orange san francisco contacts issue

Guest Rahul Patel

Guest Rahul Patel

Hi

I am using a the orange s.f and i've got the latest jellyfish image installed.

I am new to anroid system however.

I imported my contacts to my gmail account, and they have displayed on my phone. To get rid of the email addresses contacts I selected to display only contacts with phone numbers. Now when I click contacts I get just the contacts with phone numbers.

However I am still getting all the contacts including the email addresses appearing whenever I use my text messaging apps. It happens on the messages app and on GOSMS which I installed.

Does anyone know how I can stop email addresses from showing on messaging apps ?

thanks

Hi

I am using a the orange s.f and i've got the latest jellyfish image installed.

I am new to anroid system however.

I imported my contacts to my gmail account, and they have displayed on my phone. To get rid of the email addresses contacts I selected to display only contacts with phone numbers. Now when I click contacts I get just the contacts with phone numbers.

However I am still getting all the contacts including the email addresses appearing whenever I use my text messaging apps. It happens on the messages app and on GOSMS which I installed.

Does anyone know how I can stop email addresses from showing on messaging apps ?

thanks

Hi there. I don't have a san fran. I have checked this on two different htc devices and both have similiar fixes. If your san fran uses the standard messaging app try the following messages>menu>settings scroll down until you see "show email address" or "only mobile numbers" toglging these on and off recreates your problem. Hopefully yours has such an option. If not try a dfifferent sms app such as chomp or handcent.

Guest Rahul Patel

Hi

I tried this, but on my settings, there isn't a option to change to show only mobile numbers.

Hi there. I don't have a san fran. I have checked this on two different htc devices and both have similiar fixes. If your san fran uses the standard messaging app try the following messages>menu>settings scroll down until you see "show email address" or "only mobile numbers" toglging these on and off recreates your problem. Hopefully yours has such an option. If not try a dfifferent sms app such as chomp or handcent.