Blank SD card / Cannot format.

Guest kyuuketsuki

Guest kyuuketsuki

I recently purchased a 16GB Play.com SD card, but so far i've not been able to get it to function correctly.

First time it gave me the blank sd card message, so of course i tried formatting it from the phone, (2.2 & Cyanogenmod. ) but absolutely nothing happened the phone just returned to settings menu; so i gave up trying to format it from the phone and formatted it through a micro - sd adapter. This didn't work the first time but after another try the phone recognized the card but when i connected it to my computer and attempted to copy things over the computer gave me errors and when i disconnected it; the card would no longer work. (damaged sd card warning) At this point i suspected the card to be faulty but i confirmed it working by using it on my laptop and desktop computer to transfer files across. What the hell is going on?

I just cannot get this card to work with my phone. Am i missing something? I've tried formatting as all sorts of formats but the phone refuses to recolonize after a reboot or after i've attempted to copy files over.. Any help would be very most welcome. Thanks.

Guest ASY9650
i thought our phone support up to 8Gb MiniSD

It can take up to 32GB,

According to the official UK LG page for this handset,

http://www.lg.com/uk/mobile-phones/mobile-...hones-GT540.jsp

Specifications - Advanced Features

As for the original post,

I have no idea myself =S.

I use an 8GB with no problems,

I personally can't help with this, but hopefully somebody else can.

Edited by ASY9650