I want an app for...

Guest Frankish

Guest prasad_den

Have been using Unified Remote to use my blade as a remote control for powerpoint over Wifi. The new beta version works flawlessly, and is great. Recommend it highly.

www.unifiedremote.com

Guest Rotmann
i want lockscreen app what replicates Android Honeycomb lockscreen.

You could try Widgetlocker.

Is there an app that is basically this? Or one of these?

I found something similar to the second, can't remember it's name, I think I looked for instruments or piano or something :D Was a long time ago.

I want an app for...

... calculating: Whats the best Android calc? I need "(", ")" ans some other standard stuff.

I like RealCalc you can enter "(" but you cant really see them in the Textfield or edit something.

... my movie collection: I want to add DVD and scan for .avi or other formats to auto add them is there any App where I can import my movies?

Dont want to watch them on my Blade just want to know what I have and what I want to buy and stuff like that.

... killing tasks: Whats the name of the Task Manager included in FLB Roms? There are so many Apps with the same name and I cant find the right one.

Are there any decent drumkit apps? I've seen them for the iphone (like in this clip).

Cant see the video on YT.

Uloops Studio, Electrum Drum Machine, Musical Pro, RD3

Edited by T3KO

Guest plasticniki

I want an app that:

- will stop my phone from playing ALL sounds unless there are headphones in

- so, therefore, will alert me, via SOUND when I have notifications (SMS, call, Tweets, etc.) via the headphones, but if no headphones are in, will not play a sound

Anything?

Guest The Soup Thief

Anyone know of an app that does this:

Selects between APNs for data access. For reasons too dull to explain, sometimes I want to connect via APN x, sometimes I wanna connect via APN y

APNdroid and numerous other widgets allow you to turn 3g data off or on, but not to turn it off, on with settings x or on with settings y

Anyone know of an app or a widget that'll do that

Hold on - just found APN manager (previously tried APNmanager [no space] which wasn't quite what I was looking for)

Looks like APN manager might do the trick

EDIT- Hang on - no joy - looking for something easy and widgety

Any better solutions out there?

EDIT 2 - APN ninja kinda does it. Thanks for the suggestion below IronDoc - you've got me thinking it's probably doable with Tasker. Just will need a bit of brain work on it

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest womble_sanfran
I want an app that:

- will stop my phone from playing ALL sounds unless there are headphones in

- so, therefore, will alert me, via SOUND when I have notifications (SMS, call, Tweets, etc.) via the headphones, but if no headphones are in, will not play a sound

Anything?

I think this can be achieved using Tasker.

Guest IronDoc
Anyone know of an app that does this:

Selects between APNs for data access. For reasons too dull to explain, sometimes I want to connect via APN x, sometimes I wanna connect via APN y

APNdroid and numerous other widgets allow you to turn 3g data off or on, but not to turn it off, on with settings x or on with settings y

Anyone know of an app or a widget that'll do that

Hold on - just found APN manager (previously tried APNmanager [no space] which wasn't quite what I was looking for)

Looks like APN manager might do the trick

EDIT- Hang on - no joy - looking for something easy and widgety

Any better solutions out there?

Might be able to create a shortcut to an activity from that app? Long shot really.

Guest Orbbman

Hi everyone,

I'm on Japanese Jellyfish 9 right now. Is there an app for

*) adding geotag information to taken photos

*) being able to wakeup from standby not only by powerbutton but also by menu button?

Cheers

Edited by Orbbman

For people who are not feeling comfortable (like me) with the threaded SMS in android can try SMS Composer.

It shows SMSes in the familiar Inbox, Sent etc view. I love this app

Link below

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/communication/sms-composer_ncug.html

Guest Orbbman
Hi everyone,

I'm on Japanese Jellyfish 9 right now. Is there an app for

*) adding geotag information to taken photos

*) being able to wakeup from standby not only by powerbutton but also by menu button?

Cheers

Anyone? :huh:

Guest mobile579

Can anyone suggest:

1) a flip/digital clock widget (no gps permissions - weather not required)

2) system information widget (ram free/rom free and sd space minimum)?

Do not need to be free they just need to do what I want them to do without permissions/tracking my location.

TIA

Guest IronDoc
Anyone? :huh:

Obviously not ideal but I think CM allows geotagging.

2 is apparently impossible on a Blade cos power is cut to the buttons when it sleeps or something.

Edit: I'd like a clock widget in the style of the default weather widget if anyone knows one.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I think it would be great to have a "hacked" music player app. Basically rip apart the music.apk and add encoding for other formats that are currently unsupported such as FLAC. I think that the stock player definitely looks one of the nicest available on android, and would love to add some added functionality.

I would try and do this myself, but I need to find tools for editing android xml files....I have tried bb's but I keep getting errors like "unable to find 6546456.txt" Is it possible to edit android xml files in eclipse, and, if so, how?

Guest Phoenix Silver
Can anyone suggest:

1) a flip/digital clock widget (no gps permissions - weather not required)

2) system information widget (ram free/rom free and sd space minimum)?

Do not need to be free they just need to do what I want them to do without permissions/tracking my location.

TIA

system info widget (it's its name) in market

CAP201102202103.jpg

some of its icons just under the clock

Guest reddwarfiscool

Good thread!

I would recommend Texdro. Very useful for typing and sending text messages using your pc and Andorid phone.

Free and paid versions.

Guest The Soup Thief
is there an application that I use touchscreen or something else to go back instead of using back button.

Many thanks

Dolphin browser allows you to you use touchscreen gestures in this way

There may well be add-ons for the Android browser that might add this functionality, but I don't know of them, sorry

Try searching the market for "gesture" - it has things like Gesture Tool, which, from the description seem to do the kinds of things you describe

Guest moxon

thanks for quick reply ..

one more thing

how to open more than one application and close simultaneously ?

any app for it please

Many thanks

Guest The Soup Thief
thanks for quick reply ..

one more thing

how to open more than one application and close simultaneously ?

any app for it please

Many thanks

Could try any of the appkiller apps maybe?

You don't really need to do this with Froyo and Gingerbread, in fact many claim power usage is worse/less efficient if you do kill multiple apps like this rather than let them manage their own running / slowing in the background