Tethering with Windows XP issues?

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b
Will run aLogcat (useful app to have without plugging in cable....) and report back here with a linky to pastebin.....

Cheers!

Ok... this is bizarre....

Pastebin of LogCat

It is after a period of inactivity that it resets and freezes and reboots...

I enabled tethering, waited for about a minute, and unchecked the box in the Tethering Settings, meanwhile XP was grinding furiously for the driver loading....

The handset would have rebooted if I've left it for longer... still running alogcat ....

Ok... this is bizarre....

Pastebin of LogCat

It is after a period of inactivity that it resets and freezes and reboots...

I enabled tethering, waited for about a minute, and unchecked the box in the Tethering Settings, meanwhile XP was grinding furiously for the driver loading....

The handset would have rebooted if I've left it for longer... still running alogcat ....

Hmmm, strange!

P

Guest t0mm13b
Hmmm, strange!

P

Yup! very strange... XP did add another network connection alright, the network connection was given a ip address but was unable to get out on to the internet (I think the routing table is incorrect here....) then... disabled USB Tethering, unplugged the cable, re-plugged it back in again, no flag up on the handset to say USB connected....

It sounds like as if the tethering under XP (can this be made a separate thread for the benefit of those who have XP, to report on instead of cluttering up this main thread) kills off the system recognition that the 'blade' handset is there under 'My Computer'.....

Guest t0mm13b
Yup! very strange... XP did add another network connection alright, the network connection was given a ip address but was unable to get out on to the internet (I think the routing table is incorrect here....) then... disabled USB Tethering, unplugged the cable, re-plugged it back in again, no flag up on the handset to say USB connected....

It sounds like as if the tethering under XP (can this be made a separate thread for the benefit of those who have XP, to report on instead of cluttering up this main thread) kills off the system recognition that the 'blade' handset is there under 'My Computer'.....

I have had to reboot the handset in order for XP to recognize it....

Is anyone else having issues with USB Tethering and Windows XP?

Guest t0mm13b

This is interesting, have a peeksy at pastebin.com

It seems to acquire an IP Address alright, but no routing table entry set up?

Any one have any suggestions?

Cheers, Tom ;)

In fact, just right now, the usb tethering has blocked my internet connection and the handset rebooted.... :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Ok, here's the latest logging from logcat on this prior to the reboot.

Paul: Any idea? Is it timing out and trying all the interfaces and end up with null and reboots?

Drivers issue/kernel issue is what I'm trying to ascertain here....

Edited by t0mm13b