New phone - quick question

Guest Hatter71

Guest Hatter71

Hello all,

New memebr here so not that clued up with phones so after some help if possible.

I have just purchased a HD Desire from Phones 4 u on a Tmobile tariff.

I received the phone and the paperwork and it said phone would take 48 hours to connect.

I have charged it up and it seems I can make and receive calls already but i can not connect to the net or make text messages.

I am a bit confused because surely if i have to wait 48 hours for phone to connect i should not be able to make calls?

Is this common when you get a new phone or is there something amiss and the fact i can make calls means i should be able to do everything else?

The phone looks nice and am looking forward to getting best out of it just a little worried that im missing something?

Thanks in advance

Hatter71

Hello all,

New memebr here so not that clued up with phones so after some help if possible.

I have just purchased a HD Desire from Phones 4 u on a Tmobile tariff.

I received the phone and the paperwork and it said phone would take 48 hours to connect.

I have charged it up and it seems I can make and receive calls already but i can not connect to the net or make text messages.

I am a bit confused because surely if i have to wait 48 hours for phone to connect i should not be able to make calls?

Is this common when you get a new phone or is there something amiss and the fact i can make calls means i should be able to do everything else?

The phone looks nice and am looking forward to getting best out of it just a little worried that im missing something?

Thanks in advance

Hatter71

Hi there. Good choice with your new device.

If you ring 150 from your device it will ring t-mobile customer services. Ask them what the f@*k is going on.

Also do you see any symbols next to your signal strength icon ie g,e,3g or h. If you can see these then there is something wrong with your account.