[MOD] [2011-02-12] 0x90 Mod final version

Guest 0x90

Guest reluctant_traveller

I don't understand what is obsolete about this mod?

All the features do not appear to be added by using the uber RIL file.

The most awesome feature of this mod was the notification powerwidget, I used that countless times per day.

:P

Guest richardtkemp

"If you could integrate the swypes and the multitaking into your UI"

Swipe to change app is a great idea in many ways, I really like it, but it would interfere with apps that use swipes in-app (changing tab in browser, for instance)

0x90, please try the app "Smart Taskbar". Having a part of the edge of the screen that you can swipe over to bring up a recent apps screen is amazing! Having said that the app I mentioned is incredibly ugly, but I use it because I love sliding from the right hand edge of the screen instead of holding home.Another similar app I use is slidepad. I have put on it a Tasker shortcut to turn on/off autorotation (reason mentioned below). Another thing I am trying to include on my slidepad setup is fake arrow keys though I haven't yet got this to work. PLEASE make some way to emulate a dpad!

Overall I think my best suggestion for UI improvement is making quick things accessible without leaving the app you're in. Things exactly like a notification bar power widget.

Also I don't know if this is relevant to what you're trying to achieve, but I really wish my phone would be less prone to rotating to landscape. If I want it landscape, I'll hold it badword sideways. Mine seems to rotate if I just tilt my wrist slightly the wrong way. Anyone else bothered by this?

Guest Frankish
I don't understand what is obsolete about this mod?

All the features do not appear to be added by using the uber RIL file.

The most awesome feature of this mod was the notification powerwidget, I used that countless times per day.

:P

Due to working Cyanogenmod roms i guess? But they are not as stable as the roms here otherwise.

The Cyanogenmod roms have more features than this mod but still...

Guest wishmasterf
Iam not going to develope this mod anymore as its obsolete now when we have a working RIL for the blade . If you want i could make a last version for the latest version of FLB and JJ.

sorry maybe noobish, but what your mod has to do with RIL?

Guest Frankish

As i explained, he can now build an AOSP rom with these features built in or you can use Cyanogenmod as a rom which has all the features of this mod and MORE.

Guest Rotmann
"If you could integrate the swypes and the multitaking into your UI"

Swipe to change app is a great idea in many ways, I really like it, but it would interfere with apps that use swipes in-app (changing tab in browser, for instance)

0x90, please try the app "Smart Taskbar". Having a part of the edge of the screen that you can swipe over to bring up a recent apps screen is amazing! Having said that the app I mentioned is incredibly ugly, but I use it because I love sliding from the right hand edge of the screen instead of holding home.Another similar app I use is slidepad. I have put on it a Tasker shortcut to turn on/off autorotation (reason mentioned below). Another thing I am trying to include on my slidepad setup is fake arrow keys though I haven't yet got this to work. PLEASE make some way to emulate a dpad!

Overall I think my best suggestion for UI improvement is making quick things accessible without leaving the app you're in. Things exactly like a notification bar power widget.

Also I don't know if this is relevant to what you're trying to achieve, but I really wish my phone would be less prone to rotating to landscape. If I want it landscape, I'll hold it badword sideways. Mine seems to rotate if I just tilt my wrist slightly the wrong way. Anyone else bothered by this?

i must be doing something wrong i've installed the ahb thing 3 times and checked the md5 and yet i still dont get around 420 mark on quadrant

The swype to change apps should only work if you swype in a certain region of the screen (webOS has this on the lower side, in android it would be better on the upper side because of the software keyboard). I recommend you PowerStrip, it's brilliant, you can have the recently used apps, direct shortcuts and widgets overlayed on the current app, brilliant. Also for a virtual D-Pad, SoftKeys is a solution or activate in your keyboard settings (I have HTC_IME) the volume buttons to act like forward-back. The landscape-portrait problem is present on my archos 70 tablet too, so damn annoying, I think this is an android problem. Palm Pre or iphone rotate so beautiful.

please, please, give it to us :P

FLB with this powerwidget would rock!

If everything went well then I am going to post the last version in about 15 minutes, just got to test that the FLB version works. :P

Bad news. Everything but the power-widget works in FLB 8.. Working on fixing it..

Fixed it. New versions are uploaded.

Edited by 0x90

Guest richardtkemp

Thanks for the tip Rotmann, I bought the power strip app and am liking it. Double tapping home annoys me though with the Blade's stiff home buttons, I wish Power Strip could be launched from a screen edge stroke without having to go 'via' SwipePad

Guest robot1000

I'm using ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5 and tried flashing the 0x90-flb-final zip (with signature and script checks disabled) and got the following error:

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.

Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.

It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.

Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted.

Is there an easy workaround for this error?

Edited by robot1000

I'm using ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5 and tried flashing the 0x90-flb-final zip (with signature and script checks disabled) and got the following error:

Is there an easy workaround for this error?

damn. i forgot to update the update scripts to work with clockwork 3. i will fix it when i have time. You could open the zip and replace the update scripts from a theme (the stuff in the /meta-inf/com/google/android/ folder)

Guest Simon O

Just noticed that the final version for FLB doesn't have all the fixes for android.policy.jar that I made so the incorrect strings are showing again :P

Example: Airplane mode showing "No SIM" message. Pattern lock showing SIM network subset error instead of "Draw pattern to unlock"

Guest wishmasterf
Just noticed that the final version for FLB doesn't have all the fixes for android.policy.jar that I made so the incorrect strings are showing again :P

Example: Airplane mode showing "No SIM" message. Pattern lock showing SIM network subset error instead of "Draw pattern to unlock"

I dont know if 0x90 will fix that. Could you fix that? A note on your thread about modifications for your roms would be nice.

Guest Simon O
I dont know if 0x90 will fix that. Could you fix that? A note on your thread about modifications for your roms would be nice.

I fixed them in android.policy.jar already. The problem is caused by the framework-res.apk having images and strings with the wrong IDs so the lockscreen is showing incorrect text. Not 0x90s fault.. blame ZTE.

I'm working on fixing it now.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Shame your discontinuing this, I was going to request that you add music controls in the notification bar like with the lg optimus x2 and the samsung galaxy phones, oh well

Oh easy would it be to add it in myself?

Guest Simon O

Hope 0x90 doesn't mind but I've fixed up the android.policy.jar so some strings are corrected. The airplane mode will say "No SIM" because theres no code in this file to correctly show the airplane mode message.

Also I've updated the script so it'll work with recent clockwork recovery.

This is for FLB only. http://www.multiupload.com/644EB6HF0Y

Guest wishmasterf
I fixed them in android.policy.jar already. The problem is caused by the framework-res.apk having images and strings with the wrong IDs so the lockscreen is showing incorrect text. Not 0x90s fault.. blame ZTE.

I'm working on fixing it now.

Thank you very much for your time...

Guest dadashi
Hope 0x90 doesn't mind but I've fixed up the android.policy.jar so some strings are corrected. The airplane mode will say "No SIM" because theres no code in this file to correctly show the airplane mode message.

Thanks a million Fibblesan, 0x90 just adds cream to the pudding....any chance of putting it into the next rom as standard feature.....? :P

Guest Rotmann
Thanks for the tip Rotmann, I bought the power strip app and am liking it. Double tapping home annoys me though with the Blade's stiff home buttons, I wish Power Strip could be launched from a screen edge stroke without having to go 'via' SwipePad

I use Button Savior and SoftKeys to do not use the fiddly hardware keys. Thanks 0x90 for the update, brilliant!

Weird issue with the strings. When i compile the mod it look up strings in the compiled R files in the framework. I cant understand how zte managed to get incorrect R strings in there..

Thanks for fixing it. Changed the download link on the main page to your fixed version!

// 0x90