Changing the frequency of the HTC Desire HD?

Guest ken0429ng

Guest ken0429ng

Is it possibe to change the frequency that the Desire HD uses?

I just got an HTC Desire HD but it apparently doesn't use the same frequency as my other phone did so I'm stuck on insanely slow EDGE.

I know this request may sound a little odd but I'm desperate to change it.

At the moment the frequency is: HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz

And I need to get to: 850/1900MHz

I saw that you can apperently flash "Radios", is this what is needed? What exactly would flashing a Radio do?

If anyone could help me here it would be GREATLY appreciated, I mean what's a smartphone without 3G internet?

Edit: I just realized that both Rogers and the HTC Desire HD share the 1900 frequency, is there any way I could enable the 3G on that frequency?

Guest Wild Child

The simplest answer is no...band frequency is hardcoded from my understanding into the hardware

Is it possibe to change the frequency that the Desire HD uses?

I just got an HTC Desire HD but it apparently doesn't use the same frequency as my other phone did so I'm stuck on insanely slow EDGE.

I know this request may sound a little odd but I'm desperate to change it.

At the moment the frequency is: HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz

And I need to get to: 850/1900MHz

I saw that you can apperently flash "Radios", is this what is needed? What exactly would flashing a Radio do?

If anyone could help me here it would be GREATLY appreciated, I mean what's a smartphone without 3G internet?

Edit: I just realized that both Rogers and the HTC Desire HD share the 1900 frequency, is there any way I could enable the 3G on that frequency?

The simplest answer is no...band frequency is hardcoded from my understanding into the hardware

It seems I'm in the exact same predicament, but here (Australia) the Telstra 3G network (900/2100MHz) has crap coverage, and I need it to be the Telstra Next G network (850/2100MHz)

Come on all you tech-heads, there must be a way!

Help Help Help!!!!!