Will hungarian fix work on a Chinese Retail vesion Blade?

Guest burstlam

Guest burstlam

ask this question on behalf of the fellas in China,

It seems that they got a 256MB version in the retail version and the rom dump thread also mention this

how might we possible to check whether their machine also a 512MB one ?

if so, could it be released by rewriting the firmware just like the hungarian version?

Edited by burstlam

Guest oh!dougal

The "hungarian fix" is PROBABLY dangerous for Chinese V880's.

The V880 does have hardware differences (no Home and Menu key backlights as one example).

I think it unlikely that for the large production quantity for China, ZTE would buy but not use extra RAM.

I do not expect there is any extra ram to unlock.

My belief is that the pretend-256 phones were ONLY intended for Greece - a small production quantity, explaining why it was easier to "lock away" some ram than to change the hardware production.

Sending pretend-256 phones to Hungary would have been a mistake. The "hungarian fix" was to undo the mistake.

But for China, the production quantity is going to be very very much bigger than for Greece, so there is no reason to install and "hide" extra ram. It seems the hardware is different, and 'trimmed' for economy.

Sorry!

If there was a V880 which seemed to be totally and completely unable to be saved by any other software tricks, (a "brick"), then as a 'last chance', all or nothing, gamble --- then, maybe, it might be interesting to see what happened.

But on a healthy phone? NO, NO, NO. Don't do it!

Guest StevenHarperUK
If there was a V880 which seemed to be totally and completely unable to be saved by any other software tricks, (a "brick"), then as a 'last chance', all or nothing, gamble --- then, maybe, it might be interesting to see what happened.

But on a healthy phone? NO, NO, NO. Don't do it!

+1 - yes I would like to know what would happen too - but its not worth bricking a device to find out.