[MOD] [2011-02-12] 0x90 Mod final version

Guest 0x90

thank you, downloading :D pls tell me how it works?

You just go to the Settings app that comes with the mod and press the button select clock color and choose a color from the colorpicker dialog ;)

If anyone wants to help me fix the reboot bug. Download aLogcat from the market.

Directly after a reboot have happend go into the aLogcat program and use the save function to save the log to the sdcard. Then upload the log here :)

Guest IronDoc

If I tick hide provider in Statusbar Settings, it hides the text but keeps the horizontal bar where it would be. Is this correct? I thought the idea was to get a bit more vertical space.

Aside from that, working great.

Edited by IronDoc

If I tick hide provider in Statusbar Settings, it hides the text but keeps the horizontal bar where it would be. Is this correct? I thought the idea was to get a bit more vertical space.

Aside from that, working great.

Yes. Thats how it works at the moment. I will probably fix it so the whole provider bar is hidden and the "Clear notifications" button is place else where. (First i made the whole bar hidden, and then it was impossible to clear notifications because the button was missing)

Guest logigamer
Thanks for the logs. But they dont show / give a hint about whats wrong ;)

Do you take them directly after the random reboot?

yeap! :)

1st directly after, 2nd some time later

and the starting performance, meaning loading of widget is VERY slow :D

Guest IronDoc
Yes. Thats how it works at the moment. I will probably fix it so the whole provider bar is hidden and the "Clear notifications" button is place else where. (First i made the whole bar hidden, and then it was impossible to clear notifications because the button was missing)

Oh yeah I forgot that's where that goes.

yeap! :)

1st directly after, 2nd some time later

and the starting performance, meaning loading of widget is VERY slow :D

Thats weird. maybe the logs in alogcat gets cleared at the random reboot. When does the random reboot occur? Are you doing anything special?

I have been trying to force a random reboot the whole day without getting one. Maybe its something with the apps installed. What apps do you got installed?

The starting performance sounds strange to. For me it takes as long as usual to start the phone and the power widget gets loaded in a few seconds. Could you send a logcat from directly after a clean reboot?

Btw. Thanks for your help. ;)

Guest logigamer
Maybe adb logcat would be better. You could leave it running then pull the USB or cancel the command when/if it reboots.

I didn't catch bold part ;)

Guest IronDoc
I didn't catch bold part ;)

Well it gives a constant stream of messages. So it can be difficult to find where it rebooted. Cancelling or pulling the cord stops them so you don't have to scroll through looking for the right bit.

Guest logigamer

now is clear, adb logcat is PC software, so I have to learn how to use it. jdk probably have to be installed.

I'm new in Android world, former iPhone user hehe

Edited by logigamer

Guest logigamer
Well it gives a constant stream of messages. So it can be difficult to find where it rebooted. Cancelling or pulling the cord stops them so you don't have to scroll through looking for the right bit.

easy, i can do ADB LOGCAT BUT one simple question... where that log is created? which folder.

Edited by logigamer

Guest IronDoc
easy, i can do ADB LOGCAT BUT one simple question... where that log is created? which folder.

It's not afaik. It's generated in the command window in real time.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I installed the r2 version but i also got some reboots, while my phone was just laying there in lockscreen.

So i reinstalled r1 and that seems to have fixed it for now

Guest Rotmann

0x90, could you do an addon to your mod, something like the Button Savior app? 5 translucent floating buttons (hide/show buttons, sleep, home, menu, back) on the right-upper side of the screen? Also an option to make the buttons smaller and to enable/disable some of them. Or to do something like the webOS gestures? In every app if you would flick fast from right to left in the upper side of the screen, it would mean back, if you would flick from left to right it would mean forward/menu and if you would flick down-up it would mean home. A similar implementation is in the Miren browser, you can switch tabs or go back-forward with fast flicks/swypes.

post-779710-1295605304_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rotmann

I won't implement any new features until the random reboot problem is fixed. I don't get any reboots so keep posting logcats. one log that catches the problem is all I need.