Cannot boot into any recovery...

Guest ptdborth

Guest ptdborth

I'm not one to post a question unless I've tried everything I can think of..so please excuse! I'm not a noob and pretty much understand everything on here, just don't post and keep myself to myself..but now I'm stuck :lol:

Right, I had JJR7 on my OSF, and wanted to try Pauls r11 because of the battery consumption..

So I tried to boot into Clockwork and it wasn't having it, tried adb reboot recovery, Power and -..used Sebs Recovery Manager all of which the same screen which is a constant boot loop of the green man and a few white dots flashing quickly. I've tried all versions of Clockwork .09, 13 and 18. I've tried both versions of RA Recovery..that sticks on an upside down android for a while then loops again.

Done a TPT of JJR8 (Image folder on sd and installed) rom works fine..Did an original image install (to change the partitions back) and still no clockwork..I've tried different versions of fastboot.. Tried stock boot, recovery and system images.. To be honest I think I've tried literally everything but want to ask incase theres something I am overlooking here?

Any ideas?

Cheers. Paul

Guest ptdborth
fastboot flash recovery recovery........img

fasboot reboot

Tried :lol: Used both recovery manager and fastboot to install all the clockworks and RA recovery and still bugger all :) Thanks for the suggestion though. Cheers. Paul

Guest Phoenix Silver

rename recovery..nga..nga.img into recovery.img

copy it in /sdcard/image (with the files of the rom in)

yes overwrite the recovery in

reboot you phone with power + volume up

enjoy

Guest ptdborth
rename recovery..nga..nga.img into recovery.img

copy it in /sdcard/image (with the files of the rom in)

yes overwrite the recovery in

reboot you phone with power + volume up

enjoy

Ha, you're gunna hate me..already done mate, the only way I can get roms onto the phone at the moment is by using another blade, getting it how I want it then clockworking it..then overwriting the tpt files (changing data.img to userdata.img). its getting a bit old now though :lol:

I would love to know why it doesn't work..but it just doesn't! adb reboot recovery, fastboot, recovery manager you name it, i've tried it.. Confused! It just does not wanna play ball!

Thanks again. Paul

Guest ergo911

If you do that command on your phone Terminal:

cat /proc/mtd

do you see a "recovery" partation there?

Is the VOL down button wokring when phone is fully booted?

You can try to use modaco reboot app where you can boot to recovery so you don't need to use VOL down button.

Luck with your phone :lol:

com.modaco.reboot.apk.zip

Guest ptdborth
If you do that command on your phone Terminal:

cat /proc/mtd

do you see a "recovery" partation there?

Is the VOL down button wokring when phone is fully booted?

You can try to use modaco reboot app where you can boot to recovery so you don't need to use VOL down button.

Luck with your phone :lol:

Yup its at mtd0..vol down works fine, tried app - same thing, boot loop/few dots/upside down android (depending on recovery installed).

Thanks. Paul

Guest hecatae

kavern had same issue here

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...l/#entry1547972

ElKidd had same issue and resolved using a TPT image

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...y-mode-anymore/

interestingly both quote originally installing clockwork 2.5.0.9 and wanting to change roms and that version of clockwork failing, and new versions not working

which clockwork did you have as I see you have been registered since September 2010

Edited by hecatae

Guest ptdborth
kavern had same issue here

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...l/#entry1547972

ElKidd had same issue and resolved using a TPT image

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...y-mode-anymore/

interestingly both quote originally installing clockwork 2.5.0.9 and wanting to change roms and that version of clockwork failing, and new versions not working

which clockwork did you have as I see you have been registered since September 2010

Just had a quick read through and noticed they didn't get their clockwork working again too..hmm..weird! Will try and modify the TPT with different recoverys tomorrow.

I had sebs latest mod on 2.5.1.8 when it decided to stop working, its just weird that it happened all of a sudden.

Cheers. Paul

Guest hecatae

when you do a nandroid backup, recovery.img is 4.5mb, all the recovery.img offered are 3.5mb or less, are we missing 1mb of data that needs to be written?

Guest ArXiLaMaS

Welcome to the club mate :lol:

I have this problem since the beginning, i never had the chance to use any recovery mod.

I have tried everything and every possible way and all the time i get that loop. :)

Thank god there is kallt_kaffe with his JJ rom and the TPT and i can have 2.2 or else i would have stack with stock rom.

Guest HitTheCow

same problem happend to one of my SFs some time ago (~2month) and - like you - i've tried really everything.

when my SF entered the boot loop mode (green android -> white dots (A N D R O I D) -> reboot) it took up to one hour to enter the clockwork mode. sometimes i was able to enter it after the first or secend reboot, but there were times when i had to wait 5-60min ;)

the same device suffered from those mysterious screen freezes too and one or two weeks after the boot loops my screen was completely unresponsive :)

have fun :) :lol: