HtC Desire New Owner :)

Guest ndbubbles

Guest ndbubbles

ok here goes peoples!

im now a proud owner of a HtC Desire woop.. :o

after browsing through ebay looking for a suitable desire i noticed a few mentioning "gold card + rooted" after googling the said before. i came across this website :) .

whilst looking on ebay i see some desires that had this done to it saying it's the best etc they also mentioned about hmm froyo 2.2 :lol: also one had 2.3 . what is this? as you may well notice im a complete newbie to this whole subject. Maybe a Blonde girl thing :)

if any body could give me a quick run down of these subjects to shine a bit of light on it i would much appreciate it. also providing some links on this site for guidance on performing these mods.

i might sound lazy in asking these questions but i dont want to start trying to alter my desire with out the propar guidance and information.

thanks alot for any responce in advance and hope to hear alot of positive replies ;)

Thanks.

Edited by ndbubbles

ok here goes peoples!

im now a proud owner of a HtC Desire woop.. :o

after browsing through ebay looking for a suitable desire i noticed a few mentioning "gold card + rooted" after googling the said before. i came across this website :) .

whilst looking on ebay i see some desires that had this done to it saying it's the best etc they also mentioned about hmm froyo 2.2 :lol: also one had 2.3 . what is this? as you may well notice im a complete newbie to this whole subject. Maybe a Blonde girl thing :)

if any body could give me a quick run down of these subjects to shine a bit of light on it i would much appreciate it. also providing some links on this site for guidance on performing these mods.

i might sound lazy in asking these questions but i dont want to start trying to alter my desire with out the propar guidance and information.

thanks alot for any responce in advance and hope to hear alot of positive replies ;)

Thanks.

First of all welcome to modaco.

Secondly nice choice of device.

Right enough of the pleasantries. Here we go!

Android comes in lots of different versions. Every six months or so google release a new version (the same way microsoft do with windows).

The htc desire was released with Android 2.1 which a few months ago was updated to 2.2. Htc have not announced whether the desire will get 2.3.

Each newer version brings new features such as browsing flash websites.

When a network sells a phone they will Sim lock and Cid lock them. This stops you using other sim cards and stops you installing non network updates or roms on them.

Goldcards are a small file placed on the memory card which get round the cid locking enabling your phone to use custom roms.

Root means that you have superuser access to your system. I real life this means you can do things normally not allowed such as taking screenshots, overclocking or installing custom roms.

I would get used to your new phone first before you start playiing about too much. Learn how it works and read up on as much stuff as possible.

Have fun :-)

Guest ndbubbles

thanks alot jp514 :)

i will put in the time to get myself used to the device before i start thinkin about a rooted desire. the gold card sounds a good idea to me though :) i dont believe mine is unlocked :lol:

i'll go through this site reading up on things about how it works etc . hopefully i will get helps along the way when i decide to try and make the desire even better about the mentioned roms apps etc

thanks.... ;)

thanks alot jp514 :)

i will put in the time to get myself used to the device before i start thinkin about a rooted desire. the gold card sounds a good idea to me though :) i dont believe mine is unlocked :lol:

i'll go through this site reading up on things about how it works etc . hopefully i will get helps along the way when i decide to try and make the desire even better about the mentioned roms apps etc

thanks.... ;)

Reading is good. Rushing in and screwing things up is not. If you head over to the desire section here you will find lots of people who don't read.

Anyway glad to be of service. May we meet again.