[POLL] What ROM are you using?

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest themighysquitt
Agree, for stability and long battery life, FLB froyo rocks.

Its even better now the Wi-Fi problem been sorted :huh:, even if the Wi-Fi disappears after phones been asleep it comes straight back on in after of a few seconds!!

Guest Xenon0816

I don't get why there are only that few people using recovery manager... It's so easy to flash a new rom or a new recovery with it...

Guest Asdnaattori

FLB-Froyo G2 r10b for now. Tried using CM7 nightly 12 but the black & white (5MP) camera and problems with installing some apps to sd card made me change back. Other than that, CM7 is perfect.

Guest aequalszero
I don't get why there are only that few people using recovery manager... It's so easy to flash a new rom or a new recovery with it...

I agree, plus it features so prominently in the Guide thread here. Must be old-schoolers sticking to what they know. Fair enough, I suppose.. if it ain't broke and all that.

Wonder if FLB will continue its recent climb (I suspect so - it's doing petty well out of the gate!)? Currently 17% for Cyanogen 7 too, which means almost 1 in 5 poll takers are playing with this bleeding edge ROM. Impressive!

Guest Blues003

"I agree, plus it features so prominently in the Guide thread here. Must be old-schoolers sticking to what they know. Fair enough, I suppose.. if it ain't broke and all that."

Yup, that's it, at least in my case. ClockworkMod has worked wonders for me ever since I started using it. Why go over complicated stuff all over again when I have a method that just works and has given me no troubles at all ?

Guest targetbsp
Yup, that's it, at least in my case. ClockworkMod has worked wonders for me ever since I started using it. Why go over complicated stuff all over again when I have a method that just works and has given me no troubles at all ?

To an extent I agree with you. It seems daft to change from a method you know works. But trust me it ain't overcomplicated. :( It is in fact ridiculously easy and convenient. You touch the screen to flash a rom, you touch on the rom file then you tick or untick if you need a wipe - job done. If you have CM7, Rom Manager Premium will even download the rom for you and backup your old one. No mucking about with rapidshare and copying it to your sd card. I feel so lazy flashing roms now! It's great. :(

Edited by targetbsp

Guest aequalszero
To an extent I agree with you. It seems daft to change from a method you know works. But trust me it ain't overcomplicated. :( It is in fact ridiculously easy and convenient. You touch the screen to flash a rom, you touch on the rom file then you tick or untick if you need a wipe - job done. If you have CM7, Rom Manager Premium will even download the rom for you and backup your old one. No mucking about with rapidshare and copying it to your sd card. I feel so lazy flashing roms now! It's great. :(

Indeed - I imagine I too will become a clockwork convert at some point. Although I do hear wonderful things about ROM manager - has it only recently come to Blade or something?

Guest SparkGlow

Hi,

Can someone tell me which version of CyanogenMod for Blade - 7 (2.3) is stable and good to use (bug free or less bugs, read good battery life, connectivity etc). Where can I find the link to download the CyanogenMod for Blade - 7 (2.3) and a guide to install the same.

Thanks,

Tan

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi,

Can someone tell me which version of CyanogenMod for Blade - 7 (2.3) is stable and good to use (bug free or less bugs, read good battery life, connectivity etc). Where can I find the link to download the CyanogenMod for Blade - 7 (2.3) and a guide to install the same.

Thanks,

Tan

Guide

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-the-zte-blade/

CM7 Nightly (currently 19)

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-19-14-03-2011/

http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=blade

Guest AP707

Hm Cyanogen7 Nightly19 is looking really promising, only issue I'm noticing with it is the lag when I'm scrolling through my apps, done a Nandroid backup for my FLB Froyo and going to give CM7 another proper go, see how it goes.

Hm Cyanogen7 Nightly19 is looking really promising, only issue I'm noticing with it is the lag when I'm scrolling through my apps, done a Nandroid backup for my FLB Froyo and going to give CM7 another proper go, see how it goes.

This is the ADW launcher used in CM7. I've managed to install stock Gingerbread launcher (which is accelerated) using the frank mod to CM7.

And things become much better and faster.

Anyway, I finally switched to FLB Froyo which is much more stable and in many places faster.