[MOD] [2011-02-12] 0x90 Mod final version

Guest 0x90

Guest Cardyology
I use a plain blank White homescreen wallpaper on JJrls8 but the lock screen wallpaper is still a plain grey colour. Even after installing this mod. I've been trying to get both the same plain White home screen & background for a while now.

The music controls don't seem to work, plus it removed a small mod I'd installed to the power button options to add a reboot I found. I re-installed e reboot patch & it's back working.

Other than that, the power control in notification blind is amazing! Thanks very much.

I want to use the music controls, it'd be nice if they could control spotify! Just ply/pause & skip track.

Thanks fir the great mod, its very promising.

Hey man, I updated to the 2.1 rls just now & it has fixed all of my afore mentioned issues! I flashed it in clockwork straight over the rls1& now have working music controls on the lockscreen, they also control spotify :lol:

Also, this time the flash didn't remove the reboot option I'd flashed to my power button!

Thanks so much for this Great add-on. Essential for all Jj users !! :)

Edited by Cardyology

Hi, awesome mod!

I love the power widget in the notifications area.

Small suggestion. Would it be possible to add a setting for toggling 'Reboot' and 'Reboot to recovery' options?

I woudn't want people to accidently reboot my phone to recovery...

Yes. I can add that to the settings app. :lol:

Should I apply a theme before or after the 0X90 mod?

Apply it before :)

That would make my --

Hell, scratch that, it would see me through till summer.

A question, though: where did you come across the resources for creating a custom lock screen? I've been looking into it for the past few days but can't find a decent starting resource.

I implemented a new method for compiling Java files from the android open-source project into a existing .jar file :) I dont think there is anyone that done a mod in this way before..

agree!

also as someone else said a rotation toggle would be nice, only if its not too difficult to implement ;)

and 0x90 I love this! thanks so much :P

EDIT: I have only used JJ RLS6, 7 & 8 but I never had wifi issues

I might tweak the power-widget at a later version but its not the highest priority-

0x90 what do you plan? :o

I have been sick for the last days and I am getting a little better but I still dont have the the energy/motivation to work on the mod. I will continue working on it when i am better.

I am going to keep working on the wifi bug and then iam going to implement some more settings.

"Menu to wake" is on my list of things to do and the possibility to select color on the text on the lockscreen.

And probably much more stuff :o keep comming with ideas and suggestions :P

Guest Cardyology
0x90: Are you going to update your mod for JJ RLS9 ?

Me too. I consider this add-on essential. Will it just work? Has anyone flashed it to jjrls9?

It works fine

:lol:

It may "work fine" but i'm pretty sure some of the improvements in rls9 are in services.jar which wil likely be overwritten by this mod.

Guest robot1000

Would it be possible to add the option of leaving the clock on the notification bar alone, as prefer to use this with the gingerbread theme, but the clock doesn't seem to stay the colour as the other icons?

Guest Cardyology

I'vejust flashed rls9 including the hw add-on & over clock add-on.

Rls8 seemed to pull all the apps I had in from the market auto magically, this one isn't doing,

Is there a way to force this? Does the Market remember which apps I downloaded in the past? I don't remember installing anything to backup my apps?

Guest IronDoc
I'vejust flashed rls9 including the hw add-on & over clock add-on.

Rls8 seemed to pull all the apps I had in from the market auto magically, this one isn't doing,

Is there a way to force this? Does the Market remember which apps I downloaded in the past? I don't remember installing anything to backup my apps?

Not really the right thread but there's not much you can do. I would try to force a sync somehow but I doubt it will work. For future reference, most people use Titanium Backup to restore apps.

Guest Cardyology
Not really the right thread but there's not much you can do. I would try to force a sync somehow but I doubt it will work. For future reference, most people use Titanium Backup to restore apps.

Yeah I shoulda just used titanium. No worries. Helped me weed outthe crap anyways, I'm into minimalism.

Guest Frankish
Would it be possible to add the option of leaving the clock on the notification bar alone, as prefer to use this with the gingerbread theme, but the clock doesn't seem to stay the colour as the other icons?

The problem is the file that is modified to change clock colour for my themes is also the same file needed to modify for these themes. Once he releases the update for R9 i will release modified versions of his services.jar with my correct colours for my themes. I've slimmed down the amount of different services.jar to 2 for my themes. So it's not a lot of work for me. 1 version for all themes other than Elegant Steel that uses its own.

New version is out. No new features. But support for JJ rls 9 and FLB r6 was added!

// 0x90

Just wanted to say thank you for your efforts and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

is it possible to skip the audio track by press ans hold the volume rocker when on the lockscreen or espacially when the screen is off

(to skip a track without pulling your phone out of the pocket)

i had this on my Magic with Cyanogen Mod and really miss it

It looks really great - Power Widget in the Statusbar, one more thing i miss from CM

another question witch probably doesnt belong here : i read in a ROM comparison that you have to reunlock your phone after installing jellyfish.

Is this true ?

i bought my phone unlocked from ebay, i dont have a code

is it possible to skip the audio track by press ans hold the volume rocker when on the lockscreen or espacially when the screen is off

i had this on my Magic with Cyanogen Mod and really miss it

It looks really great - Power Widget in the Statusbar, one more thing i miss from CM

another question witch probably doesnt belong here : i read in a ROM comparison that you have to reunlock your phone after installing jellyfish.

Is this true ?

i bought my phone unlocked from ebay, i dont have a code

Get an unlock code here although I'm not sure if you'll need it when Installing. Also the OP says that a long press on the volume keys changes tracks, maybe that's not what you mean (haven't tried it myself, but I would assume that it works). Probably should read those original posts about things you're putting on your phone....

Edited by jt_mcg

but do i have to do is as update.zip

Yes. Just apply it as a normal update.zip. Data wipe might not be needed :lol:

yes. thats already implemented :)

sorry i searched it under lockscreen features - dont know why

if i had just a little more time, i would flash right now - sounds really really great

will give it a try when i have some time

Edited by Kr0nos

I noticed a bad thing. I think I might have messed up the builds when making two different versions, one for jj and one for flb. Iam getting force closes when browsing some webpages. does anyone else have that problem? ill investigate it tomorrow and make a fixed version if I messed it up.