2.1 with built in apps to sd

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

can anyone who knows russian request to quarx to create a 2.1 with built in apps to sd or his current 2.1 rom with built in apps to sd cuz most of us need 2.2 for the apps to sd since the 1 click is not fully stable and can cause problems to your phone (as it did to mine) we all would be very happy if this was possible....dont u guyz agree?

Guest fishears
can anyone who knows russian request to quarx to create a 2.1 with built in apps to sd or his current 2.1 rom with built in apps to sd cuz most of us need 2.2 for the apps to sd since the 1 click is not fully stable and can cause problems to your phone (as it did to mine) we all would be very happy if this was possible....dont u guyz agree?

quarx recommends his own app2sd method with his Black 2.1 rom. I use it and it is better than otber methods. Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6tz9b5u4sv63mib

[Note: You must be rooted and have SuperUser installed]

Create a primary ext2 partition at the end of your sd card (after the fat partition)

Unzip the files to your sd card (fat part)

Enable USB debugging

Connect to PC & call up an ADB Shell. Type 2 commands: "su" (SuperUser will confirm this on your phone) and "sh / sdcard/app2sd/app2sd.sh

After the end device will reboot and start working with App2SD (First boot is likely to be slow as the cache gets created on the sdcard)

You are advised to do this with no apps already installed - any installed apps will remain in your internal memory even though they will now run from SD.

Quarx method works flawlessly, the SD EXT partition will be detected and backed up by Clockwork, and Titanium Backup recognises it and shows usage details for your ext2 partition...

Edited by fishears

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
quarx recommends his own app2sd method with his Black 2.1 rom. I use it and it is better than otber methods. Here's the link:

Create a primary ext2 partition at the end of your sd card (after the fat partition)

Enable USB debugging

Connect to PC & call up an ADB Shell. Type 2 commands: "su" (SuperUser will confirm this on your phone) and "sh / sdcard/app2sd/app2sd.sh

After the end device will reboot and start working with App2SD (First boot is likely to be slow as the cache gets created on the sdcard)

You are advised to do this with no apps already installed - any installed apps will remain in your internal memory even though they will now run from SD.

Quarx method works flawlessly, the SD EXT partition will be detected and backed up by Clockwork, and Titanium Backup recognises it and shows usage details for your ext2 partition...

hmm i understood till usb debugging does adb means the cMD thing? and yeah my phone is rooted does not have clockwork or anything

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

Enable USB debugging

leave it im updating to 2.2 :lol:

Guest Dr.Alani

Enable USB debugging

Does this require a modified ROM or it works on out-of-the-box LG ROMs (rooted of course)?

Guest Dr.Alani
Only tried it with Quarx rom so I don't know, sorry.

Is it stable?

What advantages does it have over the Europe open or Baltic ROMs?

Back to the original topic, did anyone try the Quarx app2sd shell on ROMs other than Quarx?

I must say this works very well on mine phone (rooted euroopen v20b + fastboot + clockwork recovery 2.5.1.8). :lol:

Plus, I think that is more safe to use... clever developer! :)

Guest Dr.Alani
I must say this works very well on mine phone (rooted euroopen v20b + fastboot + clockwork recovery 2.5.1.8). :lol:

Thank you. This is new to me. Actually I am currently using autoroot app2sd with option 1. And it has not caused me any problems and it works well as to have more than 100MB of free phone memory and about 300MB of applications and the change in response time is unnoticeable.

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

too bad i should have known earlier bout this im and 2.2 now and it has full apps to sd witjout any prob i have to admit its a lot better than 2.1