Hermit's Last i900 6.5.3 Metro UI | CPU Optimised ROMs - 23rd March 2011

Guest Hermit Dave

Guest marosteeha

uhmmm well maybe ill reflash the rom, and see if i cand workout the wifi issues.... cuz am sooo sticking to this rom!.

may i ask.... that blue sqare (or hexagon) can it be changed? maybe with some program or so?

Edited by marosteeha

Guest Hermit Dave
uhmmm well maybe ill reflash the rom, and see if i cand workout the wifi issues.... cuz am sooo sticking to this rom!.

may i ask.... that blue sqare (or hexagon) can it be changed? maybe with some program or so?

oh yes they can be changed. couple of files (2 layout files and 2 images for square)

in case of original hex (2 layout files and 4 images)

all you need to do is overwrite those in windows dir and reboot

I will upload them later as zip (or cab if i can figure out how)

Guest Hermit Dave
why when enable rotate screen not show corect and block? can that fix ? but is very good rom maby the best for me who is trying for now,but that with rotate, i'm disappointed.... :D:P)) :huh:

sorry i do not understand.

Did you mean to say that the screen does not rotate when you enable rotate screen ? i'm sure it was working until the ROM last night. I will try it and update this post later

nope rotation still works as it used to.

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest Digesh Chheda

For the net connectivity issues,

I changed the rom and worked for me...Working the net very well in other rom..Dont know y isnt it working in your rom..never the less, it was nice rom

Guest Hermit Dave
For the net connectivity issues,

I changed the rom and worked for me...Working the net very well in other rom..Dont know y isnt it working in your rom..never the less, it was nice rom

dont know mate... there are issues some times and usually hard reset resolves. thanks for the kind word.

Guest Hermit Dave

i have created 2 cabs out of it - one for each layout type (link to download the cab in 1st post). if you want to know how to edit your own, here's the start menu for hexagonal 3 icons

startmenu.rar

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest marosteeha
i have created 2 cabs out of it - one for each layout type (link to download the cab in 1st post). if you want to know how to edit your own, here's the start menu for hexagonal 3 icons

yeah! thats what i wanted to do.. just edit the blue sqare to something of my own; after ive got that where should i put the new files?

thanks by the way!

Guest Hermit Dave
yeah! thats what i wanted to do.. just edit the blue sqare to something of my own; after ive got that where should i put the new files?

thanks by the way!

in the window folder copy directly over active sync or use resco explorer or something like that and reboot

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest marosteeha
in the window folder copy directly over active sync or use resco explorer or something like that and reboot

yes!!!!!!... i soo got that working! thank you veeeery much..... now..... continue to struggle with the wifi... ¬¬ hahahaha

Guest Hermit Dave
yes!!!!!!... i soo got that working! thank you veeeery much..... now..... continue to struggle with the wifi... ¬¬ hahahaha

why dont you try hard reset once. i have included the wlan package and can myself connect using all 23698 roms

Guest marosteeha
why dont you try hard reset once. i have included the wlan package and can myself connect using all 23698 roms

i think am gonna flash your last rom... but mmm... appart from the lock screen and the 3 columb start menu is there any important difference?

Guest Hermit Dave
i think am gonna flash your last rom... but mmm... appart from the lock screen and the 3 columb start menu is there any important difference?

i have changed some apps to be uninstallable - nothing much i will say. only small changes. the rom is pretty fast.

very fast if i use xcpuscalar though at additional cost of battery drain. dont feel like trying other builds just for the heck of it any more :P

Guest marosteeha

soooo, i flased your new rom.. and i was sooo happy cuz everything was just how i wanted it... butttt last night i went to configure my email acount and windows live and its not workin, i can now surf the web normally... well.. almost normally.. but now i have this problem..... it all happnes with whi wifi.... can this wifi manager be causing the problem, cuz... am noticing that my wifi singnal y waaayy lower than normal... and the wifi antena is like right next to me! hahahahha

Guest Hermit Dave
soooo, i flased your new rom.. and i was sooo happy cuz everything was just how i wanted it... butttt last night i went to configure my email acount and windows live and its not workin, i can now surf the web normally... well.. almost normally.. but now i have this problem..... it all happnes with whi wifi.... can this wifi manager be causing the problem, cuz... am noticing that my wifi singnal y waaayy lower than normal... and the wifi antena is like right next to me! hahahahha

any microsoft service that uses live accout requires time sync.

over the years i have learned to sync with sk time sync first thing.

if you have issues with live use sk tools (will include in next version) and then retry.

think wifi should be just fine :P i am next to router too and i get 4 green bars.

might include xcpuscalar as well

Guest marosteeha
any microsoft service that uses live accout requires time sync.

over the years i have learned to sync with sk time sync first thing.

if you have issues with live use sk tools (will include in next version) and then retry.

think wifi should be just fine :P i am next to router too and i get 4 green bars.

might include xcpuscalar as well

wiiiiiii!!!! xcpuscalar... well i installed it on mine and its just flaying!

hmmmm sktools for what?.. i have sktools allready installed, but.. hmmmm as i recall in other roms i didnt have to do anything to configure msn and live. i just noticed that the only thing that is working with the wifi is opera, but anything else that tries to use the wifi conection doesnt work, like i was traying to upload a photo with resco photomanager (or whatever its called) and it dindt work...

sorry for bugging you so much hahahahaha i just want this to work properlly and ill be happy for ever!!! cuz like ive got this rom pimped out, nicelly skined all over (only Spam alert left to skin), and working fast.. all i need is my wifi to work......

thanks by the way!

post-781311-1297370780_thumb.png

post-781311-1297370790_thumb.png

post-781311-1297370805_thumb.png

post-781311-1297370815_thumb.png

Guest Hermit Dave
wiiiiiii!!!! xcpuscalar... well i installed it on mine and its just flaying!

hmmmm sktools for what?.. i have sktools allready installed, but.. hmmmm as i recall in other roms i didnt have to do anything to configure msn and live. i just noticed that the only thing that is working with the wifi is opera, but anything else that tries to use the wifi conection doesnt work, like i was traying to upload a photo with resco photomanager (or whatever its called) and it dindt work...

sorry for bugging you so much hahahahaha i just want this to work properlly and ill be happy for ever!!! cuz like ive got this rom pimped out, nicelly skined all over (only Spam alert left to skin), and working fast.. all i need is my wifi to work......

thanks by the way!

on xcpuscalar unceck auto clock onload. Now move the slider all the way to 500. Job done.

Check Setting >> Connection >> Browser Setting. (is it set to automatically detect?)

This is a very wierd issue and i must say have never experienced anything like this. give sktsyc a try (dont really know why this is happening.

btw good job skinning

SKTSYNC.CAB

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest marosteeha
on xcpuscalar unceck auto clock onload. Now move the slider all the way to 500. Job done.

Check Setting >> Connection >> Browser Setting. (is it set to automatically detect?)

This is a very wierd issue and i must say have never experienced anything like this. give sktsyc a try (dont really know why this is happening.

btw good job skinning

i dont really know what that sktsync is supposed to do, but it doesnt seem to be working. aaannyywhooo am gon go look for another rom... ¬¬ too bad...

thanks anyway

edit: het so hmmmmm.... i flashed another rom, that was also build 23699 and that dindt work either.... so i then flashed a build 29xxx and now its working.... guess it was the build.

Edited by marosteeha

Guest Hermit Dave
i dont really know what that sktsync is supposed to do, but it doesnt seem to be working. aaannyywhooo am gon go look for another rom... ¬¬ too bad...

thanks anyway

edit: het so hmmmmm.... i flashed another rom, that was also build 23699 and that dindt work either.... so i then flashed a build 29xxx and now its working.... guess it was the build.

possibly... could be a combination of particular build of device and ROM conflicting. dont know much unfortunately about phone / omnias :P glad you found a build that works...

Guest Hermit Dave
nice rom. love your w7 dialer. when first boot up the screen not responding need to calibrate. the samsung keyboard not responding at times.

well i actually found that on XDA. i will modify it however for the next release... could do with more visible contacts - not just one when looking up.

i have been messing about with settings myself i must confess. never found one that matched 100% even the one from fav hacking requires me to calibrate :P

my revert back to stock values for next version

Guest Octanee

what do you mean by 500MHZ? meaning installing this rom means it will oc the cpu to 500mhz? or you ran this rom at 500mhz? im just wondering, i dont care if my cpu in the cell was oc'd or not,

Guest Hermit Dave
what do you mean by 500MHZ? meaning installing this rom means it will oc the cpu to 500mhz? or you ran this rom at 500mhz? im just wondering, i dont care if my cpu in the cell was oc'd or not,

from the first post "I have include XCPUScalar that sets CPU to run at 500MHz. This speeds up i900 considerably without sacrificing the battery life."

Which means i have disabled internal throttling of CPU not overclocking though difference is like its overclocked

Guest Hermit Dave
can i have the xcpuscalar 3.03 cab?

i dont know how to save when i adjust max limit?

can you help me plz

okay since the last build, the speed is set to Max.

All i did in this ROM is enable Auto Load.

Start XCPUScalar and uncheck Auto load.

I usually minimise XCPUScalar by using OK mapped to button.

Edited by Hermit Dave

Guest Hermit Dave
okay since the last build, the speed is set to Max.

All i did in this ROM is enable Auto Load.

Start XCPUScalar and uncheck Auto load.

I usually minimise XCPUScalar by using OK mapped to button.

139 downloads just 1 comment in the last 3 days ?

blimey the build must be really good or really crap :D