Two Questions

Guest AndyJay

Guest AndyJay

Question 1)

I've recently had someone ringing me multiple times even after I've told them to "do one" and it's really annoying. Is there a way to block certain numbers from calling me? I know it's usually a Call Reject list but I can't seem to find it in the Settings.

Question 2)

I'm no techy with phones, I'm simply just a user. I've noticed that the GT540 OS (I upgraded it to Android 2.1?) seems to lag when the phone isn't restarted at least once a day or when I've been using it for a long period of time without it being restarted. I've been looking round and I've noticed there's a lot of ways which apparently speed up the phone.

I was just wondering, if it's worth the hassle, could anybody point me to a noob-friendly tutorial on speeding up my phone and one which will not cause any harm or risk to my phone.

Answers are greatly appreciated especially those to question 1 :-)

- Andy.

Guest mistermentality
Question 1)

I've recently had someone ringing me multiple times even after I've told them to "do one" and it's really annoying. Is there a way to block certain numbers from calling me? I know it's usually a Call Reject list but I can't seem to find it in the Settings.

Question 2)

I'm no techy with phones, I'm simply just a user. I've noticed that the GT540 OS (I upgraded it to Android 2.1?) seems to lag when the phone isn't restarted at least once a day or when I've been using it for a long period of time without it being restarted. I've been looking round and I've noticed there's a lot of ways which apparently speed up the phone.

I was just wondering, if it's worth the hassle, could anybody point me to a noob-friendly tutorial on speeding up my phone and one which will not cause any harm or risk to my phone.

- Andy.

I don't think you can do it by default on the GT540, blocking callers I mean, but I think I saw some apps on the market place that let you block users and I know in the 2.2 cyanogenmod rom there is a blacklist in the settings menu for call settings that will block all calls from blacklisted numbers.

Haven't noticed lag except now and then but you can download a free app to stop unwanted apps that auto start when your phone does, as well as apps that will reduce battery usage by killing the apps you aren't using. It lags basically because when you use an app it sits in the background not doing anything until called for again.

Dave

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
Question 1)

Question 2)

- Andy.

download apps like task killer and check in the system menu what apps are using your memory...if still not solved root your phone and but set cpu it saves alot of battery and speeds ur phone enormously ....

Guest AndyJay

Ok I've figured out how to block callers. If you save the number as a contact to your phones memory (not sim card), if you open the contacts page so you can see their details then click the app button then options you can set it to forward them to the voicemail.

Thanks for both replies I will look into them both.

I've got the an app called Task Killer. So I've fixed the background tasks from running when I don't want them to etc. If I have to set my CPU speed what is a recommended speed?

Edited by AndyJay

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
Ok I've figured out how to block callers. If you save the number as a contact to your phones memory (not sim card), if you open the contacts page so you can see their details then click the app button then options you can set it to forward them to the voicemail.

I've got the an app called Task Killer. So I've fixed the background tasks from running when I don't want them to etc. If I have to set my CPU speed what is a recommended speed?

600 is the fastest but will drain your battery so when using heavy apps put 600 otherwise480 is ok

Guest mistermentality

I have mine set with an app called setcpu to 729 Mhz and it is perfectly stable,I have heard people safely overclock to 800 and occasionally 900 but 729 Mhz set on demand works for me and doesn't drain the battery excessively.

Dave