[UPDATED]Performance Tweaks etc on Android!.

Guest gauravv

Guest Athlos
what was your procedure ? so maybe I can found solution for my problems

I cannot use it more than 3 hours before to have SOD...terribly stressing and not sure for important callings (who calls believe my phone is ringing free, but it doesn't ring during freeze status)

I did a format of the SD card. (From 7+1 gb to 8gb, ie deleted both partitions, then create a new 8BG partition)

Copied Beta2 1024 and the ran haret to create partition and untar Android (Also copy the o2b2update 3D Drivers)

Restarted Android a couple of times and then added the Rev46.

Thats it.

Sometimes it fails to start, otherwise its pretty stable.

Ive been running Android for 13hrs and 45min stable.

Edit: I still lock the phone manually to prevent SOD but it seems to work even if backlight goes off by itself.

Edited by Athlos

Guest erikcas
Edit: I still lock the phone manually to prevent SOD but it seems to work even if backlight goes off by itself.

SOD is still a known issue, also for I8000, which is not solved yet.

Therefore, use the "manual sleep/lock" workaround untill the devs have solved this.

Grtz Erik

Guest erikcas
sorry guys, ther's something to update in the guide at the first post or it's all ok and updated ? such as links, methods ecc ... because i want to try to install it but the latest and best version :) !

Read here

For latest kernelupdates go to the google project downloadpage

For B7610, updates can be recognized by Kernel-B7610-GC-REVXX.zip. Where XX is higher, is a newer update. Unzip and place the zImage file and o2b2update.tar.gz in My Storage and boot to Android.

Grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas
can anyone guide me to do calibration of screen is it possible? and also how to make compass work?

Screen calibration is hardcoded, manual calibration not possible for now.

Compass is not working yet.

I tried all possibilities I could think of, with help and tips from Elbee, but no luck. Spent all of my free time on it for two weeks some time ago.

Decided to let it rest for a while, and take a fresh look at it in the near future.

Think I will do some tries in upcoming week.

Maybe somebody knows a way to calibrate compass with GPS?

Edited by erikcas

Guest Athlos
SOD is still a known issue, also for I8000, which is not solved yet.

Therefore, use the "manual sleep/lock" workaround untill the devs have solved this.

Grtz Erik

What i meant to say is that i havent had a single SOD for the last 24-30 hours even when i let the phone-backlight to go off by itself, not by manually locking (Although it is becoming more of a habit to lock the phone, just to be sure :) )

Guest erikcas
What i meant to say is that i havent had a single SOD for the last 24-30 hours even when i let the phone-backlight to go off by itself, not by manually locking (Although it is becoming more of a habit to lock the phone, just to be sure :) )

Ah.. Sounds promising. But as far as I know (and experienced) it is still there. How is your experience with battery lifetime in this update?

Guest centodue
Ah.. Sounds promising. But as far as I know (and experienced) it is still there. How is your experience with battery lifetime in this update?

I am not using android at the moment but battery life seems to be better than previous rREVs

In every case I am disabling 3G connection with widget to use only if I need its

What kind of installations are you using? Android on SD or Android in internal device partition? Maybe my problems are depending on the choose made by me.

good sunday to everybody

Giorgio

Guest Athlos

I am using the SD card method. If a better-final-working Camera and Wifi version is released, ill do a clean install to the internal storage :)

battery lasts about a day or so which isnt bad, possibly better than the older revs, not sure though.

PS: Had 1 SOD since yesterday morning

Guest ErnstJanF
I am using the SD card method. If a better-final-working Camera and Wifi version is released, ill do a clean install to the internal storage :)

battery lasts about a day or so which isnt bad, possibly better than the older revs, not sure though.

PS: Had 1 SOD since yesterday morning

Running android now for around 5 hours. Battery was 100% when I booted up, now 40% left (So about 12% / hour) and only sent 3 text messages.

(GPS and DATA off)

Guest bufalo

almost whole day with a full charge on medium/moderate use here, and two SODs no freezes with my current config from thursday night.

On heavy use you can see battery percentage goind down quickly in few minutes, just like any sense winmo rom :)

P.S: this morning i've tried F1 Timing 2011 (pluged to my laptop) and works great, but as always you can't have such apps much time running if you don't want to have a burning device

Edited by bufalo

Guest Athlos

Hmmm... im getting an android.process.acore error when launching contacts or dialer.

Did a clean install and happened again shortly after.

Any tips?

Thx

Guest erikcas
Hmmm... im getting an android.process.acore error when launching contacts or dialer.

Did a clean install and happened again shortly after.

Any tips?

Thx

This is an issue, which is listed in issue list on the googlepage, i.e. choosing a contact from your contactslist and then call with call-button.

is this similar to your problem?

grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas

Guest Athlos
This is an issue, which is listed in issue list on the googlepage, i.e. choosing a contact from your contactslist and then call with call-button.

is this similar to your problem?

grtz Erik

It has happened the way youre describing as well. ( When pressing the call button not the touchscreen button right?)

But now as soon as the contact list loads, it hangs with the above error.

Thx

Guest erikcas
It has happened the way youre describing as well. ( When pressing the call button not the touchscreen button right?)

But now as soon as the contact list loads, it hangs with the above error.

Thx

Hmm I don't recognize that..

Guest erikcas
Ive imported the contacts from the SIM card. Could this be a problem. Im just guessing here :)

Thx

I did so to. Having no problems with calling from contacts list, as long as I don't use the call button.

grtz Erik

Guest erikcas
it has only 2,4Mb or i must download more files? sorry about my stupid head

In the download are 2 txt files. You will find the directions there.

(Hint for 2d3d drivers, look at first page I8000 in post #8)