Available Ram!

Guest Neodiamond

Guest Neodiamond

Hello everyone!

I have a little concern about what's the real ram on the u8220, because everywhere says that it have only 192mb, but today I installed "Android System Info" from the market, and it shows that it have 231mb, I dont know is this is a bug or something, even in the Terminal I put "free" and shows that the max ram is 231mb.

Regards!

PD: My huawei is the U8220-6 version.

Edited by Neodiamond

Guest betterthanjordan79

I just installed "Android System Info" there to find out what ram was in my phone and it told me I only had 104mb...is that correct???My version is standerd u8220.

Could anyone please confirm this or let me know a reason why my pulse is only seeing half the ram it should...

Edited by betterthanjordan79

Guest Neodiamond
I guess u have 128mb swap partition (or swap file), right?

That +the ram we have, then it says that we have 232mb ram.

No, I'm not using swap, so that's why I made this topic to see what's the real deal, but it seems that I have the newest version with 256mb! =D

Regards!

Guest Richard_Arkless

Something quite related over on the blade thread they found out that hungarian version of the blade only had 256mb ram and when they dug deeper they found out that it really had 512mb ram, it was just locked to 256mb by the manufacturer

It would be funny if this was the same thing and all our pulses really had 256mb ram, it would solve all our memory problems then (but its pretty unlikely that huawei did the exact same thing so we better live upto the fact that they did release newer versions that came with 256mb ram chips instead of 192mb)

No, I'm not using swap, so that's why I made this topic to see what's the real deal, but it seems that I have the newest version with 256mb! =D

Regards!

Well if that's the case, congratz. :lol:

Guest betterthanjordan79
80MB is taken by the radio stuff. the wifi chip and gsm and stuff. Its in every android system like this

Ah thats ok then haha!! thanks for your help!!