes to check if it wakes up or not....stressing!

Thank you all

Giorgio

Guest tjeerdos

@ ericas,

did i read it right and has mosci stopped?? if so, are you going to make the keyboard updates? and other updates? that mosci used to make......

anyways i want to thank mosci fot all his help. and thank you for the things you have done and going to do.

greets tjeerdos

Guest kaspy
@ ericas,

did i read it right and has mosci stopped?? if so, are you going to make the keyboard updates? and other updates? that mosci used to make......

anyways i want to thank mosci fot all his help. and thank you for the things you have done and going to do.

greets tjeerdos

i too want to say thanks to all who has done so much and are doing and will do

GOD BLESS THEM AND US ALL

Guest erikcas
@ ericas,

greets tjeerdos

Tjeerdos,

I will do my outmost best, but to be honest, this is not my "native terrain". But I cannot promise anything....

Mosci, thank you very much for your input, updates and troubles you did for us!

We'll see you around again when you bricked your Desire :D

(just kidding!)

grtz Erik

Guest elbee72
Tjeerdos,

I will do my outmost best, but to be honest, this is not my "native terrain". But I cannot promise anything....

Mosci, thank you very much for your input, updates and troubles you did for us!

We'll see you around again when you bricked your Desire :D

(just kidding!)

grtz Erik

if he bricks his Desire, he just flashes a custom gingerbread rom ...

Guest erikcas
if he bricks his Desire, he just flashes a custom gingerbread rom ...

I know.... I know....

So my standalone server is up now. Let's see if I get compass working now.

Edited by erikcas

I too have a 16Gb SD and had this problem. The only way I solved it was to do a manual installation.

cheers new2city,

i presume by manual installation you mean extract the tar/gz file to an ex2 or ex3 partition on the sd card?

if so is it possible to do it in windows? i've looked at some ex2/3 drivers for windows and none of them seem to support writing, only reading!