Firefox for android on pulse

Guest thisweb

Guest thisweb

Firefox requires 35mb of storage to install so not tried it as don't have that free. Just wondered if anyone else has any experience of official released version before I try and delete stuff.. The alphas didn't work for me.

Guest thisweb

Ok seems that it only runs on arm7 processors and opengl2.0, however there is an arm6 experimental version available for older phones from the mozilla website here:

Is our pulse an arm6?

ARMv6 (experimental)

For devices with ARMv6 processors, like the HTC Hero, Legend, Droid Eris, Wildfire, or Samsung Moment. (See below for a longer list of phones.)

Qr-code-fennec-nightly-android-nothumb.png

Note: The ARMv6 build is new and not widely tested. Many older Android phones do not have enough RAM or storage to run current Fennec builds.

* Short URL: http://bit.ly/fwT9oP

* Full URL: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mob...US.eabi-arm.apk

Guest eckengucker1

we had this topic already...

pulse is an arm6 phone but ff runs on it but this special arm6 version is extremly unstable und nearly unusable...

Guest thisweb

pulse is an arm6 phone but ff runs on it but this special arm6 version is extremly unstable und nearly unusable...

I see. I hadn't seen that post, sorry. Did you try the latest version? Hopefully it will improve by next release perhaps. When will native android browser have tabs - this is my big question. Once I got that I can ditch the rest. So many browsers around are slow and bloated but I need the tabs.

Yep.

+ it's very very very very very very very very ... very slow.