[POLL] What ROM are you using?

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest Rizzler
If you like JJ why not try Swedish Spring? It's kinda the continuation of JJ and is my preferred Froyo though I tend to have CM7 on most of the time.

Exactly, if you liked JJ you will like Swedish Spring.

Guest Tripov

Many changes since the last reset. CM7 hits RC4, FLB R11b was the final release and SS going on R4 and rising in popularity. Let's see what the next results will bring?

Guest StevenHarperUK
Many changes since the last reset. CM7 hits RC4, FLB R11b was the final release and SS going on R4 and rising in popularity. Let's see what the next results will bring?

Going to reset on Sunday - let people try these newer ROMS

Guest StevenHarperUK
so what do you use, Steven?

and why?

Swedish Spring - OLED UK - Recovery Manager

Why?

It Overclocks - the Wifi is perfect - its fits in my re-partitioned 128MB System partition.

Guest NorthRiding

Just found this forum/topic after reading Modaco forums for past 4 months!!! It was highlighted in a post on the SS topic otherwise I would not have known about it. Sorry!!

Just a quickie -

I am at present using FLB r10b on one phone and FLB r9 on the other (half's).

Voted for flb rom today but doesn't that indicate that I am using the latest rom - r11?

Is there a need for separate entries for different versions or would that overcomplicate things?

Just a thought..................

Guest targetbsp
Just found this forum/topic after reading Modaco forums for past 4 months!!! It was highlighted in a post on the SS topic otherwise I would not have known about it. Sorry!!

Just a quickie -

I am at present using FLB r10b on one phone and FLB r9 on the other (half's).

Voted for flb rom today but doesn't that indicate that I am using the latest rom - r11?

Is there a need for separate entries for different versions or would that overcomplicate things?

Just a thought..................

I believe it's just so people new here know what the popular roms are to try out. I suspect any person installing a custom rom for the first time will use the latest version irrespective of what version others are on.

I think it used to specify the version but then it is instantly out of date when a new rom is released until it's next reset. Not to mention the fact that CM7 for instance is up to version 35. :D Most people into roms enough to be visiting a rom subforum to vote on them are likely to keep fairly up to date with the latest versions I would think. If doing that doesn't interest them then I doubt this entire subforum will. B)

Guest NorthRiding
I believe it's just so people new here know what the popular roms are to try out. I suspect any person installing a custom rom for the first time will use the latest version irrespective of what version others are on.

I think it used to specify the version but then it is instantly out of date when a new rom is released until it's next reset. Not to mention the fact that CM7 for instance is up to version 35. :D Most people into roms enough to be visiting a rom subforum to vote on them are likely to keep fairly up to date with the latest versions I would think. If doing that doesn't interest them then I doubt this entire subforum will. B)

Yes, that is the point I was trying to make, I am using flb r10b (as opposed to the latest version r11 which didn't work for me) - which is what the topic is about surely?

It means that I voted for flb r11 which actually, is not true !!

You also said "I think it used to specify the version but then it is instantly out of date when a new rom is released until it's next reset. Not to mention the fact that CM7 for instance is up to version 35." which I agree absolutely that it is instantly out of date, it is an enormous task and it is probably too much to ask however I still believe the list tends to show a fanlist of developers as opposed to which individual rom people are using, which is of course, no bad thing.

I also agree with you that anyone interested enough will look in the individual forum/topic lists - even though it would take a couple of months to read everything.

Guest Gounadive
Im with you on that....my phone went to sleep yesterday on CM7 and took ages to revive....though it has a lot of bells and whistles....I think Im also away back to flb too.

HaHa ! Been there done that after my phone powered down for the umpteenth time after using GPS. I'll wait till this issue is fixed. Otherwise it's a great rom like you say.

Guest Phoenix Silver

i have a french phone from orange

there are french phones from bouygues too

not in the list

aka internet tactile II

Guest StevenHarperUK
i have a french phone from orange

there are french phones from bouygues too

not in the list

aka internet tactile II

I know I ran out of options and had to cull some of the duplicate countries (I wanted OUK LED/TFT separate too)

Guest zurpher

Why is Swedish Spring (2.2) so popular at the moment?

Just to point out:

The questions is 'Which ROM are you running?' not 'Which ROM do you think is the best?'.

I have decided after alot of debating with myself to just vote for Japanese Jellyfish this time around, I have a feeling that Pauls rom might prevail by the next round of votes, but then again paul seems to have a hell of a lot of projects going on at once, so the crown could be for any dev I suppose.

Thanks Devs.

Guest targetbsp
Why is Swedish Spring (2.2) so popular at the moment?

Just to point out:

The questions is 'Which ROM are you running?' not 'Which ROM do you think is the best?'.

Mostly because it has the users of two previously most popular froyo choices channelled into it. It's the replacement for Jellyfish which was the most popular a while back and Flibblesan (which was the most popular in the past poll) recommends it as a replacement for his.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest punkmilitia

zurpher - that post was a while back, so instead of posting out of spite/getting e-pen0r points, shut up next time.

also, I use SS because CM7 is too buggy on Gen2 atm, so SS is my only other alternative really and it's VERY smooth & good atm.

Guest The Soup Thief
@StevenHarperUK, could you reset? And add Gen1 and Gen2 to your survey as well? Cheers.

It would be interesting to find out what proportion of Gen1->Gen2 converts TPT'd versus how many used the windows method - within the windows method group, how many later converted to TPT

May need to ask that question as something like

Are you using:

a) Gen1

:mellow: Gen1 (converted from Gen1 initially to Gen2 then back to Gen1)

c) Gen2 (converted from Gen1 with TPT method)

d) Gen2 (converted from Gen1 with windows method and left on Gen2)

e) Gen2 (converted from Gen1 with windows method and later converted back to use TPT method)

f) Gen2 (purchased as Gen2)

Perhaps that's too convoluted but maybe you can come up with a clever way of posing it...

edit - forgot the B above would become a smiley wearing shades!

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest wtel

I was using GEN1 JJ9, everything was fine except there's 'Connection failed' popup messages during/after call. Then I moved to GEN2 CM7.0.2 N57, it's cool but the battery drained too quickly (1% for 15min idle or 2-5 min use). Finally I installed SS5, things work perfectly and the battery seems more long lasting than JJ9. Thank you all of the great developers. You guys rock!.