MoDaCo and virtuous differences

Guest graffixnyc

Guest graffixnyc

Hi, What are the main differences between the MoDaCo rom with Sense and the Virtuous Rom with sense? Which one is more stable? I've been searching for the differences but I cant find any anywhere.

Guest SozzaSinnian

I think the Virtuous one has a lot of the bugs worked out but don't quote me on that. Looking at the R2 thread here it seems people are having quite a few issues so I am just getting ready to flash the Virtuous rom now. The Virtuous thread is over 300 pages long so I think it will be easier for me to flash it and test it than to read through all that lol

I also think that the Virtuous rom is based on the USA version from T-Mobile and not a generic one, but again don't quote me on that.

EDIT: Flashed Virtuous and it is indeed from the T-Mobile ROM, didn't like the look or feel of it so going to flash to R2 and see how that goes.

EDIT2: R2 is much more to my liking and no real issues yet. Wavesecure keeps popping up and asking to register all the time which is very annoying... Going to manually remove it and hope it causes no issues as no way to uninstall it... Will report back after more usage if anything else pops up or asked :lol:

Edited by SozzaSinnian

Guest graffixnyc
I think the Virtuous one has a lot of the bugs worked out but don't quote me on that. Looking at the R2 thread here it seems people are having quite a few issues so I am just getting ready to flash the Virtuous rom now. The Virtuous thread is over 300 pages long so I think it will be easier for me to flash it and test it than to read through all that lol

I also think that the Virtuous rom is based on the USA version from T-Mobile and not a generic one, but again don't quote me on that.

EDIT: Flashed Virtuous and it is indeed from the T-Mobile ROM, didn't like the look or feel of it so going to flash to R2 and see how that goes.

EDIT2: R2 is much more to my liking and no real issues yet. Wavesecure keeps popping up and asking to register all the time which is very annoying... Going to manually remove it and hope it causes no issues as no way to uninstall it... Will report back after more usage if anything else pops up or asked :lol:

I was running Viruous at first and the only issue I had with it was sometimes when you press the power button when it's in standby the screen doesnt come on right away.. sometimes you have to press the power/standby button a few times to get the lock screen to come on. Last night I installed R2 (after I posted this thread) and I had an issue. When I tried to install Setcpu and ran it the first time when it asks for superuser permissions it force quit. Everytime I retried it force quit on the part when it asks for permissions. In term emulator I type in su and get permission denied. Is this rom pre rooted? I would think that it would be but doesnt seem to be.

Guest kyhwana2
I was running Viruous at first and the only issue I had with it was sometimes when you press the power button when it's in standby the screen doesnt come on right away.. sometimes you have to press the power/standby button a few times to get the lock screen to come on. Last night I installed R2 (after I posted this thread) and I had an issue. When I tried to install Setcpu and ran it the first time when it asks for superuser permissions it force quit. Everytime I retried it force quit on the part when it asks for permissions. In term emulator I type in su and get permission denied. Is this rom pre rooted? I would think that it would be but doesnt seem to be.

Read the last page (or two) of the r2 thread, there's issues with the version of su and this ROM, there's also a fix in there. (That worked for me)

Guest kyhwana2

There's an issue with su on this ROM. If you check the r2 thread, there's a link to a solution for su force closing.

I don't think the kernel has OC support in it? At least I couldn't see how to OC it with setcpu on my one.

Guest SozzaSinnian

I've had a couple of PM's regarding this so here's an update.

As others have already said there is a fix for the SuperUser Issues in the R2 thread, I installed that immediately after the ROM and can say I have had no real issues at all. The ROM seems more responsive than the R1 and battery life is also a bit better. I've had a couple of freaky incidents, one being that the bottom 'UserBar' that open your apps, phone etc stopped responding, but a reboot fixed this. The other being the unit sometimes struggles to wake from sleep when the power button is pressed, wasn't quite expecting this as I thought that issue was related to under/overclocking.

Overall I am happy with this ROM until R3 comes along, especially since I have removed Wavesecure and it's not constantly nagging me anymore lol

As for the look and feel of the ROM that I commented on, the Virtuous ROM just seems to have more 'junk' included with it which may be what the USA are used to or maybe T-Mobile just included it. I didn't spend too much time with the ROM as it just seemed too crammed IMO. An example of this would be if you press the power button, on our ROM you get Power Off, Reboot and Airplane Mode. Nice and simple. Yet on the Virtuous ROM I believe there was that much crammed in the the screen would actually scroll down... I just prefer our Generic one for it's ease and simplicity.

Hope this helps.