Complete Beginner, Would love some guidance!

Guest Madtomato

Guest Madtomato

Hello everyone,

as an ex-iphone junky I have seen the light and have recently bought myself an HTC desire! Hurray! Problem is I have know clue what all the android jargon is or what they can really do... I used to jailbreak my iphone so I do have some knowledge about mobiles, just not android.

I got the phone off ebay and the seller said it

"is running the latest Froyo 2.2 rom with root access

and apps2sd installed and the memory card is already

configured to work with it."

And

"This Desire has got the latest MoDaCo rom installed with apps2sd+"

I have no clue what this all means... I thought that Froyo wasnt avaliable on the desire yet?

Can someone please translate this into terms I could understand, and also link me (or teach me) the basics of android?

MUCH appreciated!

Mike

Hello everyone,

as an ex-iphone junky I have seen the light and have recently bought myself an HTC desire! Hurray! Problem is I have know clue what all the android jargon is or what they can really do... I used to jailbreak my iphone so I do have some knowledge about mobiles, just not android.

I got the phone off ebay and the seller said it

"is running the latest Froyo 2.2 rom with root access

and apps2sd installed and the memory card is already

configured to work with it."

And

"This Desire has got the latest MoDaCo rom installed with apps2sd+"

I have no clue what this all means... I thought that Froyo wasnt avaliable on the desire yet?

Can someone please translate this into terms I could understand, and also link me (or teach me) the basics of android?

MUCH appreciated!

Mike

Whoa that guy really pimped that desire before selling it!

Anyway good choice of device. The various jargon means he has effectively "jailbroke" the device and enabled the device to store any new apps on the sd card. Froyo is available on the htc desire it is the newer version of Android that is not available yet (gingerbread, 2.3).

As regards learning Android the best way is to use your device so much your family start to wonder what is up with you.

Ask lots of questions and read lots desire threads here and over at xda developers.

Have Fun!

Guest Madtomato
Whoa that guy really pimped that desire before selling it!

Anyway good choice of device. The various jargon means he has effectively "jailbroke" the device and enabled the device to store any new apps on the sd card. Froyo is available on the htc desire it is the newer version of Android that is not available yet (gingerbread, 2.3).

As regards learning Android the best way is to use your device so much your family start to wonder what is up with you.

Ask lots of questions and read lots desire threads here and over at xda developers.

Have Fun!

Cheers mate! I shall do exactly that, :lol:

• 4 weeks later...