A2SD help please

Guest Casterina

Guest Casterina

I'm currently using CMD 0.4 (as its the most responsive rom to use imo)

I was just wondering if someone could give me step-by-step instructiosn on how to install it on my phone.. I partition my sd but still nothing is happening :lol:

Help me please...

Guest Casterina

Why would i do that... when i need to that to partition my sd card LOL :| and anyways, backed p my sd card and deleted it... i follow that guide yet.. i still cant get apps to go to my sd card :/

Why would i do that... when i need to that to partition my sd card LOL :| and anyways, backed p my sd card and deleted it... i follow that guide yet.. i still cant get apps to go to my sd card :/

you need space on system; rommanager is not needed really since you can use clockwork ;

Guest Pulseuser1

What he/she means is that you need to remove ROMmanager from the system so you have enough space there....but then install it as normal like you would with any normal app from the market

Guest Casterina

How would i partition my sd card then without ClockWork Recovery...

So i have to uninstall ROMManager to get A2SD?

I just need to know how put apps to SD card :/

Guest Pulseuser1

You need to uninstall RomManager from system because its whats not allowin app2sd to work properly....so you once youve uninstalled it from system, install it again from the market so it goes into ur internal memory...once its there, flash clockwork recovery from romManager and also partition ur sd card, then flash dtapps2sd again from clockwork

Guest Casterina

Can you tell me how i partition my sd card without ROMmanager.. because when i press VOL DOWN MENU AND POWER.. and iog ot into Recovery mode.. and i press partition sd card.. it has unmount sdcard and mount and stuff. i dont get what i need to do :/

Whats dtapps2sd? :S

Guest Pulseuser1

Thats why you need ROMmanager because its much much simpler to do it that, and i dont know how to do it wit Clockwork coz the last time i partitioned my SD card was with a different recovery which i dont use anymore:/

Guest Casterina

Yeah, i know what you mean.. I'm downloading ROM Manager again..

So after i do the reinstallation again for ROM Manager.. and follow the instructions for apps2sd on Pulse Owner Guide..I'll be able to apps on to my sd?

Guest Casterina

What do i do now? :S I just done.. i went on terminal emulator. and typed in su and a2sd check and it said no found..

What do i need to do install APP2SD :S

Edited by Casterina

Guest Casterina

After, i zipped it as normal through Recovery mode.. what do i do? I just checked on the manage applications and i still cant move apps to sd :/

It says ext partition foudn but not mounted. you rom may not be setup to run apps2SD.. check with your rom developer if the boot image is programmed to run apps2sd

Your partition may be using an ext4 partition, but your rom may not support ext4, Repartition your sd card to use ext 2 or ext3

Edited by Casterina

After, i zipped it as normal through Recovery mode.. what do i do? I just checked on the manage applications and i still cant move apps to sd :/

It says ext partition foudn but not mounted. you rom may not be setup to run apps2SD.. check with your rom developer if the boot image is programmed to run apps2sd

Your partition may be using an ext4 partition, but your rom may not support ext4, Repartition your sd card to use ext 2 or ext3

dtapps2sd does not use froyo apps2sd which is done through manage applications. dtapps2sd automatically moves a portion of apps to sd; you don't need to do anything

Oh it happens automatically.. is there are way i could do it manually?

Do you have a2sd now? Did you type su 'enter'

A2sd check? It allows you or you mean it happens automatically from froyo?but again that's weird bec cm6 has a2sd by itself or you are using the simple cm6 v.4?install cm6 aio latest!

Guest darkdevil1

Speaking of A2SD...is there a (preferably simple) way to move an app that has been installed using A2SD back to internal memory? Stuff like the launcher and satnav i'd rather have running on internal memory since my class 2 sd isnt exactly fast

Guest Casterina
Do you have a2sd now? Did you type su 'enter'

A2sd check? It allows you or you mean it happens automatically from froyo?but again that's weird bec cm6 has a2sd by itself or you are using the simple cm6 v.4?install cm6 aio latest!

I'm talking about it doesnt let me put my apps to sd... i tried entering it in the terminal emulator.. it says a2sd is not found.